Ch. 74 - A Loving Household

Selene's POV

"You can't tell me now that you don't think something is going on. And what about Snape? He wanted to help Malfoy!"

The next day, Selene and Harry boarded the Hogwarts Express to go back home for the Christmas holidays. Selene could have Apparated back herself, but she didn't see anything wrong with taking the train back with Harry. They'd just go home together from the station.

"I don't know, Harry..." Selene said, pressing her lips together. "Something's fishy... but Snape's supposed to be a spy for the Order... Perhaps he was just acting for his cover..."

Harry looked skeptical. "He sure was trying to be helpful for someone who's supposed to be working with us."

"I mean that's the whole point," Selene said halfheartedly, leaning back in her seat and looking out the window. "I wish I had been able to say something to Draco. I feel like I could get something out of him... I just don't think his heart's in this..."

She expected Harry to disagree with her, but Harry just shrugged. "Even if it's not, whatever he's doing could be pretty bad. He needs to be stopped."

Selene nodded, frowning. "I know. You're right."

They didn't say anything for a moment. Harry sighed, resting his head in his hand.

"I'm ready to be home," he said tiredly. "Will Remus be there when we get there?"

Selene frowned. "I-I don't know. I haven't heard from him."

"Like – like at all?" Harry asked, appalled, leaning forward. "Like since we've left?"

"Yeah," she said. "He's been doing something for the Order. I haven't been able to write. Otherwise it'd give him away."

Harry looked worried. "Do you – do you think he's okay?"

"I sure hope so," Selene said softly. At Harry's suddenly frightened look, she said, "I'm sure he's fine, Harry... I'm sure he'll be at the cottage when we get home."

She just hoped that that was true.

When the Hogwarts Express pulled into Kings Cross Station, Selene and Harry took no time to gather their trunks and exit onto the platform. Ron followed closely behind them, having found them as they left their compartment. He'd ridden the train with Lavender, his girlfriend, but it looks like it hadn't been that fun. He had looked very relieved when he'd managed to detach himself from the enthusiastic girl.

"Selene!"

Molly hugged Selene as soon as she saw her, smiling warmly. "How was the term?"

"It was alright," Selene said wearily. "I'll be glad for a break."

Molly looked over at Harry, Ron, and Ginny, who'd just joined them. "Hello, you three. Good term?"

Harry, Ron, and Ginny nodded with a chorus of "yeah's," and Molly looked satisfied.

"Well, we'll get home," she said, looking toward her two youngest children, "and then Selene, Harry, I'm sure I should expect you over at ours for dinner sometime this week?"

"Probably several times, if I'm honest," Selene said, smiling sheepishly. "But most definitely for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day."

Molly waved a dismissive hand. "Come by whenever you want. It's Christmastime, and we're all family." Then she looked around. "Have you all grabbed everything?"

The kids nodded, and Selene reached over to grab the handle on her trunk. "I think so," she said, beginning to lug it behind her. Their group began to slowly move towards the stretch of brick wall that would take them off the platform, lugging their things along with them.