Chapter 14.5 : The Midgame Part 2

Archive was standing before the corpse of his own dismembered opponent. He saw me enter the room afterwards. I had blood on my shirt and legs so it wasn't the best of images.

-Archive- «How many?»

-Me- «27 came and tried to kill me. What about you»

-Archive- «34. It's only been a day and many others have already attacked us. Now follow me. I expect I do not need to provide information»

-Me- «You do not. Most of these opponents are fairly weak. Us splitting up was a faster way of getting rid of them. But I don't think that continuing like this will be of any help»

-Archive- «It would not. Considering the gap of strength between us and everyone else here. Most of Aoi's men are mere ants»

-Me- «Yes. And Aoi is obviously not an idiot. He would know that trying to kill us with such means would fail at killing us»

-Archive- «If we think about this the most likely possibility is that he wishes to stall us. I suppose he needs time for something. It might be connected to hsi ability»

-Me- «If his ability takes time to activate there is a very high chance that it is a very powerful ability. Consider your Schrödinger's cat or Hagatsuma-Sans serpent. Both of these ability can be activated in moments without needing time. And I've been in this facility long enough to see that no abilities take time to activate. Simply considering Aoi needs time is pretty odd by itself. We could either assume Aoi's ability is either an exception among exceptions or it could be the strongest one we will ever lay our eyes upon. That is if we survive»

-Archive- «True. I suppose this conversation lasted logn enough... let's go now. The archangel of one of the gods is waiting for us. Oh I forgot. You mentioned you want one of the top 10. Go ahead and take whoever you want»

I nodded and we made our way into a room in the facility hidden from most faces. Unless that person was I or Archive no one would know of this place. The person I chose to bring was Toma Shig. I had a gut feeling our opponent would be trying to kill us using some sort of martial arts or a combat based ability. So I brought this facility's greatest weapon. The Werebeast, Toma Shig. I trust my intuition and I'm never wrong about stuff most of the times. But sometimes I dislike even the best of ideas or the better choice. Because it usually involves having to go through something that can be really bothersome. Toma Shig was the perfect example since he was quite the dumbass. I never thought a person this dumb could exist. I remember him asking me why chickens can't fly if they have wings. Stuff I thought were common knowledge. But it wasn't as bad. It was bearable. To a point. When you're really smart you start to despise it when people around you aren't as intelligent. But atone point you have to realize that you can't do anything about it.

After around a few minutes of walking we arrived at a huge gate. You could tell how much Aoi wanted to play. The gate said the following : 'Challenge 1/10. Try and pass!'. I looked at it with a bit of a bothered face but not mic else. I turned to look at Archive and he was fuming. The way Aoi sends his messages is mocking bit I don't think that's what bothered him. He probably remembered the note he left on the body of Hagatsuma-San. I felt sympathy for him but we had to keep going so I stepped through the door first. Archive and Shig followed and when we entered the room we noticed it was a circular room and the walls themselves looked like they were designed by ancient architecture. It was exactly like a place where a god or demi-god would live in in ancient mythology. In the cehtee of the room there was a man sitting on a throne. He looked at us and grinned heavily as he said his name. Shitsukai he said was his name.

-Shitsukai- «Hello my friends. I am the archangel of my own god. I am the Archangel of Death. Pleasure to meet you» he paused as he looked down before lifting his head and arms high in the air. «Now let's see. My beautiful birds will stand up and show you true pleasure» he spoke as he opened some coffins and the people inside them started moving. Something felt different though. These people were already dead. I could spot a few people. One of them was Kiyomi, another was Shiro Tohru, another was someone I could nto recognise at first but I think he used to be the top 2 before he was killed. And then the 4th person coming out of her coffin was the person who killed them and took their place. Hagatsuma Kumiko.