A8 C247: I'm Sick!?!?

Desire in humans is like holding a torch against the wind, inevitably causing burns. This fire is so fierce, like a festering ulcer attached to the bone, hard to extinguish once ignited.

Baili Duyue was once tainted by the flames of karma, and now it seems that only by burning his flesh and blood can he find peace.

Sang Feiwan could clearly feel the cold tears on his neck. He closed his eyes, not knowing what he could do at this moment. He could only hold Baili Duyue tightly and then turned his head to kiss away the salty tears at the corner of the other's eye, leaving a trail of warm kisses.

Baili Duyue was tense all over, seemingly suppressing his urge to cry and enduring the pain and hatred in his heart. He noticed Sang Feiwan's movements, silently tightened his fingers, and suddenly, as if electrified, pushed him away.

"Splash—"

Sang Feiwan, caught off guard, was pushed aside, and the iron chain clinked. He looked at Baili Duyue in surprise, seeing him disheveled in a red robe, his expression unclear. Then, step by step, he backed away from the bed and left the hall in a somewhat embarrassed manner.

"Duyue!"

Sang Feiwan instinctively wanted to chase after him, but as he took two steps, he was pulled back by the iron chain at the head of the bed. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t step out of that spot.

Sang Feiwan pulled hard a few times but found he couldn't break free. In the end, he had to give up and sat back on the bed with a slight headache.

Baili Duyue must still care about him having once been Fu Yuhao's spy. But that was not his fault.

Sang Feiwan was considering whether to tell Baili Duyue the truth, to reveal his soul transmigration. But this matter seemed too far-fetched. After all, when he first crossed over, Baili Duyue had tried to probe him with a soul-driving technique, but there was no response at all.

【What should I do? The level of blackening seems irreducible.】

The system, appearing out of nowhere, floated nervously beside him, looking as anxious as an ant on a hot pan. Sang Feiwan had just managed to reduce the darkening level, but who would have thought that Fu Yuhao would suddenly appear, causing it to revert almost overnight.

"Why are you in such a hurry? He left, but he will come back," Sang Feiwan glanced at the system, not sure if he was trying to calm it down or himself.

The system retorted: 【Am I in a hurry?】

Sang Feiwan nodded, "You are."

System: 【...】

Okay, it was indeed quite anxious.

Sang Feiwan, who had always been good at calculating human hearts without making mistakes, miscalculated this time. For some time afterward, Baili Duyue hadn’t visited him for at least three or four days. Every day, only the maidservants came in with soup and medicine to help him change clothes and take his medicine.

Sang Feiwan, now a master of the Tian Shen Realm, could sustain himself without food. He didn't know what the medicine was, but it was probably for treating injuries. After all, when he was assassinated by Fu Yujin, he was injured by the opponent's spiritual power, and now his internal organs still ache.

One day, after drinking the soup, he couldn’t help but ask the maidservant, "Where is the City Lord... I mean, the Emperor?"

The maidservant dared not speak, she couldn’t say that Baili Duyue would linger outside the hall every day but never enter. Such words could cost her her life. So, she could only kneel and say, "Replying to the young master, I don't know. The Emperor is busy with state affairs and is probably dealing with memorials."