chapter thirty six

part two 

' fever dreams ' 

carmens pov

my head spun. i knew this was a dream half awake half asleep. it haunted me. 

their faces.

all of their faces. like words printed onto the walls in blood, bold, and noticable at first glance. horror. horror what was i felt like. i felt like shaking but i knew it as a nightmare so i couldnt.

i couldnt move, i couldnt breathe, couldnt look away.

i was stuck. 

rotted to the ground i stood on.

first was the little girls face. her haunted expresion her looks that reminded me too much of my own. her small frame shaking, how skinny she was, how sickly. she haunted me. her face. her small voice. calling for help. screaming for me to safe her as i stand there stuck to my place. 

i reached out but to no avail. i cant reach her. 

behind her is the woman i thought my mother. her hands rest on either side of the little girls shoulder clutching them. '' little whore'' she mutteres on repeat like a broken record. her eyes cold. and she has stab wounds covering her body.

the ones i gave her.

she is crying too once in a while telling me it hurts, that i am evil for doing that to her. i agree. the guilt eats at me, i cant save the little girl and i cannot safe my mother because i am the one she is to be keept save from.

on either side of them stands my family split up as they now are. rico and vinnie and dad one side starring at me with distaste.

how could i leave my family for two men i just met. vinnie snerrres like a angry dog. and i hate myself for it. i try to tell him how i feel but its a nightmare i cant speak. i cant move. i cant breathe.

its like being dead.

dad yells at me telling me i am his worst daughter and that i am the most hated of his kids. that he would never look at me again. his words cut through my heart and soul. and i cry i think i cry in real life too, i think i cry both ijn this nightmare but also in reality.

i dont know.

i cant wake up.

im stuck here.