chapter 348

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Outside the gates...

Do you remember the words from the DC comic book, “Look up in the sky! It’s a bird!... It’s a plane!”?

Well, when Elsa looked up in the sky, she did not see a bird or a plane. Not even Superman.

What she saw was a flashback of a situation just like this, where she had taken a child with her and ended up getting arrested for kidnapping.

This situation could be different because she actually knew this child’s parents, but it was a situation she did not want to revisit that night.

Her eyes left the dark sky, and she looked at the little boy standing next to her. He had walked up to her and held her leg. Then, he lifted his beautiful eyes to look at Elsa while smiling, showing her his adorable dimples.

“Braden, sweetheart... I can’t take you with me,” Elsa told Braden.

The innocent, anticipating smile instantly disappeared from the boy’s face. He pouted as his eyes welled up with tears.

“You don’t want me too?” he asked with a painful little voice.

Too? What did Braden mean by, “too”?

Elsa immediately felt guilty, especially seeing the sadness on his adorable face. “Braden... Braden, don’t cry.” Elsa comforted in a gentle voice.

However, the little boy could not control his tears. They rolled down his full cheeks freely. Elsa picked up the child and comforted him with a gentle voice. “Of course I want you silly. Don’t ever think otherwise.” She looked around in confusion. What was she going to do?

When Braden still did not stop crying despite Elsa’s comforting words, Elsa sighed deeply. She then said in her head, “Screw it.” She was taking the child.

Because, in all honesty, she wanted him around just as much.

“It’s okay, baby. You don’t have to cry. You want to go with me, right?”

Braden nodded while wiping his tears from his cheeks slowly.

“Then you can come with me.”

And just like magic, a little smile immediately appeared on Braden’s face.

He hugged Elsa, wrapping his little arms around her neck. That was his “thank you.” That was his “I don’t ever want to let you go.” Elsa tapped his back gently to soothe him. She couldn’t help but wonder why this child wanted to go with her so badly in the first place.

She then walked over to the gatekeeper. “Moses!... Moses!” Moses came quickly to Elsa. “Yes, madam.”

At that exact moment, Jeremy was making his way out of the house. By standing on his porch, he could see Elsa standing by the gate with Braden in her arms as she talked to Moses, the gatekeeper.