Chapter 13 : A Serpents Severed Fangs

I was thinking that I had just challenged Hagatsuma-San and I was scared. That fear got to me. I couldn’t believe I was scared. I’m a man aren’t I… oh damn I’m not am I. NO. I can’t I am a man I’m supposed to be one I was born a man and raised a man! I got it. Exercising is manly enough. If I do that I’ll get my masculinity back. It will be awesome if I get all muscular I’ll obtain part of my masculinity again.
I decided to do the most masculine thing I could think of at the top of my head. That was exercising. I went to the gym of the facility and decided to run since I didn’t used to train my legs a lot when I was a guy so I wanna make up for that. I went on the treadmill and started running. I was immediately met with a problem I never had as a dude. The chest. I didn’t wear a bra since I wanted to reduce the femininity on me but it wasn’t such a great idea. It was getting in the way quite a lot and I did my best to try and ignore it which didn’t help much and nor did it made anything better. After a little while I met a new problem and my breasts felt sore. Now I understand why girls didn’t want us running in gym class back in middle school. I would guess it must’ve been even harder on my occasion since mine was definitely large. I was having a really hard time running so I stopped and sat down after a little while. That day I had worn a white t-shirt and gray shorts. Ken’s tat where made for men. As I was sitting on a bench trying to comprehend the latest events I looked around and many people, mostly the males of the gym stared… I’m never coming back here never. I think I also heard a girl call me a show-off but that’s another story. I was really embarrassed. So much that I couldn’t leave the bench just yet. I sat there for 15 minutes before a man in the gym approached me. He was one of these gym rats so he was fit. Most girls would like this but I’ve always believed bodybuilding to be unhealthy. Did I include myself when I said girls? No I would never. He introduced himself and said his name was Jonathan.
-Jonathan- «Hi cutie~». As you can see he is quite the opposite of a charming man. Unless you’re into this then I guess good for you.
-Me- «Sorry not interested»
-Jonathan- «Hey hey come on give me a chance~» he said as he tried approaching me. Was I actually being hit on by a creep? No it is too soon to call him that. I shouldn’t judge anyone.
-Me- «I’m very worry I’m not interested really. I don’t wanna say something bad I’m just you know uninterested»
-Jonathan- «I bet I can change that~» he kept saying as he tried to move his hand around me. Yeah nevermind he’s a creep. I didn’t know whay to do to be fair. Most crimes are not illegal here and I don’t have the strength nor any ability to make this epitome of Dwayne Johnson leave. He wasn’t bold he was just really buff.
I got scared as I thought that I couldn’t get out of this in the beginning. Then I hear the voice of a girl speaking.
-???- «Hey creepy ass pervert. I may not like miss bangs over there but I’m afraid she ain’t interested. Man that’s tough for ya. You got turned down by such an ugly chick like her» I was a bit insulted but I felt a bit safer. Even more when I turned around and saw that the person who spoke up for me was Hagatsuma-San. The man stood up and tried to threaten her. I don’t know if I say this a lot but I have to say that Hagatsuma-San has anger issues. The guy tried to fight her with his physical strength alone. Even though Hagatsuma-San didn’t have the same physical strength she definitely knew self-defense and martial arts. She won without much difficulty and then grabbed my hand and we walked out the gym. After we walked out she sat me down on a bench and slapped me across the face. «Are you fucking stupid big tits?! This is the first and last time in doing you that favor you idiot. Why aren’t you wearing a sports bra or something. Be careful next time and if you end up like that again I’ll just punch you in the face got it? Now go back to our dorm room and take a shower you smell» with that she left and I stood there silently for a second still trying to process what happened. I can’t believe I thought of killing her. Maybe she isn’t all that bad of a person. Yes she has killed people but so have I and everybody else here. I suppose… maybe they are good people. I went to the dorms after ten minutes of staying there. After showering I wore normal clothes. Or at least the most normal clothes I found in my closet. The shorts and pants where all being washed and it only had skirts for me. Why? Because I was too lazy to do the laundry earlier. I got out of the room with a black shirt and a skirt that reached my knees. After a little while I saw the rest of the group there. Everyone was like a normal person. Us being here I guess is some sort of safety card. We can relax and not lol anyone. After a little Ume approached me.
-Ume- «Hey Kumiko. So will you assassinate Hagatsuma Kumiko?»
-Me- «I’m sorry Ume. I don’t really want to»
-Ume- «Why? Doesn’t she always push you around?»
-Me- «Yeah and I’m sure she isn’t fond of me. But I owe her one. I can’t kill her you know?»
-Ume- She sighed «Well you have to repay me somehow. I respect what you said but I do expect to obtain something. Information maybe?»
-Me- «Well. Are you interested in Artificial Blessings?»
-Ume- «Say what? Artificial Blessings?»
