Chapter 23 : The Gods And The One Above Them

Gathering up everybody else wasn’t a hard task. Archive was in Bolivia, Shiro in China, Ume was in Canada, And Shig in the Faroe Islands. With the money I had getting everybody back together was easy. The hard part was trying to search for Aoi and the gods. I thought I knew where he was but when I arrived there all that I could’ve found was a small note. It said «Nuh-uh». Aoi is a little shit. I have to kill this disgusting man-child quickly. But fir the time being I gathered everyone at my mansion. I had bought one because even though I will not in any way use all of the rooms I just wanted to be fancy as hell.
I gave everyone a room and specific tasks. I gave them. Nothing. I asked them to rest. All of them apart from Archive. Because with him I could work together. He is very intelligent so he would make tracking Aoi easier. We were going to start but after Shig asked he was given the role of the hunter. Basically when we had an idea to where a god or Aoi was he would go there.
We gave Kumiko that role as well. And before anything else happened I informed everyone else in a plan I had to defeat Aoi once and for all.
Shig was the one sent first. After a lot of time and money spent we realized that the gods were split up across the globe. Aoi was still nowhere to be found. Asia, Europe, North America, Africa and Oceania. That’s where every god was. A specific location on all of them still hadn’t been found but as me and Archive looked deeper into it by using his ability he managed to find a connection between the clues we bad. Every location that he told me a god was, there was a very historical building. The first location was in Egypt, the great Pyramid of Gyza. How can these historical buildings be connected in any way? Well we had to find out so we sent Shig over there.
Shig traveled by an incredibly fast and expensive private jet I had purchased. He didn’t land anywhere near where people could potentially be as someone seeing someone coming out of there would definitely be risky. Shig was wearing heavy clothing and a nice scarf Ume made for him specifically.
He began walking near the pyramids and then as he kept on walking his leg was severed. He regenerated quickly by focusing on the regenaration of am axolotl. But he uses all his five slots on that quickly and regenerated incredibly fast as he had the regenaration of an axolotl times 100.000. He restored himself really quickly and he turned around and saw a short man. He didn’t have anything on him that could potentially cut him. Shig tried to think and walked towards him in this meadow made of sand.
-Shig- «Who are you»
His opponent didn’t respond.
-Shig- «…I hard gay people are silent sometimes… are you gay?»
His opponent again didn’t respond but he lifted his face in confusion.
-Shig- «It’s okay I’m cool with the gay thing and all that it’s not like I’m homophobic or something. Totally support you dude»
Shig hadn’t realized until it was too late. But a blade of sand went through his throat. He couldn’t regenarate. Because the sand was still there. Shig’s ability didn’t cancel the sand out at all. Maybe sand wasn’t his ability but what was his ability then.
The blade then moved to the right and his throat was cut. He fell down on his knees and grabbed his throat. The truth is he didn’t even have time to use his armor for some reason. Was the person too fast? No that couldn’t be the case. Shig knew of the speed he could move the sand by the way it moved when it left his throat.
Shig begged for a miracle in his head but then stopped. He tried something and then stared at his opponent. Shig began walking towards his opponent. His entire body was opening wounds and he acted like nothing was there. His breathing was also stable. It was like nothing had happened.
-Shig- «You’re like that red-haired chick. I’m sorry but I don’t fall for cheap tricks»
He then punched a hole through the man’s face and once he had died his entire body was in it’s original state.
-Shig- «That definitely wasn’t a god. Well I should just…»
Shig turned around. And what he saw frightened him to the soul. When a beast, an animal and sometimes a human feels fear they think of fighting their way out or defend. But then. Shig’s bead told him one thing and only one. *Run*. As he was standing there. Completely shocked. The five gods and Aoi pulled up on him. They were just standing in front of him. Aoi smoking and the five gods looking at Shig with condescending looks.
-Aoi- «Toma Shig. Your awakening previously was a Calamity that wasn’t supposed to happen. That means that you could be a bug in my system. And you know what we do to bugs?! YES CORREEEEECT! We step on them as the superior species that we are. I’m going to annihilate you from existence»
-Shig- «You… you… Aoi… you… pathetic clown»
-Aoi- «Apologies?»
-Mitsuo- «How dare you say that to our great boss! I’ll have you know!*
-Shig- «Oh shut up. Quite blabbering nonsense. I’m supposed to be the idiot here. I said that you Kawabata Aoi. Is a pathetic clown who can’t even face me by himself. Are you afraid maybe. That I can kill you?»
