Chapter 28 : The Abyss In Someone's Eyes

Shig was standing still in front of the two corpses in front of him. He turned around to leave and start approaching Aoi in order to kill him. When suddenly legs gave out on him and he fell on the ground. He protected his face by placing his hand in front of it to survive the fall. He turned to look behind him and he couldn’t believe his own eyes. Mitsuo was standing up. His face wasn’t even scratched. But that wasn’t the biggest surprise. It was the fact that Mitsuo had absolutely zero injuries on his entire body.
-Shig- «You… how…»
-Mitsuo- «You still haven’t realized… all this time. You were a mere tool to simply take out Ume. Her illusions could’ve been a problem with boss. Lord Aoi has predicted your betrayal and the fact that you’d come to me. So he gave me a bit if his blood and this artificial blessing. Just so that I could make myself healed by making my body go back in time and take your ability away by taking your body a year backwards. When you were in that prison cell. Before Aoi had even healed you»
-Shig- «This… this is crazy! You can’t do that to me! I’ve helped you a whole damn lot you disgusting moron!»
-Mitsuo- «Lord Aoi will thrive after achieving godhood. Hell become one with the ancient power and destroy the fabric that holds this pathetic world. And calamities such as yourself will suffer»
-Shig- «That’s funny. But I don’t believe that this will be the case»
-Mitsuo- «I do not care»
-Shig- «Your last name isn’t Iseri is it?»
-Mitsuo- «Your point?»
-Shig- «Isn’t it Kawabata?»
Mitsuo laughed.
-Mitsuo- «No dear lad. My last name is Iseri. But all gods and goddesses under the hands of our lord get the privilege of calling themselves with his powerful last name»
-Shig- «Them why didn’t you keep your precious lord’s last name?»
-Mitsuo- «Why that would be sinful. I am in no position to get his last name. Even borrowing his ability right now made me feel bad. Alright we talked enough. Shall I hear your pathetic last words»
-Shig- «…» In his lats moments Shig didn’t utter a single word. He simply lifted his head at him with a look of absolute certainty. Yes. He thought they could win.
Mitsuo grabbed a small gun out of his belt and shot Shig between the eyes. Shig’s thoughts ceased to exist at that moment. As his soul started to slowly dive into the next world. He saw a figure with red hair welcoming him towards the light. Which he followed.
The God left the room having killed two calamities for the sake of his own lord and himself.
Hagatsuma Kumiko and Paghos were in that room fighting Jurou and Asuka. Well not quite. The fight had barely even started. Paghos was just looking at his sister on the eyes. The clear green eyes his sister had. Paghos in his early years. He used to play with his sister all the time. He’d always look into her eyes. They would always shine like emerald. He thought. Because he was her older brother. He could understand her. And everything about her. Just by looking into her crystal clear eyes. But… when Asuka gained bet ability. At least a week later. Her see through eyes that would grab you and make you fall into a deep abyss filled with wonders. They were now blocked. Empty. They had nothing. It was like her soul had left those eyes to rot and built a wall so that no one could enter any longer. Asuka was fifteen at that time. When her ability woke up. Paghos was surprised she got an ability as usually it arises before the age of ten. Otherwise it doesn’t. Asuka was mocked every day of every year because of that. Her family’s ice ability that is inherited by everyone in the bloodline of hers was obtained by her brother. But even then she never felt any sort of malice. She was pure. No one can tell exactly what happened to her in that week after gaining an ability. But she disappeared a month later. Having never spoken to her brother again.
-Paghos- «Asuka… return home… I beg of you return home! Let’s watch a movie together like we used to!»
-Asuka- «Would you shut up. You’re worthless and a terrible sibling! You can go and fuck yourself!»
Paghos was shocked and taken aback from her words. They echoed through his head and never once stopped. He then felt a cold hand on his shoulder.
-Kumiko H- «Hey fella. Can you really handle this?»
-Paghos- He remained silent for a bit before speaking. «Don’t worry. I’ll kill whoever this girl is. Because she isn’t my sister!» he turned his voice to Asuka. «Listen here! I don’t know what the hell happened to you so that you’d turn out this way! But this isn’t the Asuka I know!»
-Asuka- «You’re an idiot! Can’t you see this is all for you?! This whole world is false! They don’t have a god! This whole world is nothing! Aoi promised me he will make a better world! And if I have to kill you that’s fine! Hell bring you back and you’ll see how great of a world can really be made!»
