battle of la

a very special a/n - welcome to the first story of the book! thank u for reading and please vote!!

y/n's pov
i sit on the pole as i do a quick post to instagram post, taking out my phone. 

__________________

⚪️spiderwoman

liked by arianagrande, haileesteinfeld and 94,193,334 others

spiderwoman   can you tell i'm smiling

view all 1,356,293 comments

user7   not really no

user1   smash

user4   ever since y/n revealed she's spider-woman ive had a fatter crush on her

user9   swing me to school pls gas is too expensive i am a broke high school student

__________________

"okay," i breathe out, putting my phone away and standing up. i look down at la, jumping off and diving. THWIP! a web shootings to a building, swinging me up as i make my way to the stadium.

i hear the cheers as i swing over the stadium. i smile, letting go of the web.

olivia's pov
i take someone's phone, stretching my arms out to get us in the frame as they were in the higher part of the stadium. i take three, turning around and handing it back with a smile. i hear the crowd erupt into cheers, and i furrow my eyebrows, turning around to face the stadium.

i stare at y/n as she swings into the stadium, landing on ucla's side. what was she doing here?

y/n and i didn't officially date. i mean, there were rumors everywhere that we were dating. but we never did. we started talking after we had met at a halloween party for about half a year. i dressed up as literal cheese, completing iris' bacon. no regrets.

y/n and i met up numerous times. we went out for dinners, lunch, breakfast. we kinda treated it like a date- well, by that, i mean y/n always opened the door for me and pulled out my chair. but that was almost half a year ago. 

but because y/n was spider-woman and i was working on my second album, we kind of just drifted apart. our communication stopped after y/n hearted my message. it was weird to think that i almost dated y/n parker. spider-woman. almost.

i still think about her more often than i'd like to admit. even more than i thought about my exes after failed relationships. my friends have told me that she probably doesn't think about me, but i didn't care. okay, i did a little. maybe she does think about me... slim chance. she was spider-woman, she had more priorities. but did she think we were friends? more than that? i'll never know.

i keep my eyes on the big billboard screen as they focus on y/n. i read the description they had of her. 'y/n parker' and under it 'spider-woman'. i watch as she waves to people, her hand going to her mask. i smile as she pulls it off, her hair falling down almost perfectly. she was beautiful.

she looks up at herself on the screen, keeping a smile on her face as the crowd cheers when she waves to the camera, laughing.

y/n's pov , ten minutes later
i look up at the people above me as they call my name out. "hi!" i exclaim, smiling as i wave. a few phones get pulled out, if not already filming. i place my fingertips on the wall, starting to crawl up. 

my ears pick up the roars from the crowd, and i stick my feet onto the wall, taking a phone that was handed to me. i use my hand that was holding my mask to hold onto the railing as i stretch my other arm out, getting the person in the picture too. i smile and take a few pictures, moving along.

i meet a few cheerleaders and some players of the football team. i wonder when they actually start.

i look up as i hear a familiar song. one of the songs that were played 'coincidentally' while i was eating in a restaurant, or shopping. 

why would they play 'good 4 u' here? at a football game? i look up at the screens as i see olivia rodrigo, in a red and yellow usc sweater, red and yellow dotted paint on her face. she was at the game?

i smile as she does small jumps with peace signs in the air, a wide smile on her face. "olivia rodrigo, songwriter and actress," i read the banner under the camera in my head. it's funny that we were going for opposite sides.

i stay in line as it was the halftime break, going to get a drink. "hey," i hear a calm voice. i turn around, seeing olivia walking up to me. "oh, hey," i smile. olivia smiles too, "football fan, huh?" i chuckle, looking around as olivia stands beside me. i lean closer and a little down to her, whispering, "i don't really know a thing." olivia laughs, looking at me as i stand up straight again. "neither, don't worry. i keep looking at the scoreboard every time everyone cheers," she smiles, "how'd they get you here?" "uh... by an offer of a bit of money," i admit, "but i taught a lesson of biophysics here to a class about a year ago, so i figured i might as well go see the battle of la. how about you?" "i get that," olivia chuckles, "i took a poetry class here." "ah," i nod, "like, consistently?" "oh, no," olivia shakes her head, "literally one." i smile, "so... who's winning so far?" olivia laughs, "shut up! it's half time. we still got the second half, and we'll come back." "i doubt it," i say, "ucla's pretty good." "'cause they have you on their side," olivia smiles. i move up the line, seeing i was second. "that's right," i agree, "did you want anything?" "oh, i'm good, thanks," olivia says, "why didn't you get someone to get it for you?" "because that's kinda pretentious and egotistical," i say, "felt bad. plus, might as well walk around." 

i get a burger and bottle of water, looking up at the menu above. my eyes go to the iced matcha latte. i smile, looking back at the worker, "could i get a large iced matcha latte with that too, please?"

we stand to the side. "you drink matcha lattes now?" olivia asks. "nope," i chuckle, "i got that for you. if you want it." "aw, really?" olivia asks, smiling. "yeah," i smile, "i still don't get why you like them so much!" "oh, shut up," liv laughs. "like, the taste just isn't... enjoyable," i sigh. "hot people like matcha." "so why're you drinking it?" i ask, olivia and i laughing as she gives a playful slap to my shoulder.

we start to head back to the field, and i look at olivia as she drinks from the straw. "how's the taste of earth?" i ask. olivia disconnects from the straw, swallowing with an, "ah." i smile. "so good," olivia says, "you're missing out. try some." "no thanks," i decline. "come on! just a sip," olivia brings the straw to my lips.

i take a sip, scrunching my face. "the face of realization... spider-woman realizing that matcha is the best drink ever to exist," olivia grins at me. "no, other way around," i say, "that is terr-" "oh, spider-woman and olivia rodrigo! can we get a picture?!"

we both look at the group of three girls. "um, yeah! sure!" olivia exclaims. the girls go beside olivia and i, and one hands a phone to me. "are you able to take the picture?" she asks. "no problem," i respond, holding the phone up. i try to get everyone in the frame, moving closer to olivia.

i wrap my arm around olivia's waist, leaving it on her hip and everyone smiles for the photo. olivia's hand goes on top of mine. wish i didn't have my suit on right now. i take five photos, and then bring the phone back down.

olivia's hand stays on mine as the girls move, and i hand the phone back. "thank you so much," the blonde says, looking at her phone before looking up again. "no problem," i smile, "enjoy the game! go bruins!" olivia laughs, looking at me, "no, go trojans!"

olivia takes her hand off mine, and i take it off her hip as we face each other. "i wanna see those photos," olivia tells me. "oh, we'll see them on twitter," i say. olivia smiles, and we start to walk as olivia sips her matcha.