time - two

a/n - please voteee

i don't know how long olivia and i have been talking in this grocery stare. time's flown by, but if i had to estimate, i'd say around ten minutes. not one second of awkward silence. that's just how we were, even after all these months.

"i should... get back home," olivia decides to end the conversation after she checks the time, "this is kind of a last minute grocery shop, mom's waiting for me at home." "cooking for her tonight?" i ask, smiling. "we're cooking together," olivia smiles, "homemade pizza." "homemade pizza is so good," i say, recalling the time olivia and i made homemade pizza. we wasted half the flour because we threw it at each other. 

olivia nods, "come over!" i wasn't sure if she was joking. "oh, i wish," i chuckle. "no, seriously. you should come! my mom brought you up a few days ago, she misses you," olivia says. yeah, i met olivia's parents. they loved me. no big deal.

"seriously?" i ask, "are you sure?" "so sure," olivia says. "okay, i gotta go home and put this away so you can text me when to come over, i'll come," i laugh, "you still have my number, right?" "obviously," liv chuckles, "see you soon, y/n."

i close my eyes as olivia gives me a polite, yet warm, hug. "see you soon," i rub her back before letting go.

i pick up my phone, getting a text from olivia.

'hi!! i told my mom you're coming over and she's so excited lol'

'you can come over now :)) we'll start making it when you're here'

i smile, texting her back.

'perfect!! can't wait to see your mom i'll be there in twenty-ish :)'

olivia responds a second later. 

'see you soonnnn'

i knock on olivia's door, holding the flowers and a candle in a box. i was really excited to see olivia's mom. we were basically best friends. i wonder how she felt, knowing liv and i don't talk any more.

i look up as olivia opens the door. "hi, y/n!" olivia grins, pulling me in for a hug. "hi, sorry i took so long! just had to get you this," i say, handing her the flowers after puling away. "you're so sweet," olivia chuckles, "thank you! my mom's in the kitchen."

"y/n!" olivia's mom exclaims as i walk into olivia's kitchen. "hi, mrs rodrigo," i laugh, hugging her. "oh, you can still call me jenn, y/n," jennifer says, laughing too. "okay, jenn. these are for you," i say, "i haven't given you candles in a while." "oh, i miss them," jennifer smiles, taking the candle box i was holding.

olivia's pov
it was such a relieving sight to see y/n and mom still so close. louis has met my mom once, but they didn't get as close as y/n and mom did when they first met. i swear y/n spent more time talking to mom than me that night. i hope louis could get close with mom like y/n has, but i just have a feeling y/n's always gonna be mom's favorite.

i smile at the sight, going to wash my hands as y/n and mom talk. i walk to the bathroom, turning the tap on. a few seconds later as i start to rub my hands together, y/n walks in. "hey," she smiles. "hi," i can't help but giggle. i turn the tap off after washing the soap off, y/n scrunching her face as i flick water onto her face. 

i laugh, going to run out of the bathroom. i squeal as y/n's hands go to my waist, restricting me to run. marvel training's going well. i turn around, smiling at y/n. "i'm gonna tell your mom," y/n smiles, "right after i wash my hands."

y/n and i walk to the kitchen. "jenn!" y/n calls out. mom looks at her, smiling. "your daughter splashed water on me," y/n says as i laugh. "no, i didn't!" i exclaim. "now she's lying! i'm sorry you have to see this," y/n sighs.

i watch as mom walks to the bathroom. "i wonder what plain flour tastes like," y/n says, standing beside me. "try it," i say. y/n scoops up some flour, eating it. she scrunches a weird face, "tastes like nothing. powdery. wait, let me try again." "and this time it'll be different?" i ask, smiling. "maybe," y/n shrugs. she takes more than she did before, putting it in her mouth.

i scrunch my face as y/n turns to me and blows flour all over my face. "that's disgusting!" i laugh, before wiping the smile off my face. i furrow my eyebrows, squeezing my eyes shut, "y/n, i think it got in my eye... it's stinging really bad." get me an emmy.

"what?" i hear y/n's voice go into panic mode, hearing a step toward me. her hand goes to mine, trying to pull my hand off my eye. i use my other hand to grab flour, throwing it at y/n. y/n laughs, jerking away, "good one!" she quickly looks back, getting flour on her finger tips.

i freeze as y/n places her hand on my jaw. like she did when we kiss the first and only time. only this time, y/n smudges flour all over my cheek.

"oh my gosh..." mom says, chuckling as she walks back to the kitchen, looking around as there was flour on the table and floor. and on y/n and i. "it was olivia's fault," y/n throws me under the bus. "wha- no it wasn't! y/n ate flour and blew it in my face," i tell mom. "why would i eat flour and then blow it in your face?" y/n laughs, "plus, i think you can get norovirus from blowing flour that's already been in someone's mouth. apparently you get diarrhea and vomit for two days." "shut up," i whisper in disbelief, heart almost stopping as i look at y/n as she grins.

"i'm kidding," y/n laughs, "i mean, i don't have norovirus. so you can't have it... maybe. let me know if you start having diarrhea or vomit tomorrow, okay?" "you're so annoying!" i laugh, pushing y/n.

we sit at the dining table and start to eat the pizza, y/n beside me and mom opposite me. "so y/n, what have you been up to?" mom asks. "i've been filming my new movie and touching it up because we're almost done filming," y/n says, "just been really busy, but it's a relief to be here with you guys again." i smile softly, looking away.

after dinner, y/n decides to go home. "this was really nice," y/n says, "are you sure you don't want me to help with the washing?" "no, it's okay. we'll throw it in the dishwasher," i smile. "okay," y/n smiles, "it was really nice to catch up with you guys, thank you for dinner."

i close my eyes as y/n hugs me, rubbing my back. i chuckle as she rocks us side to side, before letting go after a few minutes. "we should catch up more often," y/n smiles at me. "yeah," i smile, watching her hug mom.

y/n leaves after i walk her to her car, and i walk back inside. i sit beside mom in the living room, and we look at each other. "i missed y/n," mom smiles. "me too," i smile at mom's love for y/n, like she was her own daughter. "maybe you should've fought for her harder. i know you guys weren't together, but you have fun with y/n, olivia. i can see it. even though you guys made a mess in the kitchen, you're yourself. you love spending time with her, i know you missed her. i missed you with her, too."

i sigh, "i know, mom. it's too late to change anything, anyways. y/n's seeing someone else. so am i, remember?" "she's seeing someone else?" mom asks. "yeah," i breathe out, "hailee steinfeld." "oh, the girl from pitch perfect? i love that movie!" mom exclaims. "that's her," i chuckle. "she's pretty," mom says. "yeah, i hope she treats y/n well," i say, "y/n's a really great girl. she deserves someone who treats her like she deserves." "maybe you can be that girl if things don't work out between you and louis," mom smiles. "no, i don't know," i sigh, "hailee and y/n are filming a movie together. it seems like they're good for each other." 

i take out my phone after i finish talking, smiling as i read y/n's message.

'hey liv thank you again for having me over i missed you and your mom so muchh'

i quickly respond, before turning my phone off. "was that y/n?" mom asks. "it was," i chuckle, placing my phone on my lap. "are you guys gonna continue talking?" mom asks, making me think. "um... i mean, maybe," i say, "but i don't know. i have louis now." we both knew he wasn't as good as y/n.

mom places a hand on my knee, "do what's best for you, olivia. you deserve everything."