-Me- «Yeah» I take out one empty syringe «They are fairly interesting. Basically they take the blood of the blessed. Or the ones with abilities and if you put the needle in you. You will get the ability of whoever’s blood you took. That happens because the blessed have some sort of energy produced in their hearts. Onyl way to be able to produce that energy is by having blessed people as ancestors. Red blood cells are the ones who carry that energy. The heart produces this energy and makes it travel through the whole body through the red blood cells in our blood. When we take this blood using the syringe we grab some cells with that energy on them. And when you put the syringe inside you and put that specific blessed persons blessed energy into yourself. And that energy flows into your heart and then travels through the whole body. It’s only temporary because the heart still is unable to produce any of the energy so it flows in your body until you use all of it. Depending on how much you take you can use it continuesly for 45 minutes if you fill the syringe»
-Ume- «Huh I see… that’s interesting. Listen here. Guve me an empty syringe and I’ll say your share of our deal will have been fulfilled»
With that I hand her an empty syringe of the two I had and I no longer owed anything else to Ume-San. It seemed like the worst part had passed. And I learned so much about abilities. If you think about it. I have no reason to keep going. All of these people. I consider friends. It’s nice. It’s… beautiful. Yet again. I don’t know why but I felt like something was wrong. I didn’t know why but I knew something was up. I did my best into thinking about this. But I couldn’t find out about anything. It was probably just some sort of instinct… I tried to ginroe that since I didn’t know what it was and I looked into Toma Shig. I chose him over everyone else because well he was stupid. I saw him trying to support a microwave on the top of his forehead and a pencil stick on his nose so I questioned how on earth did a person like him become so dangerous. All I heard where rumors. Something about his ability is the most suited for combat. Plus I heard his nickname was the werebeast. So I kept getting more curious. I thought he wouldn’t provide good detail since he doesn’t seem all that bright so I did my research by looking at what others had reported or in general what they have experienced. I couldn’t fnd anything. One person was saying he was a tiger, another one said he was a dog. Another one said praying mantis. And another said elephant. The mroe I looked the more different animals I found and it always said he was far stronger and more durable than the normal animal when he transforms. I colcuded that he can shapeshifter to animals. And the animals he became where far stronger than the normal animal. That definitely seems strong. I learned about this man’s ability too and then I questioned myself. Now what? What’s gonna happen now? Is it… Over? It seemed great. That I could finally relax. But then… a scenario I couldn’t imagine happened. I turned to look at Archive in the room and he was looking at a mail he just received and his expressionless face. The one that usually has nothing on it seemed on the verge of tears and absolutely horrified. «What’s wrong Archive?». He ignored me and he started dashing out the dorm with tears in his eye. I got up and started following him as he ran towards the central community. I didn’t know that lazy bastard could run this fast. I was getting worried as well. I’ve never seen Archive this way. It was… unsettling. It appeared after a while that he was running towards the central community. He arrived there and I bumped into him since I didn’t expect him to stop so suddenly. He didn’t sem tj care but he ran on the center of the room. All I could see was blood everywhere. There was a lot of blood. I reached closer and I saw… the impossible. Hagatsuma Kumiko. Was lying there and she was slowly dying. I was horrified I even fell down a bit. Archive was so close to her so much I wouldn’t wbt to reach. Her blood is so poisonous it could kill me immediately even a single drop. But he was just standing there. Hugging her.
-Kumiko H- «Archive… you dumb idiot. Get away you’ll diif poisoning…»
-Archive- «I’ll use my own ability I won’t die so please don’t die on me Kumiko! Please I beg of you! Don’t die… please… I don’t wanna be alone again… please… you’re the only one I love. You make me happy simply because you’re there. You make my heart soar in the sky Kumiko. Please. Stay with me. Don’t… don’t go… don’t leave me alone…» he said as he was crying and golding her in his arms
-Kumiko H- «Are you seriously risking your own death simply to tell me this Archive… don’t worry… I have faith in you… you’re smarter and stronger than every man I’ve met before. Even if I go you will never be truly alone. I’ll live in your heart… I’m sorry Archive. I was too weak against that man. He was so strong and I couldn’t understand what his ability even was… I’m truly pathetic…»
-Archive- «NO! DON’T YOU DARE SAY THAT… you’re not pathetic… you’re the strongest and prettiest girl I’ve ever met. You’re the only one who ever cared even a little about me. The only one who wasn’t afraid of me! Please… Kumiko…
Then… Hagatsuma Kumiko. Didn’t respond. She just placed her hands on Archive’s cheeks. Brought him closer. And planted a kiss on his lips. Archive kissing her back. As their lips departed Hagatsuma Kumiko fell to the floor, her eyes were now empty and th ekife in then had faded away. I wanted to say something but even I… even I was crying. Even though Hagatsuma-San was the one who had passed. Archive’s eyes looked fat more dead than hers ever were. Archive then saw something on Hagatsuma Kumiko’s chest. A note. It said the following : «Hello! My name is Kawabata AOI! I’m sorry but I was boooored. And dear Archive. Don’t be mad. After all girls come and go! Be my friend! They stay forever!». I didn’t see why this note said but it made Archive tear it to shreds. He then stood up and spoke with his back turned on me.
-Archive- «Kobashigawa Kumiko… I see you followed me. I am sorry to ask this from you… but I’ve been observing you. And I know who you… Truly are… so I have a proposal. Shall we go over and…» he tilted his head so them at he could stare at me. His face was cold but even if it was Archive I could see through it. He was mad. He was like an animal if you hurt it’s loved ones. «Kobashigawa Kumiko. I propose we go over. And hunt Kawabata Aoi»
I took a while to recover from this shock but then I remembered everything this bastard had done to me. He is the reason for this project, he killed Kiyomi and now he killed Hagatsuma-San. I had to keep my cool. I had to remember. It all has to go smoothly. If it does then everyone can be saved. I had to keep calm for the plan. But I felt something. I don’t know why I felt this way but. I had a feeling. I needed to follow Archive. I wanted to. And then I decided. And I spoke
-Me- «Archive Vinogradov… I understand your anger. And I’ll agree. Let’s become one. And kill. Kawabata Aoi. And then hopefully. End this misery»
-Archive- «Good you agreed. If you hadn’t I would just threaten to reveal that you have no ability and you’d just get an even worse life from now on. But… I am glad I really am. I’m a man that trusts his own intuitions. Since they have never been wrong. They are like god’s words to me. And I feel like you… can save us all from this misery we have… I trust you, Kobashigawa Kumiko»