A7 C199: I Don't Speak Harshly, Only Sweetly

Jiang Weimian was once again taken to the police station for interrogation. However, with the experience from the previous times, he found this one relatively easy to handle. Faced with questions about his identity, he continued to claim that he had forgotten everything except his name and age.

Officer Ye sat across from him, sipping wolfberry tea casually. Showing no emotion, he furrowed his brow and said, "You've even forgotten your ID and home address. It seems your memory isn't that good. Why, at such a young age, did you choose to engage in theft and robbery? What was your motive?"

Jiang Weimian replied calmly, "My house was on fire, and I was rushing to save it. In the urgency of the moment, I stole his car."

Officer Ye asked, "Where is your house?"

Jiang Weimian hesitated, "I... forgot."

Officer Ye sighed and decided to move on to the next question to save time, "What's your relationship with the other four people?"

Jiang Weimian had to make something up, "Relatives."

Anticipating that the next question would likely be about why they were at the intersection of Huahai Road No. 13, Jiang Weimian subtly moved his fingertips—his usual gesture when telling lies. As expected, Officer Ye asked, "Why were you and the other four people at Huahai Road? Tell the truth, no hiding."

Jiang Weimian fabricated, "Our house is near Huahai Road. We were on our way back to put out the fire and unexpectedly encountered a criminal attacking. We intervened and knocked him out."

Officer Ye thought to himself that it was more than just knocking him out; the attacker was left with only half a life. He found these two cases absurd but continued with a furrowed brow, "Didn't you say you forgot where your house is?"

Jiang Weimian responded, "I remembered at that time, but now I forgot."

The male officer responsible for recording couldn't take it anymore and slammed the table, saying, "This is a police station, not a kindergarten. I advise you to confess seriously and stop making up stories!"

Jiang Weimian knew his statement was frustrating, but he had no choice. Exhausted and lacking the energy to fabricate more lies, he just wanted to get through the remaining game time and leave. Unable to suppress a yawn, he looked at Officer Ye and said, "Officer Ye, my head hurts a bit. Can I rest for a while?"

Officer Ye looked at him with surprise and suspicion, "How do you know my surname is Ye? Have we met before?"

The police had excellent memories and keen eyesight, and Officer Ye was certain he had never seen Jiang Weimian before.

Jiang Weimian nodded, "There's a photo wall at the entrance of the police station for commendation. I saw your photo with a name—Ye Tianzhi."

Officer Ye remained silent, suddenly finding it difficult to read the criminal in front of him. He glanced at his watch and then asked, "Do you need a doctor?"

Jiang Weimian shook his head, laying it down on the table, "No, thanks. I'll just sleep for a while.”

On the other side, Shen Zuixing was also undergoing interrogation. However, he seemed somewhat absent-minded, constantly pondering the words Jiang Weimian said to him when they got in the car—

"I remember.”

Huh, what did he remember?

Shen Zuixing propped his head, deeply puzzled. Even his responses to the police's questions seemed distracted and filled with mistakes.

Police Officer: "What's your relationship with the other four people?"

Shen Zuixing: "Friends."

Police Officer: "The five of you stole and robbed vehicles. What was the motive, and who was the mastermind?"