Chapter 1 : The Beginning Of A Young Poet

As I woke up I was hit with the realization that the room I was in was one that I was unfamiliar with. It was odd, I did not remember my hair being long enough to cover my entire face. And I did not remember that specific bed. It was a normal white bed but the blankets seemed a bit feminine with a few flower patterns on them. After I had opened my eyes I tried to call out for someone. As I spouted a few syllables I had stopped upon listening to my own voice being on a higher pitch than usual. It was a but frightening for me since I didn’t quite understand what was happening. I decided to get out of bed and look around a bit to hopefully find something that might help me understand what us happening. Apart from those as I stood up from my bed my hands were a lot more delicate and small and my body felt lighter. I had gotten up, apparently wearing a pair of blue pyjama’s and then I started looking around. Upon looking around the room I saw a door that was connected to this room. I decided to enter. It was a simple bathroom with a mirror facing at the door. Which is why I was able to see my reflection almost immediately. This body I didn’t recognize it. It was definitely a female body. As I stared into the mirror I didn’t realize time had passed. I looked at a clock in that room and realized I’ve been staring at myself for 7 minutes. I then thought to myself «how could this have happened to me. This cannot be me I do not recognize that person». It was a bit scary and at the same time shocking. I finally came to my sense after a good 5 minutes and I had decided that this is probably my body. It can’t be any other way. But how. This is not supposed to happen normally. I began to think of anything that could’ve led to this but it was useless. I couldn’t think of anything. I continued looking around and eventually found a letter from my mother, the letters were smudgy but I got a few words out and the basic meaning. As I deduced every possibility and also now having this letter. I understood that there is a huge percentage of the world that has special abilities. Apparently my mother had one she named : second chance. She was allowed to allow anyone to continue their life inside a different body. The drawback is that anyone how gets a second chance forgets the last 24 hours of their lives which explained well on why I didn’t realize. That was sadly all I had learned. As of where is that part of the population is unknown to me at the time. I then just simply saw down and thought to myself. «I shouldn’t be so panicked about this, I can’t do anything about it anyways might as well enjoy it a tad bit if it is possible». I then went to that bathroom to make sure if anyone would come in I wouldn’t be caught doing weird things. As I was in that room I started experimenting with this body I woke up in. I didn’t do anything dirty just yet although I can definitely say I’m no longer curious on how soft a chest is and knowing how a real naked body looks like. I put the clothes back on and left the room and opened the closet in that room to see if anything else was there. Nothing much simply some pairs of clothes and many empty hangers. I closed the closet and then I sat in the corner of that bed. As I was starting to drift off to my own thoughts, someone opened the door, it was a middle aged woman around 50. She told me in a calm voice something I was shocked to hear «Hello dear you finally woke up you’ve been sleeping a lot lately. Go downstairs and I will serve you your breakfast alright?» which I thought logically that I shouldn’t ask anything so I simply responded with «alright I’ll… I’ll there just five me a few minutes» which she responded to with «alright but be quick or all the food will be eaten, I know we just took you into the family but you have to know your new siblings eat a lot and really fast» I was at a loss for words. So I simply noded. As the woman closed the door my mind jumped to a conclusion almost immediately. «I don’t remember much but since this body doesn’t seem to have any other memories they must’ve found me on the street or something. Probably how my mom’s ability would have worked. She must not get to decide where the body goes exactly but she can decide on a small scale maybe. That would explain how I was sent somewhere where I would be taken care off. I then went on to assume that they must’ve taken me in here after they saw I was in the streets. Of course this is an assumption but it could be a valid one I think» is what I thought to myself. Then it was when I started to question that. Why would they have a spare room. As I thought about that I found a picture on a nightstand next to the bed. I looked into the picture and saw a girl around my age in the photo. She must’ve lived here. The only way to know of her or why this room is free is a question I should ask the family. Finally after a few minutes I went down stairs with the pyjama’s I was originally wearing. As I went down there were stairs I saw many pictures of this family including that girl from the picture. I continued walking and I reached a room with a large table at the center. There a family was sitting having breakfast. They were eating pancakes. And there I saw two boys seemingly a bit older than I was. One seemed 16 and the other seemed 17. There was also a little baby on a little baby chair being fed by that woman. She must’ve been the mother of this family. Apparently the father was in another room on the phone for an important call. But there was a problem for me. I couldn’t see that girl from the picture anywhere around. I was overwhelmed by my curiosity so I went ahead and asked. «hello miss. I would like to ask you something» I said softly. Which then she responded with «what is it dear we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I’m sure it must be really hard for you. You just woke up in a room with people you don’t know so go ahead and ask.». I then out of simply my curiosity I asked about that girl «there was a picture with a girl over the nightstand. May I ask who she is» as I said that everyone’s voice fell silent. It was like I said something I wasn’t supposed to. Then after a very sad look and tears in her eyes the woman responded «she was my daughter you see. She had a heart disease that we couldn’t cure with no medicine we had or even the doctors had. She has unfortunately passed» My face went into one of shock and guilt as I realized the question I has asked. I quickly apologized to the family. They didn’t seem to be mad at all. Just a little sad from the memories of that girl passing. I then sat down and ate a few pancakes. It was a bit disturbing since my body had gotten lighter so I could not eat as much as I used to but I still enjoyed it. I thanked then for the food and then I went upstairs to that room to sit. It took some time to decide what I should do on this topic. Because it was a really complex dillema. Should I enjoy the second chance my mother had offered me or should I look into it and see what has happened truly. After a few moments I decided. I wanna know what happened to my mom and the rest of my family. I am curious to learn more about these abilities and powers people have. So I decided I would look into it a little more. No. I would go to the point where I would not have any more questions about this. Because since I got a second chance I might as well. Use it to the fullest.