A7 C209: Consistent Confessions

Shen Zuixing noticed that Jiang Weimian had been staring at him. Slowly and deliberately, he shifted his gaze downward. He saw Jiang Weimian's well-defined fingers gripping the notebook with his name and a pig's head, slowly tightening it into a cylindrical shape. Shen Zuixing knew that his subtle actions had been discovered, causing a moment of unease.

With a thick-skinned demeanor, Shen Zuixing showed no embarrassment. Seeing the situation, he casually turned his head away, looking out the car window, and sneered, "Only pigs love to sleep in. I don't love to sleep in."

As soon as he finished speaking, his head was unexpectedly knocked. Shen Zuixing, holding his head, looked at Jiang Weimian in surprise, annoyed, "Jiang Weimian, you hit my head again!"

Jiang Weimian thought, What does he mean by "again"? It's like he hit Shen Zuixing's head before. Frowning, he tightened the notebook in his hand, lightly tapping it twice in his palm, and calmly uttered three words, "You deserve it."

He had long wanted to teach Shen Zuixing a lesson; he just hadn't had the chance.

He Man, afraid that the two would fight, quickly stepped in, leaning against Jiang Weimian's seat and asked, "Jiang Weimian, you mentioned that you have a way to check surveillance. Is it true or false?"

Jiang Weimian said, "Of course, but I need your cooperation."

He Man asked, confused, "???"

The recent weather was hot, and the streets were sparsely populated. The scorching sun roasted the earth, and the heatwaves wished to peel people's skin alive. The on-duty police officer sat in the office, adjusting the air conditioner temperature slightly lower. However, the remote control didn't respond for a while. Just as he was about to get up to check, a group of anxious men and women suddenly appeared at the entrance of the public security bureau.

A short-haired girl, covered in dust and looking dishevelled, rushed in when she saw a police officer on duty at the front desk. Suppressing her choked voice, she said, "Police, I want to report a case. Last night, my friends and I were heading home, and we accidentally encountered human traffickers, right on the highway!"

As soon as she said this, the police officers in the office area, who were having lunch, all stopped and looked over. Among them, a young man reacted first. He quickly pulled out a chair, stood up in a hurry, almost tripping over the chair, and asked in surprise, "What did you say? Encountered human traffickers on the highway?!"

Seeing this, He Man was taken aback, unsure how to react for a while. She hadn't even said her lines yet, and why did this young police officer react so strongly?!

Jiang Weimian reacted first, pulling He Man to the side. He explained, "Officer, it's like this. Last night, my friends and I went camping in the wilderness. We got lost unintentionally and ended up on the highway. Unable to catch a taxi because it was too late, we had to flag down a passing car..."

The police officer making the record asked, "Do you remember which section of the road it was?"

Jiang Weimian shook his head, "It was too dark; I don't remember. I only remember it was a long stretch of highway."

Officer: "Do you remember the basic information of that passing car?”

Jiang Weimian deliberately pondered for a moment, a bit uncertain, and said, "It seems to be a black PST, driven by a man. I didn't remember the license plate clearly, but the last three digits were 037. Can you retrieve the surveillance footage for me? I should be able to recognize it."

He intentionally revealed information about the vehicle used to dispose of the body.

The officer bowed his head and recorded the information provided by Jiang Weimian, saying, "How did you discover that the driver was a human trafficker?"