Chapter 8 : The Central Community

The week had passed. We could now roam free in the facilities of this place. We could challenge people. We could place bets. And Kiyomi was with me as we went outside our dorm. My target... Archive Vinogradov... I have decided. I'll kill you, not because of Shiro Shiro although he is partly the reason. But most importantly... that way... I'll stop your meaningless bullshit. I saw your way up the rankings. In the first test... you killed 132 people. First test wasn't it. You could've made them slaves, comrades, anything really. But to end a life. And so many. You're scum and I myself will take the responsibility of killing you. And other than that your death will bring me a step closer to Kawabata Aoi. No matter which way you look at it I must kill you.
Afterwards as Kiyomi brought her friends she told me she was also friends with Hagatsuma-San. She said they had a meeting at a specific room in a few hours. I said I'll be there but there should be something I'd like to do for now. She smiled at me happily and said she'd wait for me. I went ahead to what I was planning on doing. I visited a person to make a deal with them as I would need their ability for the future. Umemoto Ume.
Umemoto Ume was a woman in her late twenties. She had long scarlet hair and Green eyes. In return for letting me make use of her and her ability was simple. That I would owe her a favor in the future. The favor could be anything from helping her find a boyfriend to killing a person or two. It would not go further than anything I asked from her. She could ask anything as long as it's either lower or of same importance with her part of the deal. After we shook hands I left the room.
A few hours had passed. And then I went looking for Kiyomi. I entered that room. Kiyomi was smiling and it seemed like a normal room with a desk. «Where is Hagatsuma-San Kiyomi-Chan?» I asked her. And after fully entering the room Kiyomi she'd a small year.
-Kiyomi- «Kumiko... I'm so sorry... I-I-I don't have a choice I... I... They'll kill them... if I don't... comply... Lord Archive... knows you're planning to kill him. He thinks it's a hassle for him to do it so he made me do it. If I didn't he said he'd challenge all of my friends. I hate to do this Kumiko. I really like you and you're a great person and I wish I could still be friends with you but... I can't... I'll shoot you! Then they'll be safe!» she took a gun out and pointed it at me. The door was shut with 7 locks that I couldn't identify. I looked at her as she took a shot to my heart.
To her surprise I was unharmed.
-Me- «Kiyomi... it's fine, But you needn't worry about this. I'll kill Archive myself. Sadly I... I cannot let myself die. No matter how many die a person should always look for their own well-being first. I'm honestly surprised you'd do all that for your friends. I could've been wearing explosives you never could know. I should probably explain why I can communicate with you now and why the bullet went through me. You see I borrowed the powers of Umemoto Ume, Illusion parade. She can uhm like create illusions that can deceive the eyesight and hearing of all beings. Stuff like smell, touch and taste remain unharmed. I don't know why I mentioned taste I cannot imagine a scenario where you'd need to taste to see if it's a illusion apart from maybe food in a really what if scenario. Anyhow. I'm gonna lock both you and all your friends in separate rooms and you're not gonna be allowed to go outside at all. Unfortunately to keep Archive from finding out about you and your friends I'll leave you with a small supply of food and water as well as air conditioning. But be unable to give you any more food or water. If you live or not is depending on how fast I kill Archive. Both you and your friends. Goodbye» then my illusion faded.
-Ume- «If I may ask why didn't you kill that girl. She was obviously ready to kill you and she deceived you. I can hear what my illusions hear so I know what she said before she shot you but. Can you really know if she's lying or not?»
-Me- «I knew she'd betray me from the very start Ume-san. With that in mind I could've killed her or challenged her immediately. But I have a sort of... gift you can call it, I can read people's faces very well. To the point where sometimes I can read their thoughts. Kiyomi is an emotional girl. She's very easy to read and I just don't want to kill a person who. Doesn't have any malice towards me»
-Ume- «You're weird. Remember you owe me now alright? You saved your friend from Archive Vinogradov for now. And I won't forget and you better not as well!»
