chapter four

' fresh air and pretty girls'

mum and dad returned yesterday and apparently they couldn't return without hosting a party tonight so our staff was working on max capacity and so where the rest of us.

giana having rushed me and ronnie around the whole day barking demands as if she was the eldest of us. at some point dad had to shut her up by sending her off to get her dress brought.

out of all of us giana was the fashion icon, the one most interested in her looks at least. and while i wouldn't lie and say i didn't care about my own looks- i did- i was nowhere as frantic when it came to them as gia was.

i looked through my closet desperately hoping to find a fitting dress but today none of my dresses seemed to my linking.

so i did the obvious. went to mums closet picking out the most wonderful dark blue dress.

gosh it was beautiful. even gia looked mesmerized. now all i had to do was get through tonight without fucking something up.

all i had to do was to smile and act as if i wasn't a total stuck up bitch.

how hard could it honestly be?

***

mums arms wrapped around me once she noticed me in the crowded hallway my black stilettos clicking against the floorboard even though you couldn't hear over the classical music and the endless chatter.

nystrom parties were always either crazy and wild or classical and epic.

but always memorable and flashinly haunting. thit was no different. only this time my parents where the host and not me and my deranged siblings.

the house filled to the brim with dangerous people and rich fools.

'' you look stunning bambi'' she cooed pulling me closer into her warm embrace.

i returned her hug happily '' you too mama '' i countered looking down at her dark red dress that i had stolen from her closet on several occasions, it was pretty.

'' come on people have been asking for you'' she ushered my siblings having most likely already been dragged to hell - which was speaking with the insufferable guest. - and sure enough i spotted vincent giving me a look that so clearly said ' escape while you can'

a redhead clinging to his arm as a few elder men surrounded him talking. i stifled a chuckle at the scene.

poor vinnie.

and then it was my turn for torture. dad stood among a small group fo people. two of whom looked faintly familiar. '' this is our eldest daughter carmen'' mum introduced proudly.

i flashed a grin. studying the people. three middle aged men, wives on their arms, one old man with a younger woman on either side of him and lastly the two oddly familiar men.

'' santos and nicolas marino'' adonis whispered in my ear suddenly standing beside me '' seems to have their eyes on you huh sissy'' he teased nudging me i rolled my eyes.

'' fuck of addi'' i mutered flashing him a grin which he returned with mouthing' fuck em' back.

the marino brothers however had seen the whole interaction i came to realize as they both smirked at me. dad and mum was engulfed in conversations with the other people.

'' you look absolutely breathtaking carmen'' the one adonis had pointed out as santos commented he had a smooth velvet voice and yet it was deep and alluring.

'' i know'' i replied grabbing a glass of champagne. '' you seem oddly familiar have we meet before?'' i asked twirling a strand of dark hair around my finger while maintaining eye contact with santos seeing nicolas made no signs of wanting to speak to me.

'' we have, though i believe you were rather- '' santos turned to his brother looking amused. '' how do you put it lightly?'' he asked as his brother and i made eye contact.

'' drunk'' nicolas said coldly. unlike his brother his voice was no where near like santos was. no his was deeper, more firm and with an edge to it. and so much more rough- but it wasn't in a bad way.

in fact i couldn't decide which voice i found more attractive.

i shrugged. '' you don't seem like the type too attend parties'' i commented as i only got drunk at parties hosted by either myself and my siblings or my friends who was all around eighteen.

and i was sure the two greek gods before me was not eighteen- not that they look old but rather they looked ageless- like fine wine.

'' business can sometimes demand that you do things you don't usually do'' nicolas replied stoically.

light brown eyes locking with my practically black ones. '' whatever you say '' i teased lightly as i felt an arm wrap around my waist. i looked to see santos grinning down at me.

'' some fresh air perhaps? '' he suggested and i would've been a headless chicken if i didn't accept such an offer- especially considering that nicolas trailed after us.

and despite being a good little girl who didnt fuck strangers- i still couldnt help but to imagne what it would feel like with one of the marinos.

but fresh air with them would have to surfice. because i did not know them, and i had a bad bad feeling that they had lied to me when i asked if we knew each other.

and gosh did i hate liars.