A7 C215: Jiang Weimian, This Time, Let Me Save You

[It is said by someone that those who die unjustly cannot be reincarnated. With grievances in their hearts, their souls will wander in the world, lingering at the place of their death.]

[The entrance of Alley No. 13 is hidden in the most chaotic place in this bustling city. An old police officer worked there for most of his life. According to him, many years ago, this alley was named Huahai Road No. 13. Later, it was demolished and rebuilt, a school was built, but it closed down, and then a residential area was constructed. After the residential area was demolished, it became the original rundown alley again.]

[Just like how people constantly forget and remember certain things, those flowing high-rise buildings also change their appearance with the passage of time and the changes of the years, but after all the twists and turns, they will return to their original form.]

Jiang Weimian sat down at the dirty alley entrance, rapidly jotting down something with his pen. His posture was the same as when he saw Ah Xing's body being carried out by the forensic team from the rental house, sitting on the ground as if drained of strength.

Along with the fallen backpack were scattered candies.

An old police officer, squatting down in front of him, sighed and said, "You've already saved many people, much stronger than those who turn a blind eye. Don't blame yourself."

"Sometimes, we can extinguish the seed of evil when it just sprouts, but because too many people are afraid to step forward, it leads to many unnecessary deaths."

"Calling the police was the right thing to do; don't blame yourself."

He kept repeating that sentence,

"Don't blame yourself…"

The elderly police officer said that, twenty-something years ago, there was a death here. A high school girl returning home at night was dragged into the alley by a murderer. In the investigation that followed, they found that three pedestrians had passed by that place and heard unusual noises. However, because they were afraid, they didn't choose to call the police but fled the scene.

The next morning, when the body was found, the girl had missed the optimal rescue time, and the police had missed the best time to apprehend the killer. The murderer had cleaned up the scene well, leaving few valuable clues, ultimately becoming an unsolved case.

Not long after, the alley was demolished, and a school was built. Unfortunately, another heartbreaking case occurred. An innocent male high school student was killed and buried on the playground for several years. On the night the murderer buried the body, a student found it, witnessing the entire process. However, fearing trouble, he didn't report it to the police.

So, ten years later, when the school closed and reopened, the boy's body finally saw the light of day. However, it had been too long, everything had changed, and all leads were lost, once again becoming an unsolved case.

Later, when the school closed, a residential area with high-rise buildings replaced it. In the middle of the night, a man drove to the outskirts, accidentally killed his pregnant wife and secretly disposed of her body. At that time, the security guard in the residential area was on duty and saw the man dragging his struggling wife into the car, fists and feet involved.

He saw it and knew it was domestic violence but did not call the police to intervene. After the car left, it took away two innocent lives.

In the biting cold wind, the old policeman and Jiang Weimian were in that narrow and dirty alley. Finally, he said with great emphasis, "Calling the police was the right thing to do. You saved twelve innocent children.”