A9 C253: Little King Kong, Run!

Ming Zhou is blind, unable to see anything, but his hearing is sharper than ordinary people. As he slowly navigates the sidewalk, he occasionally hears subtle sounds ahead, like someone bending down to pick up a soda can and throwing it into the trash, or someone moving a bicycle from the roadside to another location.

His movement with the white cane hesitated for a moment but then resumed, continuing in the direction he remembered. This time, he encountered no obstacles, and the road was surprisingly smooth.

Was it that person just now?

Ming Zhou thought uncertainly.

However, he has rarely sensed goodwill from the outside world since birth and never believes in such things. Therefore, he usually chooses to walk alone.

Xiao Jin'ang cleared the obstacles ahead and then slowed down his pace. He was worried that Ming Zhou might fall or walk in the wrong direction. In fact, Ming Zhou walked steadily, just at a slow pace. The journey of about ten minutes took nearly an hour.

The pharmacy on the street is open 24 hours a day. Xiao Jin'ang saw Ming Zhou fumbling up the steps and quietly followed him inside.

The counter service staff of the pharmacy was dozing off. Upon hearing someone enter, she drowsily opened her eyes, yawned, and asked in a very impatient tone, "Hello, what do you need?"

Ming Zhou obviously couldn't select the medicine from the shelves himself, "Thank you, could you please give me two boxes of medicine for fever?"

The staff immediately realized he was blind and named the medicines available, "We have three types of fever medicine here, at different prices. Which one do you want?"

Ming Zhou chose a commonly used one and then took out his wallet from his pocket, fumbling to take out several banknotes to pay. Just then, the staff noticed Xiao Jin'ang behind him and asked, "What do you want to buy?"

Ming Zhou paused upon hearing this, tilting his head slightly as if not hearing clearly, "What?"

Staff: "I wasn't talking to you. I was asking the person behind you."

Xiao Jin'ang was caught off guard by being singled out and was stunned for a moment before realizing he came to the pharmacy to buy something. He looked around and didn't know what to buy. Finally, he picked up a box of unidentified mint candy from the shelf, "I... I'll take this."

The staff, encountering a handsome guy late at night, felt a bit more awake. She said, "The mint candy is twelve yuan per box. Would you like to pay by cash or QR code?"

Xiao Jin'ang was startled by this and realized he didn't have any money!!!

Although he could create coins with his energy, the interstellar regulations stipulate that he cannot disturb the normal operations of the human world, meaning he cannot create counterfeit money. QAQ

Xiao Jin'ang, under the service staff's smiling gaze, finally sheepishly put back the mint candy, apologizing, "Sorry, I didn't bring any money..."

The service staff thought to herself, "If you don’t have money, why are you browsing the pharmacy?" Just as she was about to return the candy to the shelf, a bright red hundred-yuan bill suddenly appeared on the table, accompanied by a faint male voice saying, "I'll pay for both."

The service staff looked up and saw the blind man with sunglasses, without thinking much, she quickly scanned the QR code for payment, then handed the change and medicine to Ming Zhou, "Here's your stuff, your change is fifty-two yuan, please check."

Ming Zhou didn't respond, expressionless, he took the stack of bills, stuffed them into his wallet, picked up his white cane, and left. As he exited the pharmacy, he keenly heard the subtle sound of footsteps behind him. Hesitating for a moment, he asked, "Was it you who bought the candy earlier?"