-Me- «I won't forget don't worry Ume-san»
With that Ume walked away for the time being. After that I started making my way to the largest place in the whole facility. The Central Community. It had a ceiling that was over 100 meters tall. Multiple stairs in the walls leading to many halls. Hundreds of people. It even had a cafeteria. And best part was that all the food was free. The place was so nice and overall comparing to how much you could walk around here. You could say it's around half the size of Central Perk in New York city. There were a couple of tables near the cafeteria just like some from schools. People would eat and chat there. I looked around to sit somewhere but all the tables where full. Apart from oen that caught my attention. Hagatsuma-San and a white haired boy was sitting next to her half asleep on her shoulder. His hair gradually fased from the white to a golden color. I had nowhere else to sit so I went over to the. It was clear Hagatsuma-San let me sit but wasn't really excited about it. After Hagatsuma-San ate for a little while she got up and went to use the bathroom. The boy opened his eyes and almost fell off. «Are you okay?» I asked him carefully. The boy then turned to look at me seeming to have noticed me just now. As he was looking at me for around a few seconds I asked «I'm sorry is something in my eye?». After looking at me for a little more he said blatantly «You don't have an ability... do you... and... you weren't born a girl... correct?». I tried to keep my facial expression from hiding but in my head I was panicking. This person. Just who is that man. Who. «Nevermind it owuld be quite the boring job to prove it. I'm gonna be waiting for Kumiko but uhm that's gonna take a while... so wanna chat until she comes or something?». Is that man insane? He's saying those stuff like it's sometng obvious and then acts like nothing happened.
-Me- «I uhm like kittens and drawing I suppose. I have a bad habit of analyzing people as well»
-???- «Same... although I have a few wishes what are yours?»
-Me- «Mine? Well they are mostly secret but I can say there's one dude I'd lie to speak to. I'm curious about certain stuff. What about you?»
-???- «Sex»
-Me- «Sex? With whom»
-???- «I don't know I guess Kumiko. But I'm too bored to hit on her»
-Me- «That was a weird thing to hear today. Oh I still haven't asked you. What's your name?»
-???- «Name? My name is. Archive Vinogradov»
He's... Archive?! Seriously?! He's the man I wanna kill? A man that smart and with rumrod spreading about his ability. Him?! Why am I getting cold feet now if I wanna kill him I have to relax. But something tells me that I should be careful with him. Since one step wrong and I'll probably die. I started hyperventilating and he looked at me weirdly. «Allergies to the food you got? Go to the infirmary». After he said that Hagatsuma-San came and she and Archive left. I calmed myself down and I kept thinking. I remember also doing my best to read his face and analyze him as a person. But his face and eyes where always so expressionless. Nothing came out of them. I started to hold my head as it started to hurt. I decided to go to the bathroom and wash my face. I made my way into the bathroom and filled my face with cold water over the sink. I looked at myself in the mirror. I jumped a bit in the first place. I suppose I still aren't used to the whole 'girl me' just yet and I won't b anytime soon. But I guess I was pretty cute. If I was still a man I'd fall for this... What am I even saying. I should relax. I need to sleep. But the dorms where a little fat away right now and I didn't wanna walk over there. I would have but in order to serve my own convinience I saw a bunch of girls holding futons going to a room. They where taking them from a man wearing a suit similar to many people here. I approached and asked «What is with all this?». He told me that it's a place in the facility where people go there to have a rest since some dorms are either far away or if people from different forms wanna sleep together. I took a futon from there and walked over there. There were multiple rooms and I later noticed each futon has a letter and number on them. You're supposed to go to that room. The letters where signifying the rooms and the numbers the floors. There were 30 floors. I went to one of these and slept there. When I woke up everything was normal. And I just stared out the window leaving my thoughts to rest...

(I wanna thank everyone for reading this book. I woke up today and saw that my views had multiplied. That made me really happy and got me all excited. I'll try my best to post chapters for all of you, have a good day my friends and viewers)
(I should note Kobashigawa Kumiko is wearing what she's wearing in the cover in this chapter)