the project - two

a/n - please voteee

olivia and i walk out of english, and i take my phone out as it vibrates. i read the message from hanna, which was asking me to meet up to hook up. i tell her i'm busy, turning my phone off and getting out my keys.

we get into my car, and i start it up as olivia buckles up. "so... where are we going?" olivia asks. "you'll see," i say, turning my phone on and giving it to olivia after i go on spotify.

i reach back, getting my camera. i take it out of the case, taking the lens off. i turn it on, looking at the LCD screen as it pointed at my lap. i press play and attach it to the tripod that was gripped onto my in-car screen in the middle of olivia and i, flipping the LCD out so that i could get us both in the frame. "wow, you're going professional," olivia chuckles, "do you take pictures? vlog?" "pictures," i answer. "do you do photography at school?" olivia asks. i shake my head, starting to drive, "don't really need it." "oh, you're too good, huh?" liv laughs. "exactly," i smile.

we spend half an hour singing to taylor swift songs from olivia's playlist as i drive to the first spot. i park the car on the hill, taking the camera off the tripod as it still films. "can you hold this, please?" i ask, unbuckling. "sure," olivia says, taking the camera. 

i smile as she leans close to the lens, looking to the left to see the LCD. she gives a cheesy smile, laughing after.

i hold the blanket and take out a cooler from my trunk, and olivia and i walk up the hill as she holds the speaker. "what are we doing?" olivia asks, laughing as i lay down the blanket. "you'll see," i say, placing the cooler on the grass, "come sit." 

liv sits down, and i open the cooler, seeing the ice still keeping everything cold. i take out the charcuterie board, strawberry covered strawberries, sandwiches and crackers and cheese. "seriously?" olivia chuckles. "yep," i say, looking at her. i look down at the camera she was filming at me. i grin at the camera, looking back up at olivia. "what would you like first?"

olivia places the camera in front of us, getting us in the frame. "do you like scary movies?" i ask. "ugh, no, i hate them," olivia laughs. i take a bite of my sandwich as we listen to 'fearless (taylor's version)' on the speaker. 

i listen to olivia sing. "there's something 'bout the way, the street looks when it's just rained," she sings, looking down at the strawberry. she hit the high notes effortlessly. "do you sing?" i ask. "i do," olivia nods, "i'm in the musical." "the musical?" i ask. "yeah, 'freaky friday'," olivia chuckles, "the school's production? have you not been listening to the morning announcements?" "to be honest, not really," i admit, "what's freaky friday about?" "seriously? oh my gosh... it's about a mother and daughter who switch lives," olivia tells me. "and who are you?" i ask. "i'm the daughter that switches into the mother," olivia says, "you should come see it. it's in... a little less than three weeks!" "i'm not really a fan of musicals," i say. "have you even seen one?" "well no, but the concept is weird," i say, "no one bursts into song in the middle of a speech." "y/n- that's a musical," olivia laughs, "that's the point! it's only ten dollars, too, for two and a half hours. you can pay on the day. there's three shows!" "i think i'll pass," i dismiss, "i'm sure you'll do well, though."

olivia's pov
y/n never struck me as a musical person anyways. but again, it's the school's production. if i wasn't a musical person, i would still go. i wanted her to go, we've been working really hard on the musical. maybe i'll convince her.

i watch y/n pick up her camera, watching her film the sunset. i close my eyes and smile, putting a peace sign up as y/n points the camera at me.

"thanks for dropping me home," i say, unbuckling my seatbelt. "no problem," y/n responds. "how many places do you have in mind?" i ask out of curiosity. "um... like, five," y/n says. "okay," i smile. i honestly couldn't wait to hang out with her more.