Chapter 29 : When You Win The Lottery

Kumiko was still trying to deal even the slightest damage to Jurou. Not even a scratch was landed on that man. She looked at where Paghos was after finishing off Asuka. His eyes seemed to have died as he was staring at the sin he had just committed. He was definitely gone for a while.
-Kumiko H- «HEY YOU IDIOT SNAP OUT OF IT!»
Paghos didn’t move at all at her voice. He just stayed still. He couldn’t hear anyone, he couldn’t see anything else besides what was in front of him and he couldn’t sense anything. He had blocked everything.
-Kumiko H- «Fucking hell»
-Jurou- «Hey you snake-ass! You let your guard down!»
Jurou lifted a revolver and aimed at Kumiko. He shot at her. The bullet went through her stomach. She placed her hand on her wound and held it tightly. Before Jurou managed to take another shot she jumped ahead to kill him but she missed again and again.
A snake attacking a target that wasn’t there. That’s what most people would describe it as. The target wasn’t there. It wasn’t within the reach of the snake’s attacks. But even then. When the attacker wasn’t expecting it. A bird would fly. And scar it’s back.
Kumiko was in front of the enemy and yet she couldn’t even touch him. She couldn’t even scratch him or even go near him. And that’s all because. She assumed her attacks would hit him.
When you go to the lottery and buy a ticket you usually have three thoughts. One of these at least. The first one is that you’ll definitely win and that your ticket is the winning one. That’s wrong. Because what if you buy another ticket and that one is the winning one? If you belive you can hold a winning ticket you also subconsciously assume the next ticket could also be the winning one. The second one is that you’ll fail. Usually when a gambler has that they do one of two things. Buy more tickets or sit down. The pens who buy more tickets expect the next one to be the winning one and the ones who sit down expect the next ones to be the losing ones. In both cases you should assume the next ticket after your second one should also be a winning or losing ticket.
The third one… they are the ones who are true gamblers. They never think they are going to win. They never think they are going to lose. Unlike a normal gambler. A true one gambles on chances for the mere fun of it. Those are the only people who have a chance of harming him. Simply because they never aim to harm him. They just throw their punches as they pleased for the pleasure of a gamble.
In order to hit him you need to love gamble and to place it upon every singly scenario you get.
Unfortunately. Kumiko wasn’t that kind of person. She knew what she had to do. But she was filled with rage. Only rage and couldn’t harm Jurou. Not in her wildest dreams. She has to gamble in order to land a hit on Jurou. She has to leave it all to luck and nothing else. No ill intentions. Nothing.
Jurou shot her again piercing her right lung and pelvic area. No matter what she would do she couldn’t win. She then laughed and cried as she stared to the sky. «Sorry my love…» were the onyl words that cane out if her mouth. Paghos even turned to look at her laughing. She was determined and her soul was so bright with life. But also so empty like death. She had to use that if she wanted to live.
So she started getting closer and being ready to do this. Jurou in front of her. She didn’t want to do this but she felt like she had to. It was then when an icicle flew on Jurou’s waist. Hitting him. Kumiko turned to her right from where that piece of ice was shot from. Paghos had two different eyes now. One of them was his own red dead eye. And the other was a green one. Shining like a crystal. The blood of siblings is not only similar. But it’s the same. Just like his sister. Paghos could produce mass amounts of energy throughout his blood cells. His heart pumping twice as fast as it should making the wounds on his body spurt blood everywhere.
-Kumiko H- «You… but how did you even»
-Paghos- «Kumiko… you still have the person you love. Don’t let them go away. And as for my ice. It’s simply a force… that can’t be stopped. Even through abilities. I’m absolute»
Kumiko stared at him in the eyes. He was losing a lot of blood. The blood was flowing as his heart worked to create the energy necessary to make two abilities function.
