Chapter 27.5 : I Won't Be Late Again

-Mitsuo- «So you’re going to be my opponent huh? Shiro»
-Shiro- «Hell yeah I will. Got a problem with that?»
-Mitsuo- «Not at all. In fact. I’m pleased that I only have to kill a weakling such as yourself. You don’t even have a counter for my ability you disgusting moron!»
-Shiro- «And you don’t have Aoi to heal you. You piece of ass»
-Mitsuo- «You’ll regret your words»
Shiro swiftly grabbed a gun he had with him and shot Mitsuo.
Mitsuo was shot and he grabbed his wound on his stomach as he lifted his head.
-Mitsuo- «Can you guess? If you guess correctly you’ll survive. Will you just... drop dead out of nowhere?»
-Shiro- «You’re planning to end this fight short. But I believe I don’t have to answer this»
-Mitsuo- «What?»
-Shiro- «I assumed your ability is like Archive’s. Since they are both paradox based. You can’t directly affect others unless they allow the ability to reach them by accepting it»
-Mitsuo- «You’re a smart one aren’t ya?»
-Shiro- «Shut up you pathetic old man» he targeted his gun on Mitsuo’s forehead. «Any last words?»
-Mitsuo- «… will that bullet not kill me if it goes through my skull? Guess correctly and you’ll have no injuries»
-Shiro- «Go to hell» Shiro shit Mitsuo between the eyes. He started walking towards the halls to go and find Aoi but then the arm which he used the gun from. Was blown up from the inside.
-Shiro- «What the hell?!»
-Mitsuo- «You’re really stupid aren’t you… thou has accepted my request. Not with words but with actions! When someone asks you if you want water and they give you their glass or cup they directly say he’s agreeing! So you can kill yourself pathetic bastard!»
Mitsuo grabbed a small revolver he has on him and shot Shiro. He aimed for the head but the bullet changed to the cotton he had brought.
Shiro was about to shoot but then.
-Mitsuo- «Guess if that bullet is going to not kill or injure me if it goes through my body! Guess correctly and you’ll survive!»
-Shiro- «Are you damn serious you’re fucking annoying!»
-Mitsuo- «You can go ahead and die… shoot me and we will both suffer damage. I still have a bit of brain damage from being shot»
-Shiro- «… you’re right»
-Mitsuo- «Exactly kiddo» Mitsuo shit Shiro a couple mroe times but the bullets switched to cotton.
-Mitsuo- «We can do this all day» he walked near Shiro. «Shoot. Me. I dare you»
-Shiro- «You’re an idiot»
-Mitsuo- «What?»
Mitsuo saw that the gun was at the almost ruined arm barely held on. As Shiro’s left arm was holding a hunter’s knife that went in his stomach and almost went higher but Mitsuo jumped backwards.
-Mitsuo- «You… you!»
-Shiro- «You call yourself a god and yet… you can’t even kill me? You’ve even died twice. I feel sad for you»
-Mitsuo- «You people are ones to talk… you disabled all the weapons we had ready in this place… who even did that»
-Shiro- «Simply the smartest human in existence. And the girl I love»
-Mitsuo- «… the girl you what?»
Shiro kicked him.
-Shiro- «We are not going to talk about it»
-Mitsuo- «Alright fucking damn it!» he coughed blood and was bleeding a whole lot. He hadn’t used his ability correctly. He was dying. Slowly but surely.
-Shiro- «I won’t allow you to say anything else» he took the knife out and sliced Mitsuo’s throat.
-Shiro- «I’m truly glad that bullet hit you before in the head. Otherwise you would still be able to talk…»
Shiro stared at his corpse for a while before turning and almost leaving.
-Mitsuo- «Did you really… think… paradox abilities cannot evolve… you dipshit»
-Shiro- «What the fuck?!»
-Mitsuo- «My ability… no longer needs my voice to activate so try to predict what will happen to your body»
Shiro’s throat had a somehow deep scratch. Exactly as deep as Mitsuo. No different even by a millimeter.
-Mitsuo- «You can’t kill me… my devotion to lord Aoi is larger than yours to your little girlfriend…»
-Shiro- «I’m sorry…»
-Mitsuo- «What are you apologizing for?»
-Shiro- «No I’m… apologising to her…»
-Mitsuo- «You disgust me»
Shiro took off his shirt and he had multiple bombs and wires strapped onto himself.
-Mitsuo- «What are you doing are you crazy?! You’re going to kill both of us!»
-Shiro- «Don’t worry I’m just comparing that devotion of yours»
-Mitsuo- «Don’t you dare do it! My boss can offer you anything!»
-Shiro- «IVE GOT ALL I EVER WABTED YOU NARCISSISTIC FUCK! LET’S GO. BOOM!»
The bomb in Shiro’s chest. Was C4. Including multiple other bombs. It covered a great distance. And Shiro had died.
Mitsuo had survived the explosion as he had used his ability as a way out of this situation.
-Mitsuo- «Haha… HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I WON. WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!»
Shig entered the room filled with blood.
-Mitsuo- «OH mate hello! How was Ume?»
Shig went near Mitsuo and with a quick movement he blew Mitsuo’s head into chunks. He then turned to the blood and parts of Shiro that were everywhere.
-Shig- «I see… you acted a mere step ahead of me. I won’t be late again…»