battle of la - two

a/n - please vote!

i look onto the field, seeing the teams on the field, yet to play. "want a bite of my burger before we go?" i ask. "hmmm," olivia hums, before smiling, "okay."

i unwrap the burger, and bring it to olivia's mouth. she takes a bite, and i look around as she chews. i look back after a few seconds, and olivia does her last swallow. "good?" i ask. "really good, actually," olivia chuckles, "i think they made it extra good for you, spider-woman." i chuckle, "i wish. do you want some more?" "i might go buy my own," olivia says, looking back at where we came from, "ah, but i'm not that hungry." "no need," i say, "eat whatever you want, i'll have the rest." "no," olivia shakes her head, "i'm not doing that." "liv," i say, "i'm not that hungry, too. i promise. we can half it." "are you sure?" olivia asks. "so sure," i smile.

i look at liv, seeing her chew fast. "liv, you don't have to speed up," i laugh, "take your time, it's okay." olivia smiles, nodding. we watch the game, and olivia finishes a little less than half the burger. "thank you so much," she says, handing the burger to me. "are you full?" i ask. "yeah," she says, "and i've got my drink." "okay," i smile. "thank you," olivia thanks again, "do you, like, wanna hang out after the game? unless you're busy, i totally get it." "no, i'm free," i smile. "okay," olivia puts a smile on her face too, "um, where should we meet?" "i'll find you," i say. "perfect," olivia breathes out. "perfect," i say. we both look at the field as they start to announce that the second half would start in a few minutes. "we should probably go," olivia says. "we should," i chuckle, "i'd... walk to your side, but the backlash i'd get from ucla and usc... no thank you." olivia laughs, placing her hand on my bicep as she does so. my heart skips a beat.

olivia's pov
forgot how built y/n was. "it's okay," i chuckle, "i'll see you soon. thank you for the burger and drink." "see you," y/n says, "no problem." i slide my hand off her bicep, and y/n gives me a smile before turning around.

i watch as she shoots a web to the railing of the stairs. she pulls herself to it with one hand, the other one holding her bag and mask. she lands on it, springing her legs off and boosting her up. i smile, watching as she shoots a web to the football post, doing a big swing to land on her side. i chuckle, looking away and walking to my side.

"you talked to y/n," iris smiles. "i did, and we're hanging out after this," i smile too, "she's... still sweet as ever. she got me a drink and let me have half of her burger. like, she's too good to be true." "girlfriend material," iris winks, "your girlfriend." "i wish," i admit, "it'd be hard to find a partner. being spider-woman. you'd have barely and time, and so many people would want you for the fame." "could say the same to you," iris says. "i know... but i'm not the world's only superhero," i shrug, taking a sip of my drink, "it's like being the world's only artist. could you imagine?"

i look away from the game, looking at y/n in the distance. she wasn't hard to find. she takes a gulp of her water, keeping her eyes on the game.

y/n's pov
i look at olivia as the game continues. i smile as she waves at the camera. i look up as she was on the big screen. she looks so happy to be here. 

i cheer as ucla wins the game, beating them by 18 points. wonder how olivia feels.

everyone starts to make their way out, and i take a lot of photos with other people, saying 'bye' to them. i look over on the other side of the field, seeing olivia taking photos with other people. i jump and swing to her.

olivia looks around as i swing, letting go of the web. i swing too fast, heading right for her. "woah!" olivia squeals as i land in front of her, my hands going to her waist as i stumble forward just a little. olivia laughs as she looks at me. "that... was on purpose," i say, "just letting you know i'm here. nice win we got, huh?" "shut up," olivia smiles, glancing down at my hands before she looks back up at me. i let go of her waist.

"should we wait for everyone to leave?" olivia asks, watching the hundred of people make their way to the exit, "i don't really wanna get trampled." "well..." i smile, "you're also talking to spider-woman." "no," olivia laughs, "i think i'l throw up the burger and my matcha if we swing." "because the matcha was shit? yeah, good call." "no, because- you know what? i give up," olivia says. "...on pretending to like matcha." "shut up!" olivia laughs again.

we sit down, and see two people walking over to us. "oh my god, are we able to get a picture?" the guy asks. "hey! no problem," i say, standing up. "how was the game? who did you guys go for?" olivia asks, glancing at me with a smile before looking back at the couple. "usc," the guy sighs, "we played alright." "ucla's just better, i guess," i sigh too. "hey," olivia chuckles, side-bumping me with her shoulder.

i smile for the picture, and olivia's arms go around me, side hugging me as she leaves her head on my shoulder. i put an arm around her, leaving it on her forearm. olivia closes her eyes, smiling widely.

olivia and i decide to start to walk out of the stadium, half the people still going out. "so where are we going?" olivia asks. "um... i was just about to ask you," i smile, looking at her. "shit," olivia chuckles. olivia looks at me too and we smile at each other.

i look away as i hear someone call out 'y/n'. i look at the phone that was held above, a few people in front. i chuckle, olivia looking up too. i wave at the camera, and olivia smiles. the phone goes down a few seconds later. i laugh as i hear the same person yell out 'thanks!'. "you're welcome!" i yell back.

i look at olivia as she gets pushed forward, making her stumble. "are you okay?" i ask, chuckling. "um... i hope so," olivia asks, laughing. i smile, taking her hand.

i take a breath as we finally get through the line. "now... where?" olivia asks. i look behind me, seeing people following. could be a coincidence. maybe not. "um, did you drive here?" i ask. "i did," olivia nods.

i open the passenger door for olivia, looking around as she walks closer, saying 'thank you'. i hold go of her hand the until i can't reach anymore. "all good," i say, "legs in." i close the door, walking to the other side.

i get in, starting to drive away from the stadium. i look in the rear view mirror, remembering the car behind us, just in case. "you're very skeptical," olivia says. "i know," i say, "sorry, i just don't want us getting into shit when we're hanging out." "it's okay," olivia chuckles, "thank you." i hum in response.

"so... you taught a class in ucla? did you wanna be a teacher?" olivia asks. "oh, no," i laugh, "that was just for fun." olivia laughs. "they paid me to come in and teach a biophysics class for a lesson," i say, "it was really fun." "that seems so cool," olivia says, "imagine if i did biophysics instead of poetry and that was the day you taught the class." i laugh, "that would be funny." "never touching science, though." "were you not good at science?" i ask, glancing at her as she keeps her eyes on me. "i don't think so," olivia says, "but it'd be a flex to be good at science." "maybe in another life we'd be swapped," i say. "that'd be cool," olivia says, "but i like you as spider-woman. there's no one in this world that deserves it more than you."

it was weird to think that it was me who got bit by a spider when there's almost eight billion other people. it was also weird to think about how different my life was when i finally took down the maggia, the biggest crime organization empire... with the small cost of my identity. long story short, half of my suit was ripped. thank god it wasn't near my breasts or ass. if my identity wasn't revealed, everyone would just walk past me like i was... not spider-woman. no paparazzi. like how it used to be. like i was normal.

"thanks, liv," i smile. olivia leans over and takes the mask from my lap. she closely examines the lens. "how do you move the lens?" she asks. "with my eyes," i answer. "but, like, how?" she chuckles. "i squint my eyes to zoom in, and the eye slits will go in," i say, "it can help me focus and dial my senses if i'm not zooming in. it's also fun to express yourself when you're... beating up criminals or something. adds to my great humor." olivia laughs, "sure, y/n."