chapter tweenty one

' worship '

carmens pov.

did i mention how beautiful italy was in the mornings? i don't think i did, i often forgot to mention things i found beautiful.

but italy in the morning was beyond that.

this morning was a good morning, i had pulled my running clothes on. kissed nicolas on the cheek as he made morning coffee while santos was still sound asleep upstairs hugging the pillow that replaced me when i left.

and then i went for a long run letting music blast through my headphones.

it felt good.

to run until my legs felt like jelly and my muscles ached like they had been burning from within. to forget everything for a while and enjoy the beauty of everything around me.

the fog sticking to the grass and ground, the trees surrounding the mansion creating a little forest, the beach right behind it with snow white sand and crystals clear water.

it was magical.

and my mind went into that space again.

everything went quiet. just like when i was with the marino brothers. everything just went from bad to good.

it became peaceful.

my head and body relaxed.

i think i liked this version of life even if it wouldn't last, i liked this. this peace.

santos kissed my cheek once i came back to the mansion his hands finding their way under my shirt and to my waist pulling me to his chest almost protectively.

'' you left '' he said almost sounding like a five year old child. it was quite frankly adorable.

'' went for a run, you were asleep, i told nicolas '' i said turning my head to kiss his cheek before moving to nicolas who was leaning against the doorframe.

'' hallo gorgeous '' he said with a loose grin. i smiled at him kissing his cheek too.

santos grabbed my waist again pulling me back. i couldn't help but to chuckle as i was pulled back and watched nicolas frown slightly before kissing my forehead allowing his brother to hug me silently.

'' im drenched in sweat baby, i need to shower'' i muttered as i leaned into their touch feeling as if i had never been touched like that before.

as if this was the first taste of love i've ever tasted.

this could be my death and i would die a happy woman. '' say that again'' nicolas muttered resting his forehead against mine his eyes closed a small smile on his lips and his hand on my ribs lovingly rubbing circles.