Chapter 26.5 : Tamed

-Ume- «Shig… please stop it»
-Shig- «…»
-Ume- «Shig please I…»
-Shig- «…»
-Ume- «Shig I!»
-Shig- «Your voice is annoying. Shut up»
Ume stared at him with a depressed look on her face. She hesitantly took a gun out and shot Shig but armor grew on his body and the bullet did nothing. Shig pressed a button and the door behind Ume closed. Scared for he life she took a molotov she had on her and threw it on Shig. He didn’t even bother dodging it as flame did nothing to him. He slowly started walking towards her. Ume was in a state of panic as she didn’t know what to do in that situation.
She tried to run to the left but a knife flw in front of her making a small cut on her nose as she stepped backwards from the shock and feel to her pelvis. She was too afraid to stand up again. Yet she chose this fight. She is the one who wanted this.
Back then. Before we were even caught I remember her words perfectly…
-Ume- «Kumiko I understand it’s stupid and that I’m really really weak but I beg of you. Let me be the one who looks for Shig after we escape!»
-Me- «Shig ain’t in prison Ume. Aoi wouldn’t let this chance go to waste so I’m certain Shig is working for him now»
-Ume- «Kumiko still… let me be the one…»
-Me- «I mean… sure. Either way you probably have the highest success rate out of all of us against Shig»
-Ume- «But how can I kill a beast like that…»
-Me- «You won’t» she smiled.
That moment then these words still echoed to my head.
Ume ran towards Shig. Ume’s ability always had a flaw. No matter how much Ume tricked the vision. She couldn’t trick hearing, smell. Nothing else. Temperature and sense of balance too. And shd had never awakened her ability. But in that moment. For that one person and only him. Ume’s ability. Took a stage above. To the heavens.
Just for Shig. Just for that man. I could have minor control of all his senses.
Immediately. Shig couldn’t hear, couldn’t  smell, couldn’t perceive correctly. He was feeling incredible pain and couldn’t even find where the nose was in his own body. He had lost his body awareness. He lost his sense of touch and balance. His taste disappeared and he felt his body both burning and freezing. It was exactly like his own brain sabotaged him at that moment. Immense feelings of stress enough to give a normal person a heart attack was given twice as powerful to him. Shig was only in control of his ability and body but it was worthless as he had no idea how to move.
Ume took a knife out and went to stab him but even then. Even weakened at such a degree where he could comprehend nothing. Toma Shig is the living embodiment of a beast. He knocked himself unconscious and as Ume was close to finishing the job. She stopped herself. She couldn’t hurt him. She just couldn’t. The knife turned to dust immediately and Shig was standing up. His eyes fully white not even looking at her. Shig wasn’t moving out of his brain. Because his brain wasn’t functioning well at that point in time. His body was doing all the thinking by itself and he grabbed her arm. The one holding the knife and ripped it off. Ume started to bleed a lot and another person showed himself kicking her in the stomach. Shig regained his sense and punched her across the room. Shig punched her and her head blew up. Yet again though. Can you really ever trust your own eyes. When tj comes to a master illusioner. Shig had blown up the head of his teammate. I was just standing there. My arm was still ripped off and iw as laying on the ground. Shig turned his attention to me and approached me. His every step filled with malice. I was standing there with fear and he had reached so close to me he could just step on my neck and finish the job.
-Shig- «Why aren’t you using your illusions. I had my guard down and you could’ve killed me back then. Why didn’t you. You’ll suffer the consequences for your mistake Ume»
-Ume- She giggled a little bit. «Why would I kill you… when you weren’t even trying to kill me yourself. If you tried you’d have killed me the moment I stepped into that door… you’re not that way Shig… I know you’re not…»
-Shig- «You sound like a dumb teenager Ume. I’m sorry if I can’t fulfill your fantasy. But I’m not as soft as you»
Ume smiled at him.
-Ume- «You’re really uncool… when you cry like that...»
Shig hadn’t even noticed but he grabbed his face and realized he was crying buckets.
-Ume- «Goodnight… Shig… live a life that you’ll remember. For me…»
Shig just stared at Ume’s corpse. No more tears were shed. No more words were uttered in that room. And it appears Ume in the end did in fact… kill the beast.