chapter 397

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

To be fair, Elsa was the only woman Jeremy had ever seen naked.

Even with Gwen, she was not naked when she took off her dress that evening. And that was where Jeremy's memories ended.

When he woke up, he did not look at Gwen sleeping next to him. He looked away from her body.

But he wasn't as disgusted by her as he was feeling with Victoria at that moment.

Jeremy remembered being completely wasted the time he had gotten Victoria 'pregnant'.

It was only from Victoria's words the following morning that he came to know they had slept together.

Yet right now, he found himself repulsed by the vague silhouette of Victoria in the shower.

But how was that so?

He compared it to Elsa. He had slept with Elsa multiple times. He said he was disgusted by her, but he still could not stop himself from touching her.

It turned out that he was just unable to restrain his emotions, but when he found out about it, it was too late.

If he loved Victoria before, why was it so hard for him to look at her body?

"Sob, sob... Why, sob... Why me..." Victoria's sorrowful wails sounded from inside.

At that, Jeremy grabbed the bedsheets and walked into the bathroom with his gaze lowered, wrapping them around Victoria. "Come out."

Pulling her out of the bathroom, he realized that Victoria did not look as ill from the incident as he had been told.

Displeasure swam in his cold eyes as anger began to brew between his brows.

He had to fill in the pieces of this rape incident immediately, lest it was another pity performance to manipulate him.

"Jeremy!" Victoria walked over and dove into Jeremy's chest, her arms clinging around him like an octopus.
"Why, Jeremy? Why did something like this happen to me? They took turns torturing me. It hurts. Why me? I feel so disgusting, I feel so dirty! You don't want me anymore, do you, Jeremy? Do you feel like your angel's tainted now..."

Jeremy's fingertips instinctively bent at Victoria using the nickname 'Angel'.

His Angel.

Jeremy suddenly felt something attack his memory....

"Angel, don't! The ship looks like it's about to explode. If you go and save him, you are risking your life as well."

He stood there confused, furrowing his eyebrows. Was that a memory from the day of the explosion?

Was the girl who saved him called Angel?

Those words felt like they had been carried by the wind and into his ear.

The girl was called Angel? Was she an actual angel?

And was that angel truly this woman standing in front of him?

Jeremy frowned deeply at the internal conflict.

Jeremy's lack of reaction had Victoria pushing herself away from his chest. She was about to start threatening suicide now so she could get to Jeremy.

But before she did, Jeremy asked her calmly, "You're the one who got people to kidnap Elsa, right?"

When Victoria heard that, her eyes went wide as she froze. "What are you saying, Jeremy? Why would I do such a thing?"

Jeremy tilted his head to the side and asked with a little smile, "Wouldn't you?"

"Of course not!" Victoria lied through her teeth. "Is your distrust for me that strong, Jeremy?"

"Distrust," Jeremy repeated that word and gave an ironic smile. Without saying anything more, Jeremy walked out of the room and left.