Chapter 20 : The Serpent And The Werebeast

Hagatsuma Kumiko was in front of the person opposing her.
-Kumiko H- «Can you move aside I wanna pass you shitty bitch»
-Hannah- «My name is Hannah my dear. Now come on don’t call me that I prefer compliments. Don’t lie to yourself just tell me good stu-»
-Kumiko H- «Shut up already you’re damn annoying»
-Hannah- «Hey!»
-Kumiko H- «It’s like I’m talking to a damn five year old. Now move aside and I’ll forget how you tried to kill me with that knife» she said tossing the knife on the ground.
-Hannah- «Well I’m sorry but I cannot do that. I have orders to kill you»
-Kumiko H- «Well that’s even better. I no longe have to worry about holding back»
-Hannah- «BRING IT ON THEN ASSHOLE!!» Hannah said with a smile.
Hagatsuma Kumiko has pierced her hand and blood leaked out. Kumiko jumped forward to punch Hannah, Hannah caught the punch with an arm. Kumiko smiled at this and Hannah had an idea so she cut off her palm.
Hannah jumped backwards and her hand spewing blood outside.
-Kumiko H- «You made it in time. Well since you know already it won’t harm me to say so. My blood is infused with poison which I’m immune to. You have 2 seconds before my poison spreads. If you’re late you’ll die. A mere to9cu of a drop is enough»
Then the palm of the girl Hannah on the ground started to rot away until all that was left was a seemingly mummified piece of rotten flesh.
As Kumiko thought she had won. Hannah’s hand grew back.
Her ability. Regeneration allowed her to grow bakc body parts as long as they were not any vital organs cut off.
-Hannah- «This is not enough you piece of shit snake!!»
-Kumiko H- «Obviously not! You’re still standing you disgusting asshole!»
Hannah threw 7 knives and Kumiko dodged 6 of them but one hit her in the gut. Hannah smiled as she saw Kumiko getting stabbed but the one having that last laugh wasn’t her. Kumiko toon the knife out and blood spewed all over the area. And it touched all of Hannah’s body. Hannah saw a light. But her mere will to live turned her gaze upon the poison. Hannah. Used her regeneration ability in a more reversed way. And then her entire front of the body was blown off and was shot on Kumiko. All you could see of Hannah was her skeleton and internal organs. As she regenerated. Kumiko grabbed that now rotten body and threw it on the side. Hannah ripped her already torn off clothing and tied them around her covering up her body she was now more exposed to the poison. It was then where she took out a bow and arrow. Kumiko laughed and went filled with her own blood on her as the arrow had a strange aura to it. It pierced Kumiko’s shoulder? No. It blew it away. Like something powerful traveling with the arrow. The bow itself didn’t seem like a bow as it shot it’s projectiles. It seemed more like a weaker version of a cannon.
Kumiko’s shoulder made blood go everywhere but she wasn’t near Hannah after she had distanced herself from Kumiko.
-Hannah- «I’m certain you’re confused about the bow… might as well. Boss and the gods have found a way to turn a deceased blessed person’s corpse into a weapon. These weapons can recreate whatever the blessed was able to do in their past life. Double the power»
-Kumiko H- «I see… I see I see… so you’re that worthless you need to use weapons to kill me huh? You’re truly pathetic. You disgust me weakling»
-Hannah- «Don’t you… GET OVERCONFIDENT YOU SON OF A BITCH»
She shot another arrow. Kumiko dodged in time and the arrow traveled to the wall making a very noticeable damage on a 50cm thick iron wall.
Kumiko was worried for the first time in her life. And instead of what everyone else would have done she instead. Smiled. She was the devil’s snake.
Kumiko leaped towards Hannah and as Hannah shot another arrow. Something weird and new had happened. Kumiko’s body grew the scales of a snake. The scales themselves were filled with the crimson colour of blood. Her entire body. Was now poisonous with blood. She grew fangs and her eyes became piercing. Her fingers became claws and she has a large tail. If was at that day that the Serpent of the devil had awakened. The arrow as it went towards Kumiko at a speed rivaling the speed of sound she dodged it like it was nothing. Then with one swift swing. Hagatsuma Kumiko went for the head. And the moment her claw went to touch her an invisible hand appeared from Hannah, grabbed the hand and threw Kumiko. It was like the hand grew out of the skull of Hannah.
