the project - nine

a/n - please vote! last chapter!

olivia's pov
i open my locker, smiling as i see the picture of y/n and i after my musical stuck on the inside of my locker door. "yeah, i heard she was having a thing with olivia rodrigo."

i start to listen to the conversation between people i didn't even know beside me. "oh, the girl in y/n's posts and stories?" another asks. "yeah," the first girl confirms, "i don't know if it's a fling or something. she never posted any other the other girls she hooked up with." "she looks so pretty, though. and nice!" "yeah, she is! i accidentally bumped into her when it was totally my fault, and she apologized," another says. "imagine dating y/n garcia," the first girl sighs as she imagines. i smile. 

2 weeks later , valentine's day
i walk into school, seeing a lot of people wearing red, pink and white. i was one of those people. pink top, white skirt. y/n's gift was in my bag. i'm not sure if she got me anything, but i seriously wouldn't mind if she didn't. 

"hey! there you are," i hear y/n say behind me, and i feel her hand go to my waist, spinning me around. i laugh, looking at her as she had her other hand behind her back, "happy valentine's day, y/n." "happy valentine's, my liv," y/n says, taking her hand out from her back.

i smile widely at the bouquet of roses. "seriously?" i ask, giving her a happy frown. "seriously," y/n chuckles, "and wait, i have one more thing. these are for you." i take the flowers, "thank you, y/n." "just wait," she chuckles, quickly getting something out of her bag.

i laugh as she hands me a box of chocolates, in a red heart shaped container. bow tied around it, with a card stuck on which read 'happy valentine's day'. 

"you're so cute!" i exclaim. y/n laughs, "thanks, liv. will you be my valentine's?" "this wasn't already established?" i ask, smiling. "well, it is now," she laughs. "i have something for you, too," i say. y/n holds the roses and the chocolate as i go into my bag.

i get out a necklace box, putting my bag on my back again. i open the necklace box, showing the heart shaped locket to y/n.

y/n keeps her smile, looking up at me, "it's beautiful, liv. is it a locket?" "yes," i smile, "open it." y/n places the flowers and chocolate box in her arms, taking out the necklace. she opens it up, chuckling. 

it was a selfie we took at the lake. the greenery was amazing behind us. we had both posted it on our instagram stories and put it into a highlight just for each other. "god, i love this photo so much," y/n whispers, "thank you, olivia. can you put it on me, please?"

i adjust the necklace on y/n as she looks down to see it. "i think it's perfect," y/n says. "looks so pretty on you, y/n garcia. happy valentine's," i smile, closing my eyes as y/n kisses me for a second.

i walk into math, smiling as i see y/n looking down at her opened necklace. i walk up to her, leaning down as i stand beside her and and bend down. i press my lips against hers for a second, before y/n chuckles and moves away. "hey liv," y/n says as i sit beside her. "hi y/n," i respond, smiling. "do you wanna hang out after school?" "valentine's day date?" i grin. "yep!"

y/n looks around my room as i go into my closet, getting out a bikini piece. i get changed into it, putting my other clothes back on top. "ready?" y/n asks. "yep," i smile, "do i need a towel?" 
i've got some already," y/n smiles, holding my hand as we walk downstairs.

i hold my breath and close my eyes as i splash into the water, floating back up after a second or two. i laugh as y/n's quick to splash me, and i splash her back. 

i wrap my arms, then my legs around y/n. i move her wet hair out of her face, and her hands go to my waist. i lean down, closing my eyes as i kiss y/n.

y/n pulls away, and i giggle as she spins us around. i hug y/n, pressing my cheek against hers. "liv?" y/n asks. "yeah?" i ask back, looking at her. "i know we pretty much act like we're dating, but can i be your girlfriend?" y/n asks. "yes, of course," i laugh too, kissing y/n.

i look over at y/n as she drives us home. i smile, keeping my eyes on her. y/n looks at me, chuckling, "what?" "nothing i just... you're my girlfriend now! officially!" i squeal. y/n laughs, "right?! isn't that crazy?!"

closing my eyes as i laid my head on y/n's chest, i focus on her breathing as she scrolls on her phone. "liv?" y/n asks. "yes?" i whisper. "just seeing if you're awake," y/n says. "i am," i whisper, shuffling and laying fully on y/n.

she wraps one arm around me, other holding her phone. she laughs as i blow onto her neck, making me smile. "that tickles," y/n giggles, putting her phone down as i blow on her neck again.

i laugh as y/n rolls us over, keeping my laugh and scrunching my face as y/n blows all over my face and body. "y/n!" i laugh as y/n presses her lips on my neck, blowing on my neck to make a raspberry sound. 

y/n laughs, starting to pepper kiss my neck as i hold her waist. she makes her way up my neck, kissing my chin, then my lips. she keeps her lips on mine for longer, my arms wrapping around her neck.

i pull away, and y/n pecks my lips again as she smiles.

y/n's pov , a week later
i walk into the kitchen, getting a glass from the cupboard. "hey, we're gonna go out for mexican tonight," mom says. "sounds good," i say, starting to fill it up with water. "does olivia wanna come?" mom asks. i stop pressing the glass against the fridge, "i can ask her, if you want." "yeah, if you want her to come," mom says. "'course i do," i chuckle, "do you and dad want her to come?" "of course. your dad suggested it," mom says. "i'll call her now," i say, heading upstairs.

"hey!" olivia says as she answers my phone call. "hey, liv," i smile, "my parents were wondering if you wanted to have dinner with us tonight." "oh, i'd love that," i hear her smile. "okay, i'll tell my mom and i'll let you know what time," i say, "give me a sec."

i walk downstairs, still on call. "mom! olivia can go," i stay at the stairs, looking at mom on the couch. "oh, perfect!" mom looks at me, "we'll pick her up at six." "thank you, mrs garcia!" olivia yells from my phone. because it wasn't on speaker, it was pretty quiet. i chuckle, "olivia just said thank you, mom." "tell olivia she's welcome," mom says, "see her soon!" "did you hear that, liv?" i ask, chuckling as i walk back up the stairs. "i did," olivia giggles.

i get out of the car as dad parks in olivia's driveway. i walk to olivia's door, knocking on it.

i smile as olivia opens the door. "hi," she smiles, wrapping her arms around me. "hey," i chuckle, hugging olivia back while kissing her cheek.

i open the car door for olivia, and she gets in, shuffling through. i get in, hearing olivia greet my parents.  

i pull out the chair for olivia, and she sits down. "thank you," olivia smiles as she turns and looks at me as i push her in. "you're welcome," i grin as i sit beside her.

i look at olivia as she talks to my parents. "well, y/n took me to the lake, actually," liv smiles, "and then she asked me out there." "that's cute!" dad exclaims. "it was," olivia giggles. i keep my eyes on olivia, smiling.

the end!!!