chapter tweenty three

' i promise you ownership ' 

third persons pov

third persons pov

*fourteen years ago*

the five year old shifted her feets as she cluthed her dress tightly, so tightly it would surely wrinkle. she gulped when her mother came into sight the bright fake smile warning the child of what was to come once they got home.

the teacher smiled at the mother kindly. '' mrs garcia could i speak to you for a second?'' the teacher asked sending an assuring smile towards the six year old who looked petrified.

'' what about?'' the taller tanned skinned woman asked slightly irritated.

'' about your daughter, she seems rather slow in her speaking, perhaps because of her bilingual culture, but i suggest you give her some extra lessons in english so she dosent fall behind '' the teacher spoke. 

'' very well then '' the mother said calmly before turning to leave not waiting for other words to be spoken she grabbed her daughters hand tightly cluthing it.

the five year old winced silently as she was dragged to the car. '' you will learn the hard way if you want to be stupid in school like that '' her mother gritted out once the door closed. 

'' sorry mama'' the girl whispered under her breaht. 

she did not mean to be stupid. 

'' you will be when we get home, maybe your father will teach you some lessons'' she seethed as the five year old cried silently. 

fathers punishments was always the worst. 

* present times. *

carmen leaned into santos chest as she was seated comfortably on his lap his hands running through her long hair as they were headed towards the mall.

she was smilling softly the whole time as nicolas hand was absentmindedly drawing circles on her thigh while he was working on his laptop the driver seperated from them by a screen rolled up as soon as the instructions of where they were going had been given. 

'' santos?'' carmen muttered fiddeling with his shirt.

he looked down at her waiting for her to contiue. '' will you protect me now im yours? '' she asked innocently.