chapter 322

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa looked at the child unsure of what to do or say to him. She was just a stranger he had met yesterday, they had no relationship. What could she use to comfort him?

After thinking carefully about what to say, Elsa called out his name softly,
“Braden...”

Braden raised his eyes and looked at Elsa. The moment he saw a friendly smile on her face, he felt something pull him towards her.

He felt drawn to her.

Something his little mind did not know why it was. He studied Elsa carefully, as he asked himself if she was trustworthy. If she was good. 

Or she would just shout at him and hurt him, like his mother.

He blinked innocently, and repeatedly as he stared at Elsa.

Before Elsa could say anything, something she wanted to say to get Braden to get out  from under the bed, Braden started moving closer to her on his own.

He continued to stare at Elsa as he crawled towards her. And before Elsa knew it, Braden was right next to her. He laid on the floor and put his hands in front of him. His hands went to Elsa’s shirt and gripped it firmly.

He stared into Elsa’s eyes for a few seconds before moving even closer to her and cuddled on her. He didn’t know why but that chest he put his head on felt like the only safe place to be in.

It felt like a place he could find refuge.

Elsa didn’t expect Braden to come towards her on his own, and his actions left her speechless.

Her hands trembled slightly as she touched the baby for the first time. The moment she did, she felt a sense of ease in her heart.

The pain in her lower abdomen slowly disappeared as well.

Have you ever felt like your heart was crying?

That was how Elsa felt. But they were tears that she couldn’t tell if they were happy or sad.

She gently hugged the little boy and allowed him to find comfort in her arms.

Braden had been shaking and crying before, but slowly, he began to calm down. He held Elsa’s shirt tightly as his last tears landed on her chest.

Her shirt was wet with Braden’s tears.

She held the baby, comforting him until he relaxed and stopped crying. “Will you let me take you from under the bed?” she whispered to him.

Braden nodded.

Elsa held the baby tighter this time, more firmly. She then started sliding on the floor and getting out from under the bed with Braden in her arms.

She sat on her legs on the carpet and carried the baby in her arms before slowly getting up from the floor. She then carried him in a way that he was facing her and had his head on her shoulder. She rubbed his back in a soothing way just to make sure the baby was calm and no longer looked afraid.

Braden relaxed in Elsa’s arms.

He was quiet and comfortable, so much so that he started feeling sleepy. After crying so much, he was exhausted and wanted to sleep.

Elsa’s arms felt so comfortable and comforting that he fell asleep immediately.

When Elsa noticed his grip was loosening, she realized the child was about to or had already fallen asleep. It was in the afternoon, so he must not have  had his lunch.

Elsa felt it wasn’t right for him to fall asleep without eating, so she tried to wake him up.

“Braden? Braden?” She changed the position she was holding the baby and saw that the child was already asleep.

With no choice, Elsa placed him on his bed so he could sleep comfortably.

But the moment she placed him down, Braden woke up immediately and held Elsa’s shirt just as she was about to get up and leave.

Elsa was confused. Maybe he wasn’t already asleep after all.

“Do you want to sleep?”

Braden looked at Elsa and thought of something. He then shook his head to mean no.

“Okay. You must be hungry. Let me take you downstairs so you can eat... is that okay?”

Braden nodded gently.

Elsa got up from the bed and carried Braden from the bed, putting him on the floor on his little feet. “Okay, let’s go.”

Braden looked up at Elsa, confused. That was when he realized Elsa wanted him to walk and wasn’t carrying him like she did before.

Braden wanted Elsa to carry him again, but he didn’t know how to say this.

He never knew how to express himself very well, especially after his mother rebuked him for it harshly so many times.

So, he reached his hand out for Elsa’s so they could hold hands as Elsa walked him out of the room.

As they slowly walked down the stairs, Elsa taking Braden one step at a time, making sure he didn’t fall, they heard voices coming from downstairs in the living room.

Lorna was talking. “What type of misfortune happens thrice in a row? First, you got stabbed yesterday doing God knows what. Then, Braden goes missing. We haven’t found him up to now. Who knows where he could be? Then, someone beats up Victoria, making her end up in the hospital with her body covered in wounds.

“So something bad happens to the entire family, father, mother, and son. Oh no!...

“Rosanna called saying she will be bringing Victoria over in the evening, Victoria wants to stay here with you right now, and I back her up with that. You need each other right now, and Victoria should stay with you for a while as she recovers and helps you recover. And as you find Braden.”