-Aoi- «OH?» he started laughing maniacally. «WHY YES OF COURSE! YOU CAN CANCEL MY ABILITY IF YOU TOUCH ME YOU SIMPLETON! OH YOU’RE SO FUNNY YESSS. I’d love to see your wounds filled with sand after we leave you to die here»
-Mitsuo- «Yes yes yes! Boss yeahhhhh!!!»
-Akiko- «Mitsuo. Can you do me a favor?»
-Mitsuo- «Yes of course I can what is it?»
-Akiko- «Can you shut the fuck up»
-Mitsuo- «What?!!??»
-Aoi- «Mitsuo please relax and let’s focus on our main goal. The death of this specific calamity»
-Mitsuo- «YES SIR!»
-Shig- «Come at me you disgusting cunts»
Mitsuo landed in front of Shig. Shig’s sword was in his hands.
-Mitsuo- «Toma Shig. If you guess correctly to if I give you your sword back. You won»
-Shig- «Listen here shitbag. You’re gonna give it back to me»
As Shig finished his sentence be started coughing blood.
-Shig- «How the hell…»
-Mitsuo- «My apologies. But your nullification doesn’t work against paradox type abilities. Now answer again. Will I give you your sword back?»
-Shig- «Tch. You will not give it back»
It was then that not only Shig but Mitsuo too. Had their kidney explode.
-Shig- «Shit what the fuck… what the hell was that!»
-Mitsuo- «Well. My ability… is the Crocodile Dillema. Take an example of a crocodile stealing a woman’s child. She begs for him to hand her the baby. The crocodile says hell do it if she guessed correctly on whether or not he will give the child back. If she fails hell keep the baby. If the woman says the crocodile will give it back and is right she will get the baby and if she’s wrong she will not. HOWEVER… if the woman says the crocodile won’t give the child back. And guesses correctly. The crocodile should give the child back correct? Well if that was true then the crocodile would give the child back. And that’s not what the woman guessed. I can do that with all objects. And onse both of us, me or just even you are found liars. The paradox will punish us by damaging our bodies!»
-Shig- «I see… I… didn’t get any of that so I’ll just beat you up!»
-Mitsuo- «Then guess will you-»
Mitsuo didn’t have time to finish his sentence as Shig jumped forward to kick him in the face and kill him. Yet when he attacked. An arm approached and with a finger stopped Shig’s punch.
-Shig- «Who the fuck are you you skinny bitch»
-Asuka- «I am Bando Asuka. My ability is The Unstoppable Force Paradox. Take your fist as an unstoppable force that can go through any shield. And my shield is strong enough with withstand any force on it. Both unstoppable forces. If they meet what will happen? It’s simple really. They would cancel each other out. Your weapons as long as I can place my arm in front of them. They can’t pierce nor harm me!»
-Shig- «An annoying bitch, a traitor, a clown, a noise machine and two other buffoons I have yet to understand. I am not sure how I’m gonna win!» he said sarcastically. «You have the perfect fucking team!»
-Mitsuo- «Stop mocking us you idiot!»
-Akiko- «That’s a shame I’d wished we would get along at some point Shig»
-Shig- «Like we’d ever get along»
When Shig was speaking another voice spoke up.
-Jurou- «You have a very sharp tongue. Let me introduce myself. My name is Kikuchi Jurou. My ability is the lottery paradox»
-Shig- «The what?»
-Jurou- «When you buy a ticket. You’d assume it wouldn’t be the one that wins correct?»
-Shig- «Yeah why?»
-Jurou- «You could say that for the next ticket too right?»
-Shig- «I… I guess?»
-Jurou- «With that in mind. We could assume that the next one also won’t win. And the next one. And the next one. And we can keep going but at the end. We will assume no tickets will succeed. That’s my paradox. Any risk you take. Won’t work very nicely with you. Since your chance of being the one in ten million is... Well one in ten million… but again you won’t succeed based on my ability. You will not succeed. Because I can easily assume that your attack won’t hit»
-Shig- «It ain’t no risk. Breaking your face is a 200% chance of succeeding»
-Jurou- «Wanna test that?»
Shig leaped towards Jurou. But even though the chances of him failing. Were much smaller than one. These chances became 100% as Asuka magically appeared and Shig’s attack failed.
-Shig- «What in the…» he paused. «Those abilities… they’re affecting me directly correct?»