Jurou got up after being shot by Paghos. Holding onto his broken ribs he say the man that froze hell walk in front of him. He lifted his hands and forze him completely. Every cell, every part of Jurou. Was frozen. And by a mere kick. His body was shattered to pieces. Scattered around the room. Paghos started coughing. He kept losing more blood by the second. He was dying. His vision was getting blurry and he couldn’t escape it anymore. He fell down. Both his eyes now. Empty of life… Kumiko saw him sacrificing his own self. Jusy so that she could go on. Because he knew he would die. He wanted the man who made his sister suffer. Perish.
.
Kumiko walked through the halls to reach Aoi and kill him.
I was staring down. At the genius himself.
-Aoi- «… looks like… you’re far more trouble than I thought you would be…»
-Me- «Oh why what’s wrong?»
-Aoi- «Up until now. Not even a single detail has gone wrong with my predictions. For years I predicted it all and even turned back time to fix certain issues. But there is one problem with that. I can only alter myself and others that I touch. Back in time. And sadly I have to say. That I couldn’t do anything to stop your coming»
-Me- «Why couldn’t you simply have come near me another way? Like go back and stop my birth?»
-Aoi- «That’s not how time works. If I did that it would be canceled out immediately. Because if you never existed. I never had the reason Togo back in time and kill you. Plus there is a limited space of where my time reversal works. But that will all change today»
-Me- «Ah yes yes the casual plan to be the strongest. You’re boring ya know?»
-Aoi- «You’re damn annoying» he listed his revolver and shot me in the face.
Armor had grown over my head. Lime a shell and then it fell down.
-Me- «Aoi. I shall not apologise for using others strengths against you. After all. You’re cheating too aren’t you?»
-Aoi- He began laughing. «How did you know?» he paused. «Why yes. Well at least I tried but because of your pathetic tries the weapons won’t arise. And that’s frankly… annoying»
-Me- «Oh well what can ya do about it?»
-Aoi- «Well. I only need 10 minutes to accomplish the true meaning of my existance. Becoming. A god»
-Me- «Now what you say is impossible»
-Aoi- «And why is that?»
-Me- «Because only one god can exist. And that’s fucking me»
He smiled and started approaching me. One touch from his hand and the artificial blessing would be gone. He ran towards me and I noticed seven beams of light on his back. They came from a large shrine built behind him. They shrine seemed to be built of something that I couldn’t recognise.
Without being able to react he suddenly was much faster than supposed to. He touched me and the werebeast ability left.
-Me- «Spmethjgj doesn’t add up with you. You mentioned you changed your past mistakes. But wouldn’t that also make a paradox?»
-Aoi- «Oh lass no. My ability fixes small gaps in reality automatically. But for such large ones as taking someone’s life. Well. I just can’t seem to do that!»
He kicked my I’m the gut. His leg moved faster than I could even see it.
I was sent flying on an iron wall and dropped to the ground. I puked and coughed up blood. I had broken ribs and he was walking towards me as he seemed ready to kill me.
I was saved by Kumiko who leaped up front and straight up pinched Aoi across the face sending him seven meters away.
I looked up at her and she looked at me with disgust.
-Kumiko H- «If this is all you have. Then you’re probably useless in this place. Unless you somehow manage to use a great ability. I don’t see any sort of way you could assist us»
Kumiko bit her own knuckles as blood came out and went to punch Aoi. He was getting beat up but he was healing all the time. I toom a gun out and shot him in the leg but it made no difference. I was… useless.
As Kumiko was fighting Aoi I noticed he took out a spherical glass object. It glowed as it was standing in front of Kumiko. And when it activated it made a large hole. Through her stomach. I could see through the hole. The sphere then shattered into pieces.
Aoi grabbed her by the chin and laughed at her tries. She was barely holding onto dear life. But instead of giving up she hugged Aoi tightly. Her heart was beating tremendously fast as it was creating a quantity of venom large enough to cover Aoi for several minutes. Aoi looked at her and she looked at him back. If Aoi was hit by that he’d have to reset his body non-stop for minutes therefore making him a god would not happen anymore.