Chapter 3 : A Prison For Gamblers

After I got locked in that cell 92 hours had passed. In total almost 4 days. After that the doors lock made a bleep noise as the light became green and the doors opened. I started walking outside my cell and arrived in am almost never lasting hallway as it seems to go so far that my eyes couldn't see how far it actually went. Some speakers in the hallway asked everyone to go forwards towards the end of the hallway. It was then when I realized all other cell gates as the rest of the prisoners engressed into the hallway. I followed the crowd in a seemingly large room. Inside that room there was an enormous monitor on the top of the room. The moment everyone entered the room the doorways which we went through closed behind us as the monitor turned on revealing a person dressed in a black suit sitting on a throne. Then he spoke. «welcome my fellow ability users! I'm sure you're confused! But you won't be for long! You see we hired ability users with transportation abilities to gather you all here! It's going to be lovely. Right now we have 58.291 people in this room! But there is a catch!» his voice got serious «only the last 100 people will have the privilege to live after what happens in this» as he finished speaking. I laughed because I knew that the new family were hired to kidnap ability users. I had expected this. This will be lots of fun! Then the man in the screen spoke once again «now that this is out of the way. My name is Kawabata Aoi. And I am the genius behind all of this project. I will now reveal the 5 most dangerous people out there. But before that I should tell you. You are allowed to team up with others but that will make you mroe dangerous and known. That could be trouble. So here it is. The ranking.» the screen switched away from Aoi and went on a ranking of the top 5.
1. Archive Vinogradov
2. Hagatsuma Kumiko
3. Umemoto Ume
4. Toma Shig
5. Nishimoto Akiko
This list seems quite interesting. Apparently number 1 and 2 were a team so that must be one of the reasons. But they do seem quite strong and capable of making it. I would not wanna trouble with them. But by what Aoi said. 58.191 people will be eliminated when this all ends. This piqued my interest as I kept on thinking 'why would a person choose to make something like that' it fascinated me. Is that man just... crazy? It's amazing... even I couldn't figure out his location after that message. He truly is the first one. This is exciting but also it makes me feel... absolutely scared as hell. He's a genius this is... oh dear God. As I kept on talking to myself the speaker spoke «now that the introduction has been done. We would like you to go to the rooms assigned to you. On our left there is a hallway with rooms other than your cells. There is a Russian roulette. There is a chess board. A fighting arena. Truly everything, this is where the first stage happens. Where 8.001 of you people will be eliminated. I hope you all have fun~» everyones face was filled with horror as they stared at the walls for a few seconds before they started going in the rooms. I went afterwards too. This was horrible. From now I should be more careful with my steps. I should first learn what happens when the opponent is eliminated. I went up to the closest person I could find and asked him a question.
-Me- «hey can I ask you something
-???- «can I help you» he said with a call couce trying to hide his terror of the situation. Wasn't quite sure why.
-Me- «do you know what happens after elimination?»
-???- «I'll tell you on one term alright?»
-Me- «alright what is it!» I said full of excitement at the man
-???- «a date~»
-Me- «excuse me?»
The man kept on smiling at me. It was then that I remembered. I'm a girl now. He later then introduced himself. His name was Shiro Shiro. Weirdly enough. I politely rejected him afterwards and with a look fo disappointment he started talking speaking to me again.
-Shiro- «well that's alright I guess. Can't force you can I. Well I'll answer your question. Elimination is when a person loses in the game. When they lose they have no choice but to do anything the winner says whether that is death or servitude. That's why no one here wants to lose.»
-Me- «I see but how do you know that?-
-Shuro- «there is a board nearby with some rules. I told you abt the elimination and all so would you like me to tell you the other one?»
-Me- «yes if that's okay with you»
-Shiro- «don't worry it is. Well the second rule is you can't harm anyone here if it isn't for a game or bet or you'll be eliminated immediately. The orders are absolute. Also never try to escape or you will get again be killed.»
-Me- «can't I just keep rejecting their bets and stay ti the top 100?»
-Shiro- «I'm afraid that isn't a possibility. We all have something called Merit cards. Each one is given three of them. Each time you reject a bet one of them burns. If you try and reject another one after all your cards were burned you will be burned with the cards unless you try to take it back and accept it»
-Me- «that all makes sense. But you say stuff about elimination and then death of the ones who don't follow the rules. I thought only 8.001 people would die in the first round.»
-Shiro- «well after the first trial is over everyone gets some sort of an immortality that doesn't allow death. So if the number has reached it's maximum. Then in that case all other bets are canceled and all rest survive or stay free»
-Me- «thanks Shiro-San. You've been a great help»
-Shiro- «no problem. Now I have a question for you»
-Me- «well sure. Why not»
-Shiro- «why did you reject me before was it my looks? Was it something I said? Was it maybe my voice cracking? Did I come too close? Did I accidentally touch you?» he said with a voice not to put pressure but actually worry.
-Me- «N-No I was just not interested I'm sorry»
-Shiro- «oh thank God in still perfect»
-Me- doubt «oh I still haven't introduced myself. My name is... Kobashigawa Kumiko»
-Shiro- «wl it was nice to meetcha Kobashigawa-San»
-Me- «hey Shiro»
-Shiro- «yeah what is it?»
-Me- «I want to challenge you into a bet of any game you like»
He smiled at this. It seemed he had a game in mind perfect for him. As he answered with a grin on his face. «sure. Let's play Poker then shall we?».
-Me- «yes let's play some poker friend»