new year - nine

a/n - please vote! last chapter! been super busy studying so i forgot to post oops

y/n's pov
i hold olivia's hand as we turn left out of her house, starting to walk. i look down at olivia's hand, intertwining it with mine. "so, how's life, babe?" olivia asks. "life's... pretty good," i smile, "i haven't cut in a long time." "that's what i like to hear," olivia giggles, "have you... thought about it?" 

i sigh, looking around, "honestly... not really. sometimes here and there, but not for that long." "that's good," olivia says, hugging my arm. "thank you, olivia," i tell her. "thank you for what? i didn't do anything." i see olivia look at me. "you... i'm getting better because of you. if it weren't for you, i would still be doing it, like, every day," i say, "i'm really thankful for you, olivia. thank you for being you." "awww," olivia giggles, "you're gonna make me cry!" "sorry," i chuckle, "i just wanted to let you know that i am really grateful that i have you in my life. i feel like i don't say it enough." "you show it," olivia smiles, "i really grateful for you, too, y/n. i'm really glad i make you happy."

olivia and i walk around for almost two hours, just talking about life. that's what i loved about us. we could just talk and talk. we never had an awkward silence where either of us was trying to think of a conversation starter.

olivia locks the door with her free hand as we get into her house. "that was really good," she says, "we should do that more often." "yeah, agreed," i nod, leading olivia upstairs.

i turn around to olivia, "i'm gonna shower now." "okay," olivia smiles, letting go of my hand, "see you soon, i guess." "see you," i laugh, pressing my lips on olivia's. olivia kisses me back, pulling away. she smiles, giving me one more kiss.

i open the shower door, quickly placing my hands on olivia's waist as we almost run into each other. "oh, hi," she breathes out. "hey," i smile, "are you going to the bathroom?" "i am," she grins. "okay," i chuckle, kissing olivia's lips before letting go of her waist.

i feel lips on my cheek, and i look away from the pot of boiling pasta, and at olivia. "sorry, i showered," she says. "no, i could hear the water running," i chuckle, "are you okay with pasta tonight?" "sounds great," olivia says, "need help?"

i laugh at olivia as she wipes the tears, cutting the onions. "love," i smile, "are you okay?" "i'm good," olivia laughs. "here, i can do the onions," i say, walking to her, "cut the tomato for me?" "thank you," olivia smiles, kissing my cheek as she walks past.

"i feel like i'm doing something right now," olivia says as she stirs the spoon around the already finished pasta. "you are," i laugh, getting the plates out. 

olivia and i sit on the couch, eating our pasta as we watch netflix. "so good," olivia says after she swallows. i smile, looking at her, "made with love."  "i can taste it," olivia smiles back at me.

2 weeks later
i smile as olivia runs up the hill, holding our coke cans as her arms swing back and forth. "liv, they're gonna explode when we open it!" i yell as i hold the picnic basket. "no it won't!" olivia laughs. i smile, shaking my head and following her.

i sit beside olivia after putting the picnic blanket under us, looking at the view. "pretty good, huh?" i ask. "yeah," olivia says, catching her breath. i smile, opening the picnic basket.

"are you ready?" olivia asks, smiling as she holds one of the coke cans. "yes," i laugh. "okay," she looks at the can. she lifts the tab up and immediately, coke starts to pour out.

i burst out laughing, watching olivia's eyes widen. "fuck!" she laughs, quickly putting her lips to the hole. i continue to laugh as olivia sucks the coke that flows out, dripping down the can and onto her hand. i laugh harder as olivia laughs, making the coke in her mouth spit out in front of her.