-Asuka- «Correct»
-Shig- «Then I’ll just evolve again»
-Aoi- «What an idiot. You can’t only awaken your ability once»
-Shig- «I’m well aware… but it never hurt no one giving it a shot»
-Mitsuo- «We have had a good laugh until now. So it’s time to shut up!»
Jurou and Mitsuo both used their abilities to take something from Shig. Possibility of failure and the liar. It looked pretty bad for Shig and at the end he had failed. But he still had that object they tried to steal. The scarf. Because then. Shig was doing his best to give the scarf ti then. But Jurou. Had made him fail. Shig jumped towards Jurou to kill him again but the lats god used his paradox and it seemed like Shig wouldn’t get any closer so he fell down.
-Fumio- «My name is Ouchi Fumio. And yes you know the precess blah blah blah it’s The Dichotomy Paradox. Everytime you move towards something I can make that movements to have to travel half the space everytime. So your attack will never reach any of us»
-Shig- «You can fuck off you disgusting abomination»
-Aoi- «I’ve had enough fun. Now kill him»
-Jurou- «Yes sir! Now let’s see how powerful your chances are on your heart not stopping!»
Jurou said and Shig stopped moving. He laughed his ass off but as that happened he saw a fist coming towards his face. Asuka jumped forward and placed her hand in front but the punch. As it landed on her hand. It broke it and pierced her chest and through that punched Jurou in the nose breaking it.
It was then the first time this person had felt fear. Kawabata Aoi. Got frightened.
-Shig- «I told you before and I’ll say it again. I’ll evolve. And you can’t stop a man from trying»
-Aoi- «You killed Asuka…» his facial expression went from a shock to a horrible laughter. The smile on his face was creepy enough to scare off lions. «Good job but now…» his smile left immediately. «You’ve upsetted me. Go die you disgusting moron»
-Shig- «You can try you idiotic fuck»
-Mitsuo- «Toma Shig! I HAVE YOUR BLOOD WILL I RETU-»
Mitsuo’s skull popped open and his brains flew out on the sand.
-Shig- «You can shut up as well noise machine»
-Jurou- «Y-you… y-your chances of living are.. ARE!»
-Shig- «One hundred percent»
Jurou got up and started running but Shug grabbed his sword back and sent a shadow slash on him cutting his head off.
Fumio leaped on Shig and punched him in the face leaving no damage at all as he was protected by his shell. Fumio used his paradox ability to protect himself but he was cut in half in the span of 0.2 seconds. These four gods died at the hands of a mortal in under 10 seconds.
-Aoi- «Murderer of gods… Toma Shig. You’re a nuisance»
-Shig- «Cheers mate»
-Aoi- «So much that I want to wipe that smile off your face so damn much!»
-Shig- «You can sure try you fat bastard»
-Aoi- «Go fuck off»
-Shig- «Nuh-uh»
-Aoi- «Yuh-huh»
-Akiko- «You’re both children»
Akiko was standing there simply and Shig turned to her with his face filled with malice.
-Shig- «Why did you… betray us»
-Akiko- «Well. I am not one to sit on a losers side. Plus Aoi offered me a life of comfort. Unlike idiots like you I don’t have any emotions holding me back»
-Shig- «Then I’m afraid I’ll have to kill you. Because if you don’t have emotions. You never belonged anywhere near us. Now rest»
Akiko went to respond but her body was sliced to twenty different pieces.
-Shig- «You know you’re next right?»
-Aoi- «Next?»
-Shig- «Yes next. After all I did kill all the gods so after them you’re next»
-Aoi- «I’m afraid if you want to tell me I’m next you should take care of them first»
-Shig- «What are you talking about?»
Shig looked around and didn’t find blood anywhere. His sword was as clean as it could ever possibly be. And all the gods were standing up looking at Shig with a smile that looked down at Shig like he was some trash.
-Shig- «That won’t be a problem. I’ll just have to kill them again»
Shig dashed on the gods. And went to punch them. His body felt smaller as he tried to land the punch but Asuka stopped it.
Shig spoke up but his voice was high-pitched. He has turned to himself but when he was four years old.
-Shig- «Is this… what is this…»
Shig was then punches across the face and was sent flying five meters away. He grabbed his face in pain and was confused but he later saw Aoi next to him.
-Aoi- «Well if it isn’t the sweetest child of them all. You know children should he disciplined when they are naughty!»
