chapter two

'an unsetteling feeling'

there is something so very comforting about waking up and not being alone. i don't remember much from my early childhood, faint memories of horrible things. but not that much actually.

not as much as my siblings remember and im glad that i don't. im glad i am not haunted like that. like they are so brutally.

but i remember always having this feeling whenever i woke up in someones embrace. it was like it was etched into my mind that it meant comfort.

and i was sure i could've been laying in the arms of the most unholy disgusting human being every known to man kind and i would still smile from that wonderful feeling i felt.

sick right?

but i loved it, and cherished my mornings like they were pure gold.

it was rico that was clutching onto me most likely having had a nightmare doing the night. an not so uncommon occurrence.

and he knew i was the only one actually enjoying not being alone so he always came here whenever his nightmares got bad.

i don't recall how i got to bed nor how i even made my way up the stairs, i remember the pond and the vodka bottle but everything after that was a blur.

so i shrugged it off. someone most likely helped me up here and i was most likely left here until rico came in and layed down next to me.

most nights after our big parties went like that.

almost like a routine.

my phone rung making me groan i didn't feel very hungover but the again i do not doubt i stuck two fingers down my throat last night before passing out. i wasn't very keen of hangovers.

and even in my drunken state i had gotten used to doing that to rid of the hangover bound to follow.

'' hallo?'' i said squinting my eyes as i placed the phone against my ear.

silence. silence was all that came from the other side. 'i looked at the number. unknown. great. '' listen whomever you are speak up or im hanging up '' i snapped irritated yet still keeping my voice down not wanting to wake up rico.

silence. '' fuck you'' i seethed hanging up. some people really did have to much time on their hands.

rico was as always sleeping like a fucking rock. i could've been banging on the fucking door for hours sometimes when trying to wake the bastard up.

my phone rung again, unknown number. i declined. but it just rung again. and again '' what the fuck do you want?'' i snapped as i picked up the phone. silence.

and then the sound of a dark voice. '' you'' whoever it was sounded amused.

i scoffed '' dream on fucker'' i spat hanging up turning my phone off.

was it responsible of me ? nah. did i want tot ell anyone? no. why? because why the hell bother someone with such a lame excuse of a threat.

so instead i just as gently as possible unwrapped rico's arms from around me grabbing some clothes from my closet before walking into the bathroom taking a shower.

you know that feeling of being watched? i had that. all of the sudden.

and i couldn't help but to shiver as i undressed and climbed into the bathtub hiding myself under the bubbles.

i was all alone and i hated it.

i hated it more than anything on earth. being alone. i was scared of it.

pathetic right?

but i was. and maybe i envied my siblings for remembering their horrible early childhoods. away from this mansion. away from mum and dad.

maybe i envied them because at least they could remember why they feared things.

i couldn't.

i couldn't remember anything other than the screaming, crying and the gun going off. i couldn't remember anything but the silence that always fell over the apartment whenever the fight was over between my sperm donor and birthgiver.

everything else was gone and forgotten.

and somehow that made me so confused. like i didn't even know myself.

and as fucked up as i was. i found comfort in the thought of being watched, at least that would mean i wasn't alone. that someone was watching me.

someone was there. and that somehow didn't unsettle me one bit but rather comforted me