Chapter 2 : A White Lie

I would sometimes wonder around my room. This was one of these times. I sat in the corner of my bed thinking a bit about my current situation. Something felt off. I thought to myself on how I found that letter. My mother must've transferred me with it? Probably not. That way the letter would be in my pocket or somewhere near. It was hidden in the room. And when I thought that the mother of this family must've hidden it there, I put that idea away. If she didn't want me to find it she would have simply burned it. She must not have been aware of it. Meaning the person that placed the letter there wanted me to find it. But also not anybody else to find it. If that's the case it must be someone close to me from my previous life. The only person that knew of this letter was my mother but it doesn't make sense for her to have placed it there. If she had then that would mean she entered the house and that would also imply she knows these people because she also left me with them. If that's the case then I can't trust these people with this letter. She must've hidden it from them. I then spoke to myself «damn it! This is really bothersome. If I have to hide this letter from that family then I guess I'm gonna do it. I must act like I saw nothing though. If mom doesn't trust these people with the letter they should have some connection to what it says. Maybe the abilities. I wish I knew. Well until now there isn't much to know. My few hopes of understanding everything is to find some strings attached to the whole ability thing. All I have that could even possibly be connected to that, is the family in this house.» I then sighed as I layed down on that bed with the pyjama's. The pyjama's were a blue pair with a tiger in the middle. For some reason that felt comfortable and happy to wear. I stayed lying on the bed thinking not something related to the whole story of the abilities. I had decided to think a little bit more casual stuff. The first thing that came to mind was my name. I did not have one for this body. So I went ahead and asked the lady. She simply answered by saying that she can't possibly know my name. I apologised for the weird question and went back up to my room. I late began to try and figure out a name for my new self. As I kept thinking I decided on a Japanese name. I did grew up in Japan and my mother was japanese herself. Then I decided that my name would be Kobashigawa Kumiko. I was excited for some reason by giving myself a name. After a few moments of silence I was bored out of my mind so I went downstairs to get to know this new family. I first approached the oldest sibling there. He was 17 and his name was Nagano Osamu. As we were chatting I tried learning a bit abt him. Turns out he is one of these athletic kids in the schools. After about 1 hour our conversation ended. I am not very fond of talking to people normally but this time I got myself to do it because from what I have seen it's family. I didn't talk to anyone else for the day instead I went and took a shower. It was a bit uncomfortable at first because of the new body. It felt like I was doing something wrong. I then relaxed and took the bath. I dried myself and went ahead to get dressed. Then I saw something that would haunt me for some time. I had realized that I no longer have men's clothes. This closet only has feminine clothes. A challenge I would never have to accept. At least not on normal terms. I just looked for the least feminine clothing for a start but all I could find were girlish clothes. The girl that used to live in this room was for sure really feminine. I stared at the closet for some time with my eyes a bit widened and all that could cross my mind then was how this is quite the situation I was in. I felt a bit of a bummer as I had to wear these now, I tried to at least pick the colors that were masculine. She only had skirts. Which would be weird but at the moment it was summer so it's not THAT weird. I black skirt and a white shirt. I walked out of that room and began considering every possibility with the information I had. In mere seconds my skills brought me to a single conclusion. I took myself and went down to the middle aged woman. I spoke to her one simple sentence. It may have been a lie. But that was what I'm sue was the correct thing to do! «Miss. I... have an ability»