Chapter 18 : The Midgame Part 6

We were all in the dorm after the first day of the Debacle races had happened. It is when I wondered on why was Hagatsuma-San alive. Wasn’t Aoi’s plan to kill her. Her death would trigger Archive to want and strive forward to kill him so why would he want Archive and himself to meet if Archive wanted to kill him. And why would he have made that offer before. With all these things that Aoi did if we see at the results we will see that Archive was the only oen killed from the people that are against him. Was his goal to kill Archive from the very beginning? The question although still remains. Why would he let Hagatsuma Kumiko to be brought back to life. She could he a threat and considering how smart and cunning Aoi is. It is certain that he has something to gain from Hagatsuma Kumiko being alive. Of course if he wanted her to challenge me he could have said to her the same thing he told Archive that made him want to kill me. If he hasn’t done that then there must be anither reason as to why he would prefer her staying alive. I think I could’ve learned what that was if I kept Archive alive a little longer but that was risky and I could’ve died. Right now all the information I have is to be careful of Hagatsuma-San. Even more considering that Aoi had probably anticipated this as well. I kept thinking whilst seating on a chair at a large table they had in the living room of the dorm. As I was getting lost in my thoughts Isobe Tamotsu. One of the top ten sat in front of me. He was ranked 7th right below Umemoto-San.
-Tamotsu- «Kobashigawa Kumiko is your name right?»
-Me- «Why yes it is. Why?»
-Tamotsu- «Yeah I had missed that fight of Archive and you and I’m bored to ask people. I just remembered Archive explaining you so I went to you. I’m still surprised on what you did. Although I’m sure he’s still alive… I’m certain… yeah in sure…»
-Me- «You’ve got quite the hopes. I did see him die in front of me but I can’t be the one to say you are wrong. There are many blessed out there with a regeneration ability or maybe even healing ability like Shitsukai. But if Archive has lived he must’ve done it by himself since Aoi has no reason to save him as if right now and probably will never need him. All of this was after all just a way to get rid of Archive. Partially at least so I am not sure if I’m just admiring you or just pity you a bit. I won’t deny the opportunity but I’m saying. I just believe Archive’s luck has run out»
-Tamotsu- «I see… well you must be right. You’re the one who killed him after all…» he said clenching his fist over the table «You’re the reason he’s dead…»
-Me- «If I may ask what sort of connection did you have with him. Did you perhaps know him from old times?»
-Tamotsu- «Well no not really. But to be honest with you I was in a state of darkness after entering the top 10. He was the light, the star that shined brightly across my void. I looked at him like a mentor. Therefore I can’t accept his death like that. I apologise. I just feel a large sort of resentment towards you at this moment»
-Me- «Well of course you do. I am the reason your beloved mentor is dead after all aren’t I? Not like my death will do anything but bring more darkness to your heart. I am certain that sometimes revenge is sweet and maybe is the correct answer for some people. But definitely not yourself. You’re too soft. It honestly bothers me quite a lot»
-Tamotsu- «Who do you think you even are to talk down to me in such a manner?! I’m tougher than you I’m certain! I’m sure! I am correct!»
-Me- «And I couldn’t give less of a fuck» I leaned backwards in my seat. «I don’t know what you expect my reaction to be after you came up to me and actually admitted you resent me. But I am not some idiot. I dislike people like yourself. You’re true to yourself in the words but not in the actions. You went to me seeking some sort of explanation because you refuse to think for yourself. Don’t bother me if your reasons are only to tell me you resent me»
He seemed mad at first. Furious even. He was ready to throw a tantrum like a child when he suddenly calmed himself down.
-Tamotsu- «You’re… you’re right. My apologies my uhm… personal feelings got in the way. Actually I hoped to ask that I could maybe assist you in a certain thing»
-Me- «I doubt I need assistance with something but go away and speak»
-Tamotsu- «Well the reason I came to talk to you wasn’t to tell you something like I resent you but on the contrary I want to help you kill Aoi. He’s the main reason my mentor died. Not you. So I want to kill him. Please allow me to»
-Me- «Very well then. You may go ahead and help me in the near future. I’ll be leaving now actually so you can go ahead and stay or do anything else you’d please to do»
-Tamotsu- «Yes I uh. I will»
I shook his hand and walked outside. I arrived at the central community and ordered food. I sat on one of the tables and heard a beep from one of the phones we all have. They gave us these very recently and they were for announcements. Since Archive had died someone replaced him, and Hagatsuma-San is also in the top nine spot from now on since she had died but because of her past and what she had accomplished from back then as the serpent kept her. The name I saw brought me back in the start of this whole place. The current ranking was :
1. Kobashigawa Kumiko
2. Toma Shig
3. Nishimoto Akiko
4. Isobe Tamotsu
5. Umemoto Ume
6. Jochim Schröder
7. Muraoka Kiku
8. Aki Ryuu
9. Hagatsuma Kumiko
10. Shiro Shiro
Shiro… Shiro?! I had heard that the Shiro family had him assassinated. Wait hold on. Let’s consider the possibilities. I remember doing some research on how he was dead. It was said that his body wasn’t found but I did use Akiko-San’s ability and learned that a member of the Shiro family had shot him. From what I remember there was clearly blood. Or at least something similar to blood. I got it! He must’ve used his ability to switch the bullet with something that would pop and spread something similar to blood. That’s great I’m just glad he’s alive.
I remained on the table and saw that Shiro had sat in front of me. The look in his eyes was… dead. He looked depressed.
-Me- «Oh Shiro I’m so sorry I…»
Then…
-Shiro- «Just kidding! Haha I geuss you didn’t try to see through me this tune. I guess you aren’t so careful with people who aren’t your enemies!»
-Me- «Are you an idiot! What’s wrong with you really…» I paused for a second. «I’ll be honest though I’m glad you’re alive. I admit I did cry a bit…»
-Shiro- «Well don’t worry it’s fine! And from what I see you’re just as beautiful as ever Kumiko-Chan!»
-Me- «You still haven’t changed have you. You’re a real pain in the ass sometimes you know. And actually now that you’re here I want to make sure of some stuff»
-Shiro- «Sure what is it»
-Me- «Well I would assume you’re no longer under my command since you were considered dead for days correct?»
-Shiro- «Well yeah actually»
-Me- «I see. And if you don’t mind me asking. How did you get up in the top 10?»
-Shiro- «Oh well you see instead of targeting people like you this time I targeted stupid people and beat then with my ability»
-Me- «I see I see»
-Shiro- «And uh don’t worry I won’t stay in the top ten for long. I was marked»
-Me- «Marked?»
-Shiro- «Yes marked. By the 2nd archangel. Shitsukai is the 6th. In total there are 6 archangels, 5 gods and Aoi. I learned about these stuff from pure luck. But I was quickly found and he decided to let me suffer before I die.. . I’m gonna die in… 6 days Kumiko… I don’t wanna die. I know you’re really smart so please save me…»
-Me- «You’re a huge pain in the ass you know that? Buuuut I guess… you’re pretty useful now that you have all this information…» I giggled. «I’m kidding don’t worry. Of course I’ll help ya even without the information. Let’s kill the 2nd»
-Shiro- «Thank you Kumiko-Chan… thank you. Bad the sad part is that if we go and encounter them we will… probably be faces by all six of them...»
-Me- «Well I wouldn’t worry. I know enough people. Plus all of them are done with the races. All of us have fought our singular match. So we will be sure to kill and bust some fallen angels heads open»
Shiro cried as he kept thanking me. Having him with us gives us a clue on where to go. We could have found then by ourselves but this makes the process faster. The death of the Archangels that is.