-Hannah- «You disgust me… I can never reach this state that you blessed people call an awakening. I’m cursed… I hate you and everyone else. I thought we were the same Kumiko. I thought that maybe… maybe you would understand me»
-Kumiko H- «Well you see I never really gave a shit about an awakening. I never craved for anything like that. And that is because I’m not some idiot like yourself. Now mind explain why I was thrown away from your ugly ass face?!»
-Hannah- «You see remember how I told you that you can create an object by having the corpse of a blessed one? How do you think I managed to deal with the awakened idiots like you. I made my entire body filled with love! My bones, my clothing, my fucking everything. Even my goddamn kidneys. I’ve been given organs that were made by corpses of ability users. I’ve modified my body to be perfect! I can shoot cannon balls! I can regenerate! I’m protected by a human body! My skin as strong as steel but you went right fucking through it! I can even do this you idiotic piece of ass»
Hannah raised another arrow in the air and it was being hugged by a beautiful blue flame. The moment the arrow was shit only one thought went to Kumiko’s mind. This attack. Can’t and will not. Be dodged. The arrow traveling faster than an airplane struck Kumiko’s chest. Well not quite. She had stopped most of the force with her hands. The speed the arrow flew in was leagues faster than Kumiko would ever be able to react. The only reason Hagatsuma Kumiko survived this hit was one. Luck. Yet even then she had a very small hole done to her chest, her heart having been protected. But her whole body started being on fire. It spread from her chest and hands to her whole body as she kept burning up. Kumiko before the flames managed to cause permanent damage used a tool given to her by Kobashigawa Kumiko. It was a mere fire extinguisher. Small in size but had enough to put out a small fire. She pointed it at herself and the fire went off. Kumiko had almost nothing. She survived out of luck and the help of someone else. These thoughts smothered the mind of Hagatsuma Kumiko driving her to near insanity. She couldn’t win by her own power and that made her want to cry. She was on the floor half dead, her clothes being a little burned up. She was beaten up. She was close to giving up, she felt at peace for a moment. Her eyes witnessed the gates of heaven. But a hand pushes her down. «Your time hasn’t come yet» the unknown person said. Kumiko them after a long pause as she was laying on the ground. Laughed at her own pathetic state. She got up again. And looked at Hannah.
-Kumiko H- «Yeah I’m sorry dear I… am too fucking good to die just yet»
-Hannah- «I call bullshit you disgusting abomination»
-Kumiko H- «Watch your tongue little shit. I’ll grab it and rip it off»
Before Hannah managed to say another word. Kumiko jumped ahead and she filled every inch if her body wuth poison. All I’ll inetniin from her had left and she grabbed Hannah. Hannah didn’t have any time to react to any of this. As mroe poison spurted out of Kumiko’s body she grabbed Hannah and danced with her. The dance reminded if the devil. Every step Kumiko made, one scream of horror flew out of Hannah’s mouth. Hannah couldn’t regenatete not blow parts off her body. That’s was because she was being held with such strength she couldn’t escape. She slowly died. Suffering at her last moment. And after 5 minutes Hagatsuma Kumiko stopped dancing with the body of a forgotten angel. Hagatsuma Kumiko undid the transformation and fell down to rest before she could continue forward.

In another room Toma Shig was hanging around the area. He went towards the exit and stopped in his tracks as a blade appeared in front of him.
-Shig- «Hey. Mister. Please go away. Right now I want to go through uh the door? Yeha I’m nto sure I think I have to go through the door»
-Kazuo- «My name is Fujii Kazuo. I’m a descendant of a family of Samurai. I am here to take yo-. HEY ARE YOU LISTENING?!
-Shig- «Uh what? Oh I’m sorry I spaced out»
-Kazuo- «YOU’RE NOT COOL WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS. BE COOL BE COOL LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD I A NINJA I’M A SAMURAI DAMN IT!»
-Shig- «And uhhhh uhhh… I’m I’m a person? I think I’m cool though…»
-Kazuo- «Doesn’t matter I’ll end up killing you anyways. Prepare to die!»
-Shig- «No»
-Kazuo- «JUST SHUT UP!»
Kazuo leaped towards Shig with his blade in the air. The blade made contact with Shig’s neck and the blade barely scratched it. On it was created an exoskeleton of a beetle. Much thicker and 10 times harder than a normal beetles. It was also infused with the exoskeleton of 3 other animals as well. An armor far stronger than any walls in thsu facility was made by nature on Shig. In only 0.01 seconds. In one moment. Shig had also added eyes of a squirrel to his eyes. He saw everything in slow motion. Shig can also modify his brain just so it can obtain certain features of animals.
