Chapter 7.5 : A Friend

I then woke up still in that room with the other girls. They where all sleeping in the room that belonged to Kiyomi. Only thing that confused me when I woke up is that Kiyomi wasn’t there. I stood up and went outside her room and Kiyomi was seating on the couch eating instant ramen. «Kiyomi. Why are you up so early?», she turned to me and said «Well since I’m gonna be in this place for a while I might as well enjoy since I could die every day. You know? Plus I couldn’t get much sleep. I have been anxious for a while with all those games and bets of that Aoi person so I end up being unable to sleep.». «I understand» I responded. After a little while she gave me a letter. «That was delivered to you specifically Kobashigawa Kumiko.» I opened the letter and read it. Shiro Shiro had been brutally murdered by a dude named Archive Vinogradov. I tightened the grip on my hand and then putting the paper on my pocket. Kiyomi asked me «Hey Kumiko… what’s… what’s on your mind?». I turned to her and spoke. «Not to worry Kiyomi. I simply got a but upset… the letter wasn’t a pleasant one you see… you know… this Archive Vinogradov killed a friend of mine… so right now I don’t know what to do».
-Kiyomi- «Archive… Vinogradov you said? I don’t know much about him. Only the fact that he is a danger to be wary of. If I can help you a little bit. His ability is called Schrödinger’s cat».
-Me- «Schrödinger’s cat you said? You mean his ability is somehow connected to possibility?».
-Kiyomi- «I do not know I simply heard the rumors about him. Although I also heard he is lazy as hell so I am not as worried but still I wouldn’t wanna be challenged by a man like him». As Kiyomi was speaking I remembered Hagatsuma-San’s received letter. It talked about a man Archive Vinogradov. Are these two people together or something? Shit what am I a teenage girl, making these sort of thoughts… huh… irony… but in all honesty they probably work together. It would make sense for these two to join forces since they are both quite known and formidable opponents.
-Kiyomi- «Hey you alright you were spacing out lots?»
-Me- «Oh I’m sorry I was just thinking of something…»
-Kiyomi- «Heheh, you’re weird you know that?»
-Me- «Yeah haha… this uhm break from bets and competitions is sure taking a while»
-Kiyomi- «It’s barely been a day Kumiko. Are you alright? Do you need to rest maybe?»
-Me- «No… I’m… I’m fine, I’m gonna go get a bath…»
-Kiyomi- «I’ll join ya! It’ll be a fun way for us to bond won’t it? Plus I wanna help you with your stress!»
-Me- «Oh uhm it’s not necessary but if you want to sure it’s fine…»
Kiyomi got up after finishing her food and came to join me in the bath and sat next to me. She saw I was still stressed so she got out and massaged my shoulders. It was a very relaxing one. I suppose I’m not alone in this. I have friends I guess. I don’t know her long but she’s easygoing and quite fun to be around. I took the courage to tell her everything that happened. She sat next to me and said in a sweet and comforting voice «Kumiko. I’ll… probably regret saying this but I’ll kill Archive with you». My eyes widened and I was happy as I hugged her. A tear ran down my cheek as now I wasn’t alone. We will kill you. Archive Vinogradov.

(A small announcement from me. I will soon be starting an Instagram account for this book and I will post character designs there. I apologise if some chapters are small. Like 2.5 or 3.5 or even this one. This is done because I either don't have enough motivation to write or because what I wrote wasn't large enough. Have fun)