Chapter 26 : To Ascend

Time was passing fast and we left the outskirts of this city and moved to another one. This wasn’t the only time we had to go away. In the span of only a few days the whole world knew about us. Every single person working for the government was on out backs trying to kill, torture or imprison us. Maybe all three. We would have been caught already if we didn’t have everyone’s abilities and mine and Archive’s intelligence. If we also weren’t at a disadvantage from the central community the situation would be a lot different now but I still do not know. Aoi is a tricky person. And with him existing in this world nothing is a coincidence. Not even the familiarity with that picture. I’m certain it had somethugng to connect to Aoi. It’s like I had relived it at some point. Yet it couldn’t have been that as Aoi’s ability only allows him to move backwards in time for a few minutes from what we have seen. Nothing makes sense. I can’t figure it out. It is hopeless. I have… absolutely nothing.
We looked and examined the picture whilst hidden somewhere in Brazil. None of us understood and weirdly so the picture was familiar with all of us. Everyone could feel something about it. Everyone had a gut feeling about it. But nothing. For weeks hiding and trying to understand this with everyone. We got nothing. We had no time it was getting harder and harder to run away. Escaping to another country became impossible. We were trapped without anything around us. It’s exactly like when you go in that drawn circle on the ground as a child. You can’t leave because you’ll lose. But our only difference is that we lose if we stay in the circle too.
We had the idea of pretending we are godly deities because of their abilities. But the world is now far more dangerous than it used to be. Weapons such as nukes exist. But this even needed as all of us can be killed by a mere gun. Apart from maybe Shiro who can change it with cotton. But even then he’d be killed if he was hit with a weapon larger than the amount of cotton he had. And eventually. We decided to move to a non-crowded space so that no one would have to stay there and be arrested alongside us for keeping us safe as we are criminals. We sat in the center of a lake that wasn’t very deep. Feeling the wind in our hair and our legs in water one last time. Shiro was crying. Ume too. Archive and Kumiko were crying as they knew that the prison they’d go to would probably split them. They kissed again one more time.
After around only twenty minutes of staying there we were surrounded by multiple government agents. Not just from Brazil. We could see USA, China, Russia, Spain. The whole world came to us so that we’d be captured. And as everyone was crying I spread my hands out and smiled at them. «Pick me up». Was all I said. The cuffs I had noticed was a syringe. It probably was to cancel our abilities temporarily.
We were cuffed. And were all taken to different places across the world’s.
I was told that the general wanted to have a word with me. I was at a white room. Unable to move I was tied down to a chair. I was unable to move my arms, legs and even fingers. They untied my legs so that I’d be able to walk. I was walking my hands still trapped inside this white suit.
I was brought inside his office with seven armed guards.
Aoi asked then to step out and gestured me to sit down. I took a seat in front of him.
-Aoi- «What a glorious chess game we played don’t you agree?»
-Me- «Far better than the time I won at 8D chess»
-Aoi- «It indeed was. My brain was fried chicken nuggets whilst I was fighting such a Calamity»
-Me- «What a kind  nickname for me won’t you agree?»
-Aoi- «Indeed indeed!! Oh I had such a fun time with you. I’d kill you now but that would ruin the fun right? Plus I’m certain you have a bombed strapped to your chest»
-Me- «My my eyes up here Aoi. Either way I may be an adult now but. You’re far older than me»
-Aoi- «I don’t know what you’re talking about darling. I’m only twenty seven»
-Me- «I disagree. I believe your age is around. Seventy million, two hundred thirty eight thousend and five hundred forty four years old. Your body is indeed twenty seven though»
Aoi’s eyes widened but then he grabbed his face and laughed it off.
-Aoi- «That’s amazing correct! How did you even know dear?»
-Me- «Because you’re such a perfectionist»
-Aoi- «It was that that gave me away wasn’t it»
-Me- «Yes it was. It was exactly that»
-Aoi- «Darling I adore your spirit. Why don’t you join me! We will have so much fun ruling over this world!»
-Me- «I’ve said it multiple times. I think at least. I refuse your offer»
-Aoi- «Yes I expected that. But in order to keep you all at check I’ll be sure to put every lats one of you in separate prisons from all over the world. Every single one made for you especially. Yours is in the center of Antarctica»
-Me- «That’s sad but I would have wished for something with a better temperature»
-Aoi- «Don’t worry. Just because you were overall better than me here I still have a small gift you don’t have. I always have an advantage. Just like my abilities and my gods. All my advantages»
-Me- «HA I KNEW IT I KNEW IT»
-Aoi- «YEEEE YOU GOT IT!... You fucking idiot»
-Me- «You can rot in hell you bastard»
-Aoi- «Listen here I’m making your cell amazing just because I had fun with you. Better take care over there. I’ll also give you one item. Choose»
-Me- «I’m sure you won’t give me anything to escape with. So I want to be wearing a lion onesie»
-Aoi- «What?» be laughed his ass off in front of me. «Sure! Might as well have fun since you’ll be locked forever. With people feeding you and brushing your teeth like you’re some toddler»
-Me- «Yeah. If I’m treated like one I should dress like one shouldn’t I?»
-Aoi- «Yeah. Sure. Now go to hell buddy. Check mate»
-Me- «Goodbye»
I was taken away in my prison cell in Antarctica and stayed there… to die.