chapter 342

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead, for evil finds lodging among them. Elsa thought these words and smiled.

She then looked at Esther with a confused expression on her face. “What are you talking about, Mrs. Rowland?”

Victoria was shaking to her core; today was surely not her day. She wanted to stop Esther from talking, but she couldn’t reach her in time.

“Elsa, listen to me. Jenna Halverson gave you a necklace, right? That necklace is very important,” Esther said urgently.

Elsa still had the necklace, so she asked quietly, “How?”

Esther looked impatient to get the details out as she said, “Jenna used to say, ‘the angel hides the lion cub.’ That is what that necklace means.”

Elsa narrowed her eyes in confusion. She remembered reading those words in her mother’s journal, but they were very confusing. She didn’t think they meant anything. The necklace did have an angel on it, but she never saw a lion cub.

Victoria knew she had to stop Esther from talking further. “Mom!” She ran to her and held her hand tightly, glaring at her to signal her to stop talking. But due to fear, Esther did not take the hint.

She turned to Mrs. McConnell. “Rosanna, I’m so sorry. I have lied to you for many years now.”

Rosanna looked at Esther with interest and walked closer to her. “What do you mean? How have you lied to me?”

Victoria panicked and tried to find a way to shut Esther up, but she couldn’t think of what to say without drawing suspicion to herself.

Esther looked at Rosanna with fear in her eyes. Not fear of her, but fear of Jenna coming for her if she did not confess. She took a deep breath before saying, “Elsa is your daughter!”

Elsa froze in shock at those words. What was Esther talking about? How could Rosanna be her mother?

Rosanna’s face turned pale. She too froze in shock. But after a few seconds, she brushed off that look on her face. She had done a DNA test on Elsa, and it came out negative. How could Elsa be her daughter? “Esther, is this some kind of joke? How can this woman be my daughter?” she asked, her tone was terrible towards Elsa.

Elsa could only hope those words weren’t true. How could Rosanna be her mother? Jenna was her mother. That was what she knew.

She thought the confession would be about Rosanna being her aunt or something, or about finding out if Carter was her dad. She did not think the confession would be about Rosanna being her mother. That couldn’t be true. Elsa refused to believe it.

Esther was crying. She shook her head at Rosanna’s words. “It’s not a joke, I assure you.” She then turned to Victoria. “Vic, tell her I’m not lying. Tell her the truth before Jenna comes for you too. You have hurt Elsa before; you won’t be spared.”