Chapter 15 : The Midgame Part 3

We were both standing there. Archive, Shig and I were staring down at the revived corpses. It was then that Archive took a gun out. I smiled a bit ready to fight the archangel and beat him. Then Archive pointed that gun to where his will told him to. His mind made him to aim. At me. My eyes widened in shock. Without looking at me oen bit he talked to the Archangel.
-Archive- : «Can… you’re ability… being someone back… fully and not as a marionette? Can you bring someone else back as something else than a puppet without will…» his voice cracked many times as he spoke those words. Archive was unstable.
-Shitsukai- : «Why yes of course! I usually choose not to because you see they might rebel and not listen to me anymo-»
-Archive- «That’s all I wanted to hear. Tell me. Will you bring Hagatsuma Kumiko back. If I kill Kobashigawa Kumiko?»
-Shitsukai- «Oh?... Are you… asking me? That is indeed quite the foolish question. I can only bring people back a total of 7 times in my life. I’ve used that already 4 times. It’s foolish to use such an ability on a pathetic life fork like the serpent!»
-Archive- «I beg of yo-!»
-???- «Now now. Let’s all relax. Shitsukai» said a man in the shadows. «Please think of the boss a little more thoroughly. Wouldn’t he enjoy seeing the people he hates the most try and kill each other? Now of course that’s not all there is to it. Because of my special ability I’m the greatest messenger and I already have boss’s orders. So listen Archive Vinogradov. Boss asked of you to do 2 things if you want to have your girlfriend saved. Kill Kobashigawa Kumiko. And then. Stop trying to kill him. Focus on the game he has made you’re ruining his fun»
-Archive- «And what even is your name…»
-???- «Iseri Mitsuo my friend. I am one of the gods working under Boss»
Gods… he’s one of the gods… and his ability is being a messenger? That cannot be right. It’s said all gods have a paradox like power. Thinking about it is a real pain. There are many paradoxes but which one can connect like this. Taking a message from another person. I wish I could’ve found out about his ability but that will not be the best right now since I am in a very dangerous situation.
-Mitsuo- «Oh yeah I almost forgot boss requested the way of killing should not be done by a bet. Kobashigawa-San’s death of course. It will be done by the Debacle Races. The whole facility will take part in it. It works very simply. The Debacle Races take normally up to a week. In the first 10 hours you must’ve obtained at least 15 points. You obtain 1 point by killing someone. If that person has already a few points you get those points included an extra one. Then by the end of the 1st day you must’ve obtained 20 points. And in the end of the 2nd day you must have at least 60 points. And then all points are reset. And for the rest of the 4 days remaining in that week. The survivors will have to kill each other in a arena. Now the opponents are chosen randomly. But if you are the person with the most points you will be able to choose your opponent and the person who was picked cannot disagree nor go against it. As for the people that would have failed to follow all of these terms. They will die by the facilities hidden weapons»
Archive seemed annoyed at the way he had to do it. Yet he raised his head and tears ran through his cheeks. He lifted his head with his face being the epitome of determination.
-Archive- «And if… I kill Kobashigawa-San during the Debacle Races then would that mean… Kumiko will… she… be brought back to life?»
-Mitsuo- «Why yes of course. Our boss may nto seem like it but he keeps his promises!» he paused and grinned. «I know about your ability. You already used it haven’t you. Take a look. Don’t be afraid young one. After all you can see for yourself. We are no liars»
After that Archive turned to look at me. I expected him wanting to kill me. Although his face was hesitant.
-Archive- «Kumiko… I’m sorry…» his tears started flowing down faster. «I’m sorry. You must understand… I…» he then wiped the tears of his face and cleared his voice and looked at me «I’m gonna need… to end your life. In return for Hagatsuma-San’s life»
I was mad and annoyed at first but I empathized for him. I looked down and I grabbed the hand that held the gun and slowly placed it down
-Me- «Archive… I understand… but I’m very sorry… I’ll be the one to send you. With Hagatsuma-San…» I said with a few years and a smile. But then the tears stopped for bith of us. As we shook our hands. We shall await the Debacle Races and sadly only one of us. Can win this time.
We were announced that the Debacle Races would occur in a few days and that we should prepare. Both Archive and I talked to the top 10 and many of most of them. 4 to be exact went with Archive. The other 3 went with me. Nishimoto Akiko. Umemoto Ume and Toma Shig. I obtained as many Artificial Blessings of a variety of abilities. It was now 3 days until the races. And I sat down at the dorm room. Archive sat beside me. He turned to me. His face was clear to be read at the broken state that he was in. His expression said he didn’t want to kill me. But he was willing to do it if it was for Hagatsuma-San. He looked like he wanted to want to talk but guilt seemed to overwhelm him at that moment.
-Me- «Archive… you don’t have to say anything. Most people would have done the same thing. After all you barely know me. You’ve been with Hagatsuma-San more than you and I have been by a lot I’m sure. So don’t worry. I am not sure but… I would’ve done the same»
-Archive- «… Oh… I see…» hjs lips formed a smile of relief but it still seemed he was sad but at the same time at peace. «Thank you for being so understanding. I do feel bad I have to say but I have to do this for her. I won’t tell anyone about your lack of ability. After all it’s not like I want to harm you. But I am willing to kill you… this may as well be our last conversation Kumiko. I wish you can survive long enough against me»
-Me- «Same for you lazy simp»
Archive giggled a bit and walked away and I remained sat down and I kept thinking about how me and Archive. Are gonna have to kill each other.