Chapter 25 : News

Two weeks had passed since we escaped in Brazil. Everyone else was doing their thing and Archive was sitting besides me. They kicked us out of the hard work and everything because well we fucked it up…
-Me- «Archive»
-Archive- «What?»
-Me- «Why did your ability cancel Shig’s?»
-Archive- «Think about it that way. When someone has an ability they use the energy in their cells. When I use one of my merit points I use such large amounts of energy that can make the energy production in someone very weak. Therefore making them unable to use their ability. It don’t work on me because I use the same energy. The exact same one. This also includes when you use an artificial blessing. Nothing happens to you»
-Me- «Ah got it»
…….
-Me- «Hey Archive»
-Archive- «What?»
-Me- «You know how people inherit abilities from their parents?»
-Archive- «Yeah»
-Me- «What if a dude. Has a baby with a woman that has no ability to pass on but the man’s ability is to make his thing longer and the child ends up being a girl»
-Archive- «What the fuck?»
-Me- «It’s been bothering me for a while. Because you know it would be a girl it can’t make it longer»
-Archive- «I’m sorry?»
-Me- «Just answer»
-Archive- «Hmmmmm. Uhhhh… huuuuuhhh… Hmmmmm… mm…… the girl would not have an ability»
-Me- «OR-»
-Archive- «NO DONT YOU DARE SAY IT»
-Me- «FINE!»
-Archive- «…»
-Me- «…»
-Me- «We both know that this would grow»
-Archive- «Yeah… I don’t think that’s what you should have on your head»
-Me- «Well what should I have in my head?»
-Archive- «To return to the mental hospital»
-Me- «I can’t they’d lock me in a cell»
-Archive- «You know what I meant»
-Me- «Yeah shut up»
We were sitting near a very poorly mad house as everyone especially Kumiko was helping around. She knew best since she used to be in an outskirt of a city in these past seven years. Whilst me and Archive on the other side were pretty comfortable with a rich life. Even Kumiko held a grudge against Archive because he didn’t come find her before me. It’s not his fault really but you can’t really do anything about it.
We were all hungry and normally we’d go to a city and get a job but the news of our supposed crimes are everywhere. We are seen as the cause of a mass genocide. It’s infuriating. I don’t believe we could all last forever. Actually maybe we will because of Kumiko. I know what to do I have the brains to do it but I lack on literally everything else. This sucks. I had even began to question myself a lot and kept thinking of really weird stuff. I didn’t understand my own head anymore. It was very annoying. It had the same feeling of when you leave a familiar place. I couldn’t stand that thought at all. I stayed there sat down. The dirt of the ground was outside and inside my shoes. All of my clothes were dirty and not well taken care of. The wind was blowing over my dry skin. My hair was messed up and my arms were tired just like when you slept on the sand in the beach and you wake up. I felt my eyelids gaining weight as they were close to get shut, sometimes and I wanted to pass out. I didn’t want this. I disliked every second of it. My neck was hurting and I had lost everything. But yet I still had a bit of hope with me. Because I still had the people that stayed with me even throughout all of this. My thoughts were interrupted by Hagatsuma-San calling us to a house she found empty.
-Kumiko H- «Hey idiots! Come here found us a home»
We disliked the way she called is idiots but we were also thankful of her ability to be able to adapt in such situations as easily. It must’ve been from her past. We all got up from the hot ground and went over to Hagatsuma Kumiko. She showed us the house she found. It was too small and we wouldn’t be able to do anything but sleep in there and even then we’d be pretty tight in there. I was the first to enter the house after Hagatsuma-San and noticed something on the floor which wasn’t yet seen by anyone. I picked it up. It was a newspaper. A recent one too. I didn’t expect to see what I saw. In the cover was Aoi. And behind him the flag of NATO. He was the Secretary General of NATO. How the hell did he manage to become the secretary general in the span of only two weeks? Or was he planning that for these past seven years? I’ve noticed something about Aoi. He seems to be prepared for everything. He calls us bugs in the system and calamities. It’s as if we stepped into something he was doing. Plus we have heard rumors that the gods are somewhat immortal. What does that even mean… is Kawabata Aoi immortal? How long has he been alive. Now again I can’t confirm it and I still am not aware of why he would be immortal. And I don’t have enough proof for that but I think that’s the case. Aoi is immortal and has lived for long. The question is how long. I could guess because of how great my intuition is. But a guess is always a guess. Even if I manage to guess correctly I’ll never know with full accuracy and certainty. But… while I was looking at this picture of Aoi behind that flag. Something creeped inside of me I didn’t know what it was but it felt like I’ve see this picture before… As I was contemplating whatever was going on in my head Shiro placed his hand on my shoulder.
-Shiro- «Hey Kumiko. Is everything alright? You seem upset»
-Me- «Oh Shiro hi. Well I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t upset but right now it isn’t anything you should worry about»
-Shiro- «Is it about the newspaper?»
-Me- «Yeah. It’s Aoi behind the NATO flag»
Shiro leaned towards the picture and squinted his eyes.
-Shiro- «Have I seen this before?»
-Me- «I don’t believe you have it came out yesterday»
-Shiro- «Well I must’ve seem it somewhere a few hours ago then»
-Me- «I guess…»
-Shiro- «Well I’ll be going now to help Kumiko. I mean the second one not you of course»
-Me- «Hahaha yes of course»
Shiro left and Archive and I stayed in the house. I kept looking at the picture. My mind racing with all these thoughts. What was even happening? Why did this picture… feel… so familiar.