Aoi kicked Shig with his leg using all of his force breaking four of Shig’s ribs. What was weird though is that Shig’s kidney was fine. He never tried to heal it though.
-Shig- «Your ability… it… it is… such a strong one. It affects the soul and not the body. This… this is why my body didn’t nullify it»
-Aoi- «You’re very smart for your age child. Now let’s see how you’d like to experience what everyone here experienced»
Mitsuo grabbed the sword Shig had dropped and threw a shadow slash on him. Shig felt the primal need to survive deep inside him. The slash landed on him. Mitsuo was laughing but stopped when he saw Shig grown up again. Shig then at that time had surpassed something other than his ability. His soul had evolved. And Aoi’s effect on him. Was reversed.
-Shig- «Kawabata Aoi. You’re a person who can harm the soul. But can your precious ability bring it back?»
-Aoi- «What’s your point?»
Without Aoi noticing a pair of gorilla hands were on his neck. Because of Shig’s body and soul. Aoi couldn’t use his ability and was slowly being choked to death. Aoi was ready to die when he seemed to stab himself with a syringe. A teleportation one. He had escaped because the blood from the syringe hadn’t reached a point where Shig’s hands could reach just yet. The gods weren’t teleported and Shig walked towards Mitsuo. Mitsuo tried to speak again but he was slapped in the face and died.
-Shig- «Shouldn’t have treated a child this badly cunt»
This man. Named Toma Shig. Wasn’t saved by luck there. In no way was it luck. He was saved purely based on his sheer will to live. But every fire no matter how powerfully it burns. Enough water can either weaker or make the fire disappear.
Akiko seemed to be holding a phone at that moment. And she notified the authorities that someone was attacking them. Without having noticed yet Shig was shot through his right lung. He already had broken ribs.
-Police officer- «Place your hands where I can see them!»
Shig sighed turned to the rest of the gods but they had escaped. He grabbed Mitsuo’s corpse to make sure Aoi wouldn’t revive it. And as Shug was almost shot. He appeared in the mansion with the corpse. Archive had found out he was injured and brought him here.
-Archive- «Shig oh damn you’re okay. Injured but you’re okay oh wow thank God you’re ok-»
-Shig- «My ribs have pierced my heart… and I don’t have much time…»
-Archive- «N-Nonsense! I can heal you with my power!»
-Shig- «No ability no matter it’s power works on me anymore… and even I can’t heal. Because I can only regenarate. But currently my heart is still pierced by the bone and I… am afraid the ribs also shattered to too small pieces. So that I’d grab them by myself…»
-Me- «Shig you… you’re not dying dumbass we have doctors here! Everyone hurry to our patient!»
A bunch of doctors grabbed Shig as he passed out and because I had made this place to have a medical wing since I predicted something like that would happen they brought him there. We all waited for hours. Until the doctors left the room.
-Doctor 1- «He’s… gonna live but I don’t see him waking up any soon ma’am…»
-Me- «How long…»
-Doctor 2- «Maybe never…»
They explained that his body still had super small bone parts in his arteries and everywhere in his body. We couldn’t do anything about that. As we were in dispair Archive walked inside. We heard a man coughing and entered fast. Archive had used his second merit from the three that he has. Shig was fine but sleeping now. He now only had to rest. All of us hugged Archive and then let him rest too. But before that Archive turned to us.
-Archive- «Everyone… I’m sorry but after looking at it I knew he’d die… so I had to save him no matter the cost… so I had to sacrifice it. Shig is no longer a werebeast… he does not have an ability anymore…»
-Me- «He doesn’t have an ability…»
-Archive- «Sadly yes. My ability doesn’t give me whatever I want and it has to take away something important in order for it to work. Especially when I use a merit point. And most of the times when I use it on someone their ability gets destroyed… I’m sorry…»
-Me- «No Archive don’t apologise. You just saved him. You did what you should have. I’m gonna go and sit next to him now alright?»
-Archive- «Yeah go ahead…»
I entered the medical wing where Shig was resting on a hospital gown. He had already woken up. Seems like he’s a beast even without everything.
-Shig- «… Kumiko… I found the secret to his ability…»
-Me- «What?? What is it you have to tell us!»
-Shig- «It only works if his target is in his field of vision and can recognise what it is but. He can make time go backwards on that. Or he could just use the space of 50 meters to take a whole space back in time»
-Me- «He can… control time?»
Shig tried to say something more but fell asleep.
Was that true? Do we really have to fight… a man who can… manipulate time itself?