time - three

a/n - please voteee

2 days later
i smile at hailee as we sit down in the restaurant. "did you film today?" i ask, handing her a menu. "i didn't," she shakes her head, "when was the last time you were on set?" "yesterday," i chuckle, "we're filming a scene together tomorrow." "yeah, i know," hailee smiles, "and another one with iman." "iman's so funny," i chuckle, "can't wait." "oh, i'm just ready for all the failed takes because of the laughing," hailee laughs too.

i look at the door that had opened as hailee starts to order her food. my smile fades, heart dropping as olivia walks in with louis.

what are the chances? there were a billion restaurants in la. i look away quickly as olivia looks in my direction as they walk deeper into the restaurant.

olivia's pov
shit. y/n's here. do we pick another restaurant to go to? too late. "hey, can i get a table for two, please?" louis says to the waiter at the desk. "of course, follow me."

this couldn't get any worse. i feel y/n's gaze as we get lead to the table right beside her. did the waiter do this to give me hell? fuck my life.

i sit down, opposite y/n's side on the table beside her. louis sits down opposite me, and we get a menu. still felt y/n looking at me.

y/n's pov
did she purposely choose the table right beside me? i look around, seeing a lot of empty tables throughout the restaurant. i look at hailee, "what did you get, again?" "i got... this burger," hailee laughs, "it was a weird name. i couldn't say it, i just pointed to it." "oh," i chuckle, "yeah, i feel like they do it on purpose half the time." "yeah," hailee chuckles too.

i look at olivia, and she looks at me. she presses her lips together, looking away as she looks at the menu. i look away too. hailee looks beside her, smiling as she recognizes olivia. shit.

"oh my god, hi!" hailee introduces herself. olivia looks at her, smiling, "hi, hailee! it's nice to meet you!" i politely greet louis, and olivia and i look at each other as hailee and louis say hi. "hi," i almost whisper. "hey," olivia smiles softly, "how are you?" "good," i nod, "and you?" "good, too," olivia responds.

it was weird to have a such civil talk. well, it was also weird to have our almost-partners seated next to each other.

eventually, louis and olivia and go to order their food, and hailee and i look back at each other. "can't believe the chances," hailee whispers, smiling. "me neither," i smile.

"you were amazing at the jingleball! i'm glad i get to tell you in person," hailee strikes up the conversation with olivia again. olivia laughs, "y/n told me, but thank you for saying it! you were also so good." 

while olivia and hailee talk, i feel two taps on my shoulder. i look at louis, seeing him lean slightly over to me. what was so secretive?

"hey, so i know you and olivia sort of had a history," he whispers to me, looking at olivia and seeing her occupied. he looks back at me, "you should probably keep your distance with her. just... you know, have some respect on olivia and i's relationship. olivia's happy, don't ruin it."

i'm taken aback by his... almost threat, given by the tone. he gives me a smile as if nothing happened, sitting back up and looking at liv, joining into her conversation with hailee. didn't even want a response from me.

olivia's pov
i look at y/n as louis and hailee talk, seeing her almost staring at louis. i furrow my eyebrows, and y/n looks at me. she gives a small smile, before looking away and starting to eat her fries. maybe i'll ask her what's wrong later.

we all end up talking as we eat, y/n staying the quietest out of all of us. y/n and hailee finish first, standing up to go home. "it was so nice to meet you guys," hailee says. "see you," y/n smiles, mainly at me and glancing at louis for a split second.