Chapter 16 : The Midgame Part 4

The killing games had started. Everyone was at the central community awaiting on more information on the topic. Then a large pillar raised from the center of the room. On top of it was standing Iseri Mitsuo including Shitsukai and three more people. Two of them I couldn’t recognise but it would be safe to assume they are archangels of Mitsuo. Hagatsuma-San was also there. Her eyes lifeless and empty. It was a depressing sight to behold. I didn’t know how Archive reacted since he wasn’t anywhere around me and I could count more than twenty thousend people here. Even if I tried to spot him it would take a while and it would be meaningless. Mitsuo stood in front of everyone and before he began his speach someone shot him right in the throat. But something didn’t go well for that person. Hagatsuma-San’s serpent ability gave her forearms scales of a snake. Hard enough to block bullets. Afterwards the person that shot Mitsuo was ready to die although the opposite happened. Mitsuo didn’t even react, flinch or look in his way. It was his way of saying he isn’t interested in small fries.
-Mitsuo- «Hello everyone! The Debacle Races shall begin from this day forward! Please go ahead and kill as many people as possible. It would certainly be entertaining to watch». He proceeded to explain the rules to everyone else in the room. I was preparing myself. I felt alone for a few seconds.
It was this feeling of emotional loneliness. That even when you are with people you feel alone. Akiko-San must’ve noticed this and placed her hand on my shoulder. She didn’t say anything. She just stared at me blankly. Even without her uttering the words I am aware of whay she would be saying. We have a plan. It won’t be a problem. As long as it all goes according to it. I’ll survive. Although I’ve learned that most plans here won’t work. A good example was Shiro Satoru but that man is dead. I wouldn’t have to worry. Is what I thought.
I lifted my head and my eyes saw him. Shiro Satoru. But how in the world is he alive. Did Shitsukai use his ability on him?! He had died hadn’t he. It was blurry back then I was shot but he can’t be alive.
-Satoru- «You must be confused… well who wouldn’t be. I feel bad for you so I’ll explain. I was going to be killed by the facility’s hidden weapons when I shot Tohru. But whilst I was getting shit in the lung and stomach. Tohru. Took his own life therefore making me not killing him. I was already shot many times. And I was labeled dead for a long time. That is mostly the reason why I wasn’t there in the central community for you to kill me. And that’s also why I have no ranking and no points. You ruined me. And everything I had. I survived by luck. You killed my entire family Kumiko. But most importantly you’re the reason Tohru died. I’ll rape you, I’ll beat you up and then I’ll kill you after you suffer enough you disgusting piece of shit»
I looked at him in a bit of shock but I shook it off and then looked at him with a condescending look on my face
-Me- «My my. You lose your composure quite easily don’t you Satoru. Please refrain from attacking me. I don’t want to kill you a second time. And even then. Without your family. You’re worthless»
-Satoru- «We shall see about that you filthy piece of ass. Other than you face you have nothing. I’ll make sure you’ll fucking suffer»
With that Shiro Satiru walked away clenching his fists. He seemed to have an ace up his sleeve that he didn’t show. Well it is definitely good for him to not show anything. And even though I could kill him he already is a calamity that I should be aware of. Simply because he seeks to kill me. All my plans are as good as garbage. Before the games started. Mitsuo mentioned in order to kill you still have to challenge someone. Only difference being no one can refuse a challenge from now on. With that the Debacle games had started.
Both me, Shig, Akiko and Ume were together. We decided in order for all of us to gather enough points that we should do everything in our power to avoid Archive and his team for the time being. On a confrontation we should all act as a whole instead of individually. And that’s because Archive isn’t alone. He had 4 people with him and Archive was already a big threat himself. And apart from his we now had Satoru trying to kill us now. This isn’t a situation I’d willingly put myself into if I knew what it was about but I suppose I did enter this facility by choice. It’s a little late to regret things now so I’ll just. Finish what I started.
After the first 2 hours had passed our team had gathered a total of 17 points. I had 3. Shig had 6. Ume had 4 and Akiko had 4 as well. Things didn’t seem to go well. I needed a few more points. And if I kept going that way I wouldn’t win. But I wasn’t worried as I knew that I would find a chance. And I’d be saved. Shiro Satoru. 23 points challenged me. I asked for the three people that were with me to so and keep earning points. And that I’ll be getting an additional 24 points. These 3 left and seemed to doubt my victory a but but still believed in me and went on their way. I stared into the eyes of Satoru. He challenged me in a game of planning, strategy, tactics and everything. Chess. But not any chess. He challenged me I’m 5 Dimensional chess. Such a cimpicated game. Including time and multiple dimensions. I had to beat him in this game. Sad part was his ability. I’m certaujnhe didn’t sue it at all till today and he will use all 3 of his ability’s parts in order to know what will happen. Knowing my plans and intentions on every single move I would make is something that is different from future sight. Seeing the future and understanding what the next move is is something normal in games of chess. But knowing all plans and intentions are incredibly dangerous. And since he knows 99 percent of everything I’m gonna do. It only means he doesn’t know one or two moves I’ll do. And like am equation he can fill the gaps and therefore having his ability predict 100% of my plans. That is. Quite the challenge I have to say.
