A8 C229: Let You Kiss, No More Anger

Sang Feiwan enjoyed seeing Baili Duyue in this bewildered state. He tilted his head and planted scattered kisses on Baili Duyue's neck, then moved upward, once again capturing the crimson lips of Baili Duyue. He teasingly used his tongue to play with him, his voice muffled and unclear, "If the lord doesn't speak, then Feiwan will just assume the role..."

This was the first time they kissed soberly.

Baili Duyue tightened his grip on Sang Feiwan's shoulder at his words, his gaze lost, wondering how to respond. He had never given Sang Feiwan permission to be so audacious. "You..."

"Shh-"

Sang Feiwan suddenly pressed his fingertip on Baili Duyue's watery lips. He furrowed his brows slightly, adopting his usual innocent look. "Does the lord not like Feiwan, hence the many evasions?"

Baili Duyue suspected that Sang Feiwan was pretending to be pitiful again, but the latter's acting skills were too good, making it hard to distinguish between genuine sorrow and feigned sadness. Baili Duyue's gaze was uncertain, and the force of his fingers involuntarily loosened a bit. He turned his head with red ears and said, "Don't ask such nonsensical questions."

Sang Feiwan fabricated a story, picking up a strand of frost-white hair from Baili Duyue's shoulder and lightly twirling it between his fingers. "There are rumors outside, saying that Feiwan is already the lord's person. Yesterday, someone even asked about it. Subordinates don't know how to respond, so Feiwan came to ask the lord how to handle these baseless rumors."

When Baili Duyue heard about someone scheming against Sang Feiwan, his brows furrowed tightly. He coldly said, "Ignore the gossip. If anyone dares to ask in the future, this lord will skin him alive!"

He avoided the question, not giving a direct answer to Sang Feiwan.

Seeing Baili Duyue's reaction, Sang Feiwan raised an eyebrow lightly, realizing that he still lacked a powerful remedy. He smiled, directly releasing Baili Duyue, tidying his clothes and standing up. "If the lord says so, Sang Feiwan understands. In the future, I will definitely stay within my bounds and never overstep."

Sang Feiwan's sweet words and soft tones during flirting were irresistible, but suddenly withdrawing seemed to take only a moment. While the love bites were still visible on Baili Duyue's neck, Sang Feiwan had already cleanly retreated to the side, rolling up his sleeves and seriously preparing ink, as if he intended to be a "stay-within-my-bounds" servant.

Baili Duyue was momentarily stunned by the sight, and when he reacted, he felt a strange sense of emptiness and confusion. He saw Sang Feiwan standing by the table, seriously grinding ink, paused for a moment, and finally, with a slightly strange feeling, he resumed reading the memorials, but his mind seemed elsewhere.

"Splash—"

Perhaps intentionally, Baili Duyue frowned and flipped the paper with a loud noise. Yet, Sang Feiwan remained composed, not even lifting an eyelid.

Baili Duyue's tone was cold, "The ink is too diluted.”

Sang Feiwan smiled, then added more ink to the brush.

Baili Duyue, however, felt uncomfortable and always found fault. After a while, he frowned and said, "The ink is too thick."

Sang Feiwan raised his eyes, "But the lord hasn't tried it yet."

Baili Duyue couldn't even read the memorial. Hearing this, he directly threw away his pen, looked at Sang Feiwan with hostility, lips tightly pursed, emotions unclear, "Are you defying the lord?"

His lips were still swollen, with a complexion translucent like cold jade, appearing more red and splendid. It seemed more like sulking than anger, lacking any intimidating force.