chapter 366

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa couldn't help but smile contemptuously. "You want to renew our vows? Vows you did not honor the first time?" she asked angrily, with a touch of bitterness.

Jeremy felt guilty because he couldn't blame the alcohol. He still cheated on Elsa. He cheated on her by sleeping with Victoria and getting her pregnant. So he should also count faithfulness as a vow he broke.

Seeing the guilt on his face, Elsa said, "Jeremy, I am still Elsa. I am still the same Elsa that you hated with all your heart. I am still the same Elsa that you hurt, humiliated, and tortured. Even if you now know I am not Gwen, I still have her face. You treated me so terribly because you hated my sister, and you showed me that hate. I am still the same woman you punished and abused. Why are you nice to me now? I still have the same face as before?"

Jeremy sighed deeply before saying, "I know that. And I want you to give me a chance to start fresh so I can make it up to you. The moment I lost you, my entire world turned upside down. Every color drained from my world and turned black and white. I was suffocating in a place full of air, I felt like I was slowly dying inside. I know what you're thinking, why did it only take me losing you to realize this? And I question myself that too. I was so blind, and I regret that."

He wanted to tell her the three words, but he decided not to at the moment. The time was not right.

Instead, he said, "Elsa, you are my life. You are like my dawn after a long dark night. You are the one who gave me morning. The only reason I am surviving this hellish life right now, the only reason I still want to live, is you. Let me make it up to you, honey. Let me do what I should have done the moment I saw you. Please, let me love you."

Even though he said the word "love," he did not say he loved her. He wanted to deserve her first before saying those words.

Elsa was speechless. Everything Jeremy had said to her and her family had taken her by surprise. What was going on with Jeremy? What stunt was he pulling by doing all this?

Elsa did not trust him.

A remarriage... Mmmh! That might help with her plans.

She did need the trust of Jeremy and his family in order to execute that part of her plans against Jeremy.

With that in mind, Elsa just nodded. She did not say anything, she just nodded.

That was enough for Jeremy. He took out the ring and reached out to Elsa's left hand that was initially in her jacket pocket.

Jeremy pushed the ring onto Elsa's ring finger that had been empty since she threw her wedding ring at Jeremy years ago.

When the diamond ring was on her finger, Elsa looked at it. She suddenly let out a silent chuckle. Her smile was really intriguing, and Jeremy couldn't see through it.

Jeremy stood up with a smile, then began to lean into Elsa while staring at her lips.

He had been dreaming about them since the first day they met. Even when he was angry and punishing her, he would always kiss her afterwards because he enjoyed it so much. He didn't like what he had done before and hated himself for it, but he didn't regret the stolen kisses. He wished he could erase all the bad things he had done, but keep those kisses, just without the tears, blood, and pain.

Seeing that Jeremy was about to kiss her, Elsa knew she had to avoid it. So she threw herself into his arms and buried her face in his chest. Jeremy was taller than her, so hugging him closely and tightly was a way to keep her face out of his reach.

This gesture made Jeremy smile regardless. "Thank you, Elsa. Thank you for this," he said, hugging her back and playing with her hair.

Elsa didn't want to stay in the cemetery with Jeremy, not because she didn't want to be with her family, but because looking at the children's little graves triggered her to hurt him. So she took his hand and started pulling him away. "Let's go back to the villa. I feel so tired and want to sleep."

"Sure," Jeremy replied, more than glad to take Elsa home.

***

When they reached the villa, Jeremy opened the car door and helped Elsa out.

As they walked from the driveway to the front door, Jeremy had something he wanted to say. "Elsa... About the child we miscarried and the daughter we lost, I-"

The mention of the children made Elsa interrupt him immediately. "No, don't. I don't want to talk about that. Can we not go into that subject?"

She wanted to keep the words and the rage inside her brewing, preserved for the day she was going to take his life. If she talked about it, she might calm down and go easy on Jeremy, and she wasn't going to allow that to happen.

Jeremy had tried to find out what happened to the baby, and Victoria paid someone to tell him that Elsa gave birth in prison and lost the child there due to complications during birth. The child died shortly after being born. But that didn't make him feel any less worse about it. He should have been there helping Elsa and making sure the pregnancy was fine.

Before Jeremy could say anything back to Elsa,

"Jeremy!"

A too familiar voice was heard. They both turned around and saw Victoria running towards them.