-Kazuo- «Tch. WHY IS YOUR SKIN SO GODDAMN TOUGH YOU IDIOT. STOP BEING SUCH A LAZY BUN AND ATTACK ME!»
-Shig- «Would you shut up you’re annoying»
And before Kazuo reacted. A punch to his face came and cracked his jaw as he flew to the door. Shig looked at him as his hand was transformed into one of a Silverback Gorilla.
Kazuo was in a state of shock he never felt such humility before. Unlike most people he already had awakened his ability and he was certain Shig hadn’t.
Kazuo lifted his sword and before him a large wave rised from thin air and came down crashing on Shig. He couldn’t dodge and Kazuo was laughing. Then Shig came out of the waves. He had fins and his skin looked like a fish. His body became hard enough to withstand the wave on top of that. That’s was exactly how he looked like. A man covered in fins, with beetle armor. The effects wore off and then Shig went right in the face of the man. What the man was surprised off was how his hair was dyed apparently. Hsi hair wasn’t a blonde colour it was a very very very bright white colour. Toma Shig, the werebeast. Went to smack him and he was flung to the wall. The Katana had fallen to the ground and Shig grabbed it.
-Shig- «This one looks like quite the nice weapon. This blade can create shadows and make you move stealthy without a noise. That would’ve helped you normally but. My ears can hear your heartbeat. Now I’m gonna keep this blade. Let me give it a try»
Shig lifted his blade and slashed the air. He had sent a cut in the air towards Kazuo, a dark slash. It went ahead and cut off the man’s arm.
-Shig- «Neat. I’m gonna keep it»
Kazuo couldn’t even speak. He was in utter dispair. Not once in his life he had ever lost. Not once has he been in such an awful moment. He had awakened his ability at the age of 5. He hated this. This mere dumbass surpassed him in literal seconds. He was disgusted that the ability in his body surpassed awakening. And ate his body alive. He became water itself. A being purely made out of this transparent liquid. An arm extended on Shig and he cut it with ease. He tried tk move but he started coughing blood. Not only that. His face became red and his eyes as well. He was crying blood and his nose was like a river. The hand for the few seconds that was connected to Kazuo. As it was inside Shig. It made his blood vessels. Blow up. He face would become full of bruises including the rest of his body. 30% of the blood vessels all over his body had popped. And that as because Shig was too careless of the situation. Shig also noticed that the more water he had inside himself the mroe it was bad for him so he took a risk. He transformed most of his body into one of a Kangaroo rat’s. He didn’t take any of the bad features no! He toon that form and took out every last part of water inside out. Then he removed the blood after making his own body more like a Jellyfish. He gave himself the eats of a bat. The strength of a Gorilla, the sheer hunting power of a polar bear and speed of a jaguar. Armor of beetle and fins. After that he made sure to quit breathing when he modified a part of his body to be like the Henneguya salminicola, a parasite that infects salmon meat and doesn’t breathe. He was currently the perfect being. And normally it wouldn’t be possible for Shig. Although the beat inside him had awakened. He can no longer be called a werebeast. Cerberus fits this monstrosity best.
After all of those transformations his body was in a case of chaos. His horrific look started to look different on the outside. He seemed exactly like himself. He just seemed a bit more pale. His fingers more elegant and his body a lot more muscular. A V-taper to be exact. His shirt was now gone and that was now a permanent form in this demon.
-Kazuo- «HA… hahaha hahaha! What the hell was that?! Was this all just to lose it?! You don’t have any of what any of these animals gave you! I can hear your breathing and your heart pumping! Hahahahahahahaha!»
-Shig- «Then come at me you fat bastard»
Kazuo laughed again and jumped at Shig. Yes everything he spent so much pain and time to obtain eventually disappeared. And yet he was so sure of himself. The reason why was seen when for some reason Kazuo couldn’t enter Shig’s body. And when Shig punched him in the face and breaking it. His body. Could now ignore all immunities and all abilities as logn as he touches then. His hand became that same gorilla hand as before and Kazuo had perished in just a few punches. Shig relaxed and sat on the ground after having so much internal bleeding. He used his ability to heal himslelf, there he realized he had lost the ability to use more than three animals at a time. But Shig didn’t care and just kept wanting to go with everyone else. So he he simply remained in that same place and waited.