-Paghos- «Sis… you’ve always been very gullable»
Paghos exhaled as he raised his hand in the air. He clenched his fist as if he was holding onto something punched the air in front of him and in front of Asuka. After that the floor starter freezing as it started nearing Asuka it hit her head on. Although her ability countered it perfectly. She grabbed a gun and tried shooting Paghos but for some reason the bullet didn’t escape once the trigger was pulled.
-Paghos- «Did you forget sis? Not only the ground. And not only the seas. But even the air himself is my weapon. I don’t have enough strength in me to kill you. BUT I WILL NOT LET MY LITTLE SISTER GET DRAGGED INTO THIS ANY LONGER!»
-Asuka- «YOU SHUT UP!!»
-Paghos- «Sis… please understand… Aoi isn’t…»
-Asuka- «Aoi IS the person who looked after me when you weren’t there. I had no one. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT WAS!»
-Paghos- «Sis… I’m sorry. But if you had a problem you should’ve told me and not avoid me!»
-Asuka- «OH would you quit your bullshit! You’re a pathetic excuse of an older brother! You just attacked me and you never gave a fuck about me!»
-Paghos- «I had to attack you you immature idiot!»
-Kumiko H- «ARE YOU TWO GOING TO ARGUE OR FIGHT?! IF YOU’RE GONNA FIGHT DO IT ALREADY THIS BASTARD IS DAMN ANNOYING!»
-Jurou- «Hahaha hahaha hahaha ha!»
-Kumiko H- «Come back here you disgusting excuse of an enemy!»
-Paghos- «… what the fuck?»
-Asuka- «He’s autistic»
-Paghos- «… ah…. I see»
Asuka threw her gun at Pathos. An icicle emerged from the floor without harming the terrain one bit and but the gun away from him.
-Paghos- «How many times do you have to realize. Your ability is pure defense. You’re worthless without some offensive strength»
Asuka was ready to cry as she heard that. She seemed ready to burst into tears.
-Asuka- «SHUT UP!!» she started sobbing between words. «I’m not useless without offense!!... I am strong enough by myself!»
-Paghos- «I am sorry but I don’t see any of that»
-Asuka- «You just go ahead and die!!» she started running towards Paghos and in return he froze the ground and her.
But as she was frozen she emerged from the ice. She was quite injured though.
-Asuka- «I… am… STRONG ENOUGH!!!»
She went ahead and as she was about to hit him Paghos made a shield. But it didn’t do anything. It didn’t stop the fist. It kept going. It became an unstoppable force. Paghos barely managed to move aside but he ended up losing his left shoulder.
He held his very large wound as it was bleeding a lot. He turned and saw his little sister in such sadness and madness that you could say he was staring at the eyes of a monster.
Asuka’s ability is the unstoppable force paradox. She cab stop any attack as her defense is unstoppable or immovable. But That’s one half of her power. She can switch on command now on an unstoppable force or an unstoppable shield. But she can’t switch after having already done that unless she waits a day.
She jumped towards Paghos and no ice was stopping her. She wasn’t freezing. She wasn’t being stopped and she just walked through blocks of ice like it was nothing.
She went for another hit but an icicle hit her from her side and she was sent flying for a few meters. She stood up and started running at him. Another attack came from her side but she moved her force of power and balance over to her side just in time to make the unstoppable force turn to that direction.
Asuka kept running towards Paghos in a frenzy. She seemed crazy like she had lost all sense of logic. But Paghos knew she was still there. Because even through the walls that were placed in her eyes by Kawabata Aoi. He could still see. His sisters soul shining bright like the stars of the outer space.
She ran towards him with tears in her eyes. But Paghos couldn’t see her attacking him. She only saw her and himself like the little children they once were. She was running at him with a small wound on her knee crying and exaggerating. Her tears making her eyes sparkle even more.
She went to attack Paghos as he himself she’d a tear of sadness. Because he knew he couldn’t treat. That wound inside of her. It was already too late to try and heal that. She was so lost in her own abyss that she couldn’t see the light from anywhere. Just as she went to kill him. A spike rose from below her. Behind her. And all of her sides. And then she was… impaled. Paghos started crying. He couldn’t bear looking at his sister’s own body and soul rotting away as her life left from this world.
Asuka looked at him in a manner that could only be described as hateful. Paghos lifted his head. Be just needed to see his sister in her last moments. She stared back at him and for once instead of him seeing into her soul. She saw how truly pure his love was for his sister. She cried a few more tears of regret. And she died in that moment.