He and I went towards a place where everyone could see what our moves were. It was around the middle of the central cummonity. Around the pillar. Screens came from the ceiling and we’re showing our match. Most people didn’t even know chess here. So they couldn’t know. And yet they stared in anticipation of what was about to happen.
Archive played the first move. He played the Reverse Cycillian and I responded with E5. Problem was taht I have to be careful about being in check 3 moves ago or even in the future. It’s bothersome. And worst of all he knew everything I was going to do. I cannot think of plans because no matter which plan I chose it would all go to shit. I mustn’t make plans. What should I even do then. Only way to not use plans is to make moves without even thinking about it. And in 5D chess that’s a suicide mission. Even in regular chess. Doing moves without even thinking about them means your definite loss. I was getting worried and thinking of what should I do as my timer kept running. We each had 60 minutes to think. And I’m sure that Satoru doesn’t een need 10 minutes since he doesn’t need to think he already knows all my plans and intentions. And he doesn’t seen like a stupid man. Not only does he know chess well buy in sure that he could potentially pass in 5D chess. He would be able to win even without his ability. How in the world would I beat such an opponent. No matter which way you looked at it he had the complete advantage. No matter which you way you thought of it. Every sort of reasoning led to my defeat. But then. I simply quit thinking. After already encountering him once I know his ability only knows about plans and nothing else. It cannot see the future. Only intention and plannings. So I threw my plans away, my strategies, my intentions and I just played every moves without a thought. Every move I had done wasn’t in order to do something. But simply to push the pieces around like a new person in chess. Satoru laughed seeing he could no longer see any plans he knew I quit trying to make any. He was able to think and I could not. He knew what he was doing and had me cornered. We went on with the game. He played in such an elegant manner that couldn’t even be said to be chess. It was magic at this point. He could see everything I planned. And he was able to foresee what he should do in order to beat me after doing a specific set of moves. When he looked at me as I was in the opposite side of him he saw I had my eyes closed. Every move I made was made by pure instinct and Intuition. No thinking at all. He laughed it off and kept playing the game. He had done a move and was prepared to win. But then. He saw it. Something popped up in his screen. Black pieces had won. I was the Victor. I opened me eyes and looked at him witj a large grin on my face and looked at him as he fell on the ground unable to move from sheer fear and shock.
-Me- «OH you poor thing. You had everything planned for revenge. What were you gonna do again? Rape me? Torture me? Kill me? What were you gonna do you sub-human piece of garbage!» I said with an excited voice. It was cracking whilst I was talking my voice that is. «I’m sorry. This would have worked in must situations but you have to remember. You’re too fucking stupid for me I don’t en have to think for a piece of trash such as yourself»
-Satoru- «S-Shut up you filthy pathetic clown! You’re gonna be killed one day I’m sure you will mark my words you trash! I’m the head of the Shiro family!»
-Me- «And I couldn’t give less of a fuck»
Satoru started to shake and tear up out of anger. Pure anger and frustration. He jumped and went to punch me but his hand was shot 17 times. His hand became so weak the way he punched me was really weak. My cheek filled with his own blood ad he kept getting shot. He screams din agony as more billets went through his body. He was still alive. Even though billets went through his brain and heart he crawled with muscle memory and instinct. I then lifted my foot which I wore a heel thah day. Don’t question it and stepped on his neck decapitating his head and he then died. To make sure Shitsukai wouldn’t revive him. I lit up a match and threw it at his corpse making it ashes only. I now had won 27 points in total. For the time being I’m safe. Then I met up with my teammates. All of them had 20 points apart from Shig who had 25. 5 hours had passed. And in order to be safe in the future we could kill a few more people. Many people will try to kill us now thta we have loads of points. We are a target. But even through that. People stepped back once they saw us walking. In simple words they were. Terrified of us. We killed a few more people with high points and we all tried our best to have similar points. I had 36, Shig had 34. Akiko had 33 and Ume 31. After obtaining so many points we relaxed on the cafeteria of the central community and ate in peace. What was weird is that we couldn’t fnd Archive nor his team anywhere. It was weird and unsettling. But it was a problem for another time. I chatted with the team I had and we got to know a bit more about each other. To be honest I think I could call these three my friends. I get along with them. It was nice with them. I wasn’t alone anymore.

(also everyone please join the discord server for the book. https://discord.gg/d3ZfasVU that's the link. Join away and let's hope to create a community!)