Ch. 37 - Grimmauld Place

The trip to headquarters was miserably cold, but Selene relished being able to fly again. She and Harry had flown side-by-side, each outstripping the other in speed. When they finally touched down, Selene felt exhilarated.

After dismounting their brooms, Moody had given Harry the location of Grimmauld Place, and then they had ushered inside and up the stairs, away from the Order meeting that was taking place downstairs.

Selene had sat through the meeting rather impatiently, sitting in between Remus and Sirius. She was eager to spend some more time with Harry. She knew Sirius understood; he hadn't even laid eyes on him yet.

She hardly listened as the other Order members argued and spoke in hushed voices, discussing how best to guard their secret weapon from Voldemort.

Currently, Moody was ranting about how if they didn't take action soon, Voldemort would soon have his hands on the prophecy, but he paused in his rant, interrupted by a distant yelling coming from up the stairs. His magical eye swiveled upwards, staring through the ceiling. "Looks like Potter is going ballistic."

Selene groaned, putting her head in her hands. "See, I told all of you that keeping him in the dark like this wasn't fair."

"It's not like we disagreed with you, Selene, but what were we supposed to tell him in a letter?" Remus shot back, eyeing her cautiously.

"We didn't have to tell him everything, just reassure him in some way that things were going to be alright! Is anyone forgetting the ordeal the boy has been through just a couple of months ago?" Selene said dangerously.

"I agree with Selly, I think Harry deserves to know, seeing as this all concerns him," Sirius chimed in loudly, as if daring someone to disagree with him.

"Sirius, Selene, I understand as Harry's godparents that you care greatly for Harry's wellbeing, but this is in his best interest, all things considered –" Dumbledore began quickly, but he was cut off by Selene's angry words.

"Listen, Dumbledore, you know very well what I think about what you have to say –"

"Selene." Remus said quietly, giving her a look.

"No, Remus, it's perfectly fine," Dumbledore said gently. "Selene has every right to feel the way she does. This isn't easy, but it's a very delicate situation we are dealing with here."

The old headmaster turned to address Selene specifically. "I understand that Harry has deserved to hear at least part of the truth, the most essential part. I think it's quite alright for him to be informed to at least some degree tonight, while eating some of Molly's delicious dinner," he said, inclining his head to Molly, who blushed. "I suppose that on that subject, that brings tonight's meeting to a close. I must be off anyways. We have pressing matters to address at Hogwarts."

After bidding them all goodnight, Dumbledore took his quick exit, and Molly followed after him to go retrieve the children from upstairs.

"You must stop picking fights with him during the meetings," Remus said to Selene at once, just as Dumbledore was out of earshot.

Selene huffed. "I will as soon as he treats Harry the way he deserves to be treated."

Remus shook his head at her. "What you say makes sense, Selene, but what's the point in picking fights about it when it's already done?"

Selene opened her mouth to retort, but Sirius cut across her, his eyes wide with anxiousness.

"Not to play the peacemaker or anything, but how about we save this argument for another time?" Sirius said calmly.

It was indeed quite unusual for Sirius to be the peacemaker in any situation, considering that normally he was quite the hothead. However, tensions had clearly risen high as of late between Selene and Remus, and Sirius was doing his best to quell them.