Chapter 4 : Hagatsuma Kumiko

As I entered the dorm rooms I looked around. There was a basic living room. And our rooms I would suppose would be in one of the hallways. There was a large green couch in the middle of the room so I sat down. I then observed around the living room. It was then when I almost had a panic attack. I realized that I’m gonna be living in a place full of girls. Damn. Normally I’d be happy about it but I never thought it would be so stressful, as I was looking around a girl approached me and sat down on the couch next to me.
-???- «hello, you seem stressed is everything alright?»
-me- «Y-yes in fine don’t worry I’m just a bit stressed»
-???- «is it because of the games and all?»
-me- «yeah… sure…»
The girl then smiled at me and asked me «my name is Aoki Haru, what’s your name?»
-me- «my name… is… Kobashigawa Kumiko…»
-Haru- «oh you have the same name as that other girl!»
I then smiled a bit since this conversation was going nicely «really which one?» I asked
-Haru- «well her name is Hagatsuma Kumiko, one of the most dangerous people here, I heard she won in a matter of a few seconds on her opponent, she is amazing isn’t she?»
I looked at her horrified, my eyes filled with both horror and excitement «well it’s normal isn’t it… for her to be here I mean… this is the girls dorm so all the girls go here right?»
-Haru- «you’re kidding right? Both boys and girls in total are 50.290 people plus there are the slaves you obtained via winning so of course there will be multiple dorms, each dorm has 100 people. Except from that one dorm room that has 91 people»
I looked at her and snapped back to reality after hitting my face a bit, it hurt because I did smt stupid to hit my face but anyhow. That girl, the really dangerous one is in our dorm? This surely is some terrible luck. Can’t believe this, I didn’t even get to enjoy living with girls and now I’ll have a full on beast here. I turned to Haru and asked her a question. «hey Haru-San. What makes that girl so dangerous?»
Haru answered with an intrigued face «well I can’t be sure but I heard some rumors, apparently she has some sort of poison ability, I also heard her entire blood is filled with that as well, she’s like a snake of some sort! Her eyes look like ones too!» Haru seemed like a fan of that Hagatsuma Kumiko when she was speaking and it made me wonder if this Kumiko girl is a nice person or not.
-me- I sighed «what are you getting excited for. Sounds pretty bad to have her here. She is dangerous from what the list said so I’m getting worried ta know. I wish I were in a different dorm room to be honest with you. I feel like she would be bothersome to have»
And as I said that I felt the cold breath of a person on my neck. I turned around and it was that girl. Hagatsuma Kumiko. I apologized for what I said and silently she turned around and went inside a room closing the door behind her. I was relieved for a second but then she came out of that room with a dress. I stared at her and the piece of clothing blankly and tried to walk away as Kumiko grabbed my arm «where do you think you’re going, come on don’t you wanna wear it» she said with a sadistic smile, I responded «no I do not» but she put it on anyways and took pictures. She didn’t allow me to take it off so I stayed with it for a while. I finally decided to go to my room in the hallway. I stood up from the green couch and started walking in the hallways. As I was walking I saw a door with a sign that said :
Room of Kobashigawa Kumiko and Hagatsuma Kumiko
… I stared at the door… and then I stayed cursing my own bad luck that I had to share a room with the most sadistic bitch I’ve ever met. It took me a few seconds but I opened the door. As I opened it she was already inside changing. I began to panic because people would call me a pervert if they found out I saw this. But she didn’t care. «what the hell are you sitting over there are you gonna get in or what?»… ah… yes… I’m… a girl… that’s something I suppose although it didn’t stop me from feeling guilty. She wore some casual clothing and layed on that bunk bed we had in the room, she chose the top bed for herself. I layed on the bottom part and tried to sleep when I saw the time. But I couldn’t get any sleep. I got up from the bed and went in the living room. I sat there a while and everything raced into my head. I needed my time to think. It was a bit… awkward? Would that be the right word to describe it. As I was sitting there I realized that this was the first time in my life I experienced such anxiety and stress. On my life I’ve always expected every outcome and nothing could ever surprise me. But I never began to think that all of this owuld happen and even if I did this is all too weird for a normal person to handle. This stress scared me. I was horrified. I never thought not knowing something could be so scary. As I was sitting there I flinched when a cold hand grabbed my shoulder, as I turned around quickly it was a gurl and she was sitting down next to me. She was my roommate, Kumiko, she looked at me puzzled and asked «what’s on your mind can’t get any sleep?», in her voice you could tlel there wasn’t much emotion but her words were genuine. I responded «well, to be honest I’ve never felt so stressed in my entire life. It’s… kind of depressing for me…», after what I said Hagatsuma sighed deeply and looked at me with a serious look. «listen I know this place is very hard to be in and you hope it will go away but it won’t» I looked at her «well I kind of want it to remain but also not. I’m just filled with negativity lately» she then slapped me, I was in shock but I could see she was a bit mad. She said «I don’t know why the hell you would think like that but you shouldn’t. You are one of the people that won a match to enter here correct? Exactly, you passed with your sword. And now you’re jst gonna be sad about it? That’s a bit pathetic if you ask me. If you’re truly strong show it. You can’t have a weak mentality. Not here at least», and with that she walked of. I stared at the hallway blankly for a while. But… she was right. I can’t be like that. I can’t just stand around crying. I must be strong if I wanna know, I came here voluntarily. And I’ll emerge victorious. And then I somehow stopped being so stressed. Of course I was still a bit stressful but most of it had gone away. I returned to my room and saw my roommate sleeping, I smiled at her before changing into my pyjamas and sleeping as well.