new year - eight

a/n - please vote!

my heart drops, and so do my hands from her shoulder. i swallow nervously. what do i even say?

y/n's pov
what do i even say? of course i... i feel like i love olivia. maybe? god, what does love even feel like? i didn't know what to do. my parents loved each other, look at them now. i'm not saying that we'll turn into them, but i don't want olivia to regret loving me.

"um..." i sigh, "i need to go to the bathroom. i'm sorry."

i walk past olivia, walking to the bathroom. i close the door behind me, taking a deep sigh.

olivia's pov
i stare in front of me. it was too early. i knew it was too early to say it. but i really thought y/n would say it back. did i just ruin everything?

i wipe the tears as they fall down my cheek, walking out of the closet and downstairs. 

"she didn't say it back," i tell conan, iris and madison on the phone. "you told her?" iris asks. "yeah," i sigh, "i told her i love her and she responded with 'oh'." "oh shit," conan says. "i know, and then she went to the bathroom after we stared at each other for, like, a whole minute," i say, "now she's in the bathroom, and i'm downstairs."

i hang up after conan, madison and iris reassure me for almost twenty minutes. i place my phone beside me, sighing and closing my eyes.

i feel the couch sink down, and i open my eyes, seeing y/n sitting by my feet. "i'm sorry," she says, looking at me. "you don't have to be sorry for how you feel," i tell her, sitting up. "no, it's- i'm sorry," she says. "y/n, i wanted you to know that i love you, not for you to reciprocate it back," i explain, "they don't come with expectations or promises. i just wanted to let you know how i feel, like if i told you i was cold." "i'm sorry," she apologizes, "it's just hard to express myself, you know?" i understood. she keeps everything inside of her. "and i... my parents told me they love me after some fights that they had, especially if it was bad. i'm sorry that i'm always relating things back to my parents." "no, i understand," i nod. "and i'm sorry i reacted badly upstairs." "no, don't be," i say, "like i said, i'm just telling you how i feel." 

y/n sighs, and i move closer to her. "i'm not gonna pressure you into saying it," i say, "i just want you to know that i love you." y/n smiles slightly, "thank you." "of course." "i... i'm really falling in love with you every day, olivia. just give me more time, i promise," she says. "no, don't say that," i shake my head, "it's no pressure." "i know," she nods, "but i promise i'm not leading you on." "i didn't think that, not for a second." "good," y/n says, "i'll tell you when i feel it." "okay," i smile, closing my eyes as y/n leans forward, pressing her lips on mine.

i laugh as y/n peppers her lips on mine. i lean back onto the couch, laying down as y/n moves on top of me. "y/n?" i ask once she stops kissing me. "yeah?" she asks, face to face with me. "do you want me to stop saying it?" i ask, "i don't want you to feel like you're pressured to say it back, or it goes awkward." y/n smiles, "no, i really like when you tell me you love me. trust me." "okay," i grin, y/n pressing her nose on the side of mine. "what should i say back?" y/n asks. "you should say... 'me too'," i smile, closing my eyes. y/n chuckles, kissing the corner of my lip. 

i wake up, looking around. i smile, seeing my room. y/n must've taken me up. i look on the side, seeing y/n sleeping on her back, head turned to me. i smile, moving closer.

i close my eyes as my lips touch y/n's lightly. i place my hand on y/n's jaw, before pulling my lips away. i keep my nose touching hers. "i love you, y/n."

1 month later
"i think my whole closet is now in your house," y/n says as she brings two suitcases into my house, her parents not home. "moving in already," i grin, "need help bringing it upstairs?" "i think i got it," y/n says. 

i help y/n pack her suitcase into my closet. "have you talked to your parents lately?" i ask. "uh... no," she says, "why?" "just asking," i answer, placing one of her hoodies on the rail. definitely gonna be wearing that sometime. y/n sighs, and i look at her.

she holds the jacket she normally wears, hand inside the pocket. her finger was through the pocket of the jacket. "it got ripped from the blade," she tells me, "i still haven't fixed it yet." "do you know how to sew?" i ask. "no idea," she says, putting it on a coat hanger. my mom knows how to. i'll fix it for her when i see my mom next.

"there we go," i say, standing beside y/n as we look into the closet. "looks great," she says. y/n looks at me, and i look at her. "are you sure that you're okay with me staying here?" she asks. "what, do you think i'm gonna get bored or annoyed at you?" i ask, smiling. "maybe," she chuckles, "you'll never know." "y/n, i'm gonna be the one annoying you. i hope you don't regret this."

i hold y/n's jacket, all fixed, as i walk into the bedroom. "hey," y/n smiles, "how was your mom's?" "good," i say, throwing her jacket. y/n catches it in her lap, looking at me, "did you wear it?" "well... not yet," i say, "just check the pockets." y/n puts her hand through the pockets, then the other one. "there's nothing there," she says. "yeah, there's nothing there," i smile, walking over to her, "no... hole through it?" y/n furrows her eyebrows, putting her hand through the pocket. her eyes widen, and she smiles, "no way! did you sew it up?!" "well, my mom did," i grin. "it's as good as new," y/n chuckles, looking at me, "thank you. olivia. i really appreciate it." "of course," i smile, "i love you, y/n." 

y/n's cheeks immediately start to heat up, making me chuckle. "thank you," she says, wrapping her arms around me.

y/n smiles as i walk out in one of her hoodies after i shower. "looks cute on you," y/n says. "i know," i chuckle, laying beside her. "i feel like i'm always in bed," y/n sighs, "wanna do something?" "like what?" "like... a walk? and just talk about stuff, you know?" i grin, "of course. let's go."