A9 C278: Interstellar Space Station

When the last bit of battery was depleted, Xiao Jin'ang's figure suddenly turned into a hazy white light in the darkness. It shattered and dissipated instantly, turning into countless starlights flying towards the window. Like the ashes of fireworks, it suddenly shone brightly and then silently faded away.

"Xiao Jin'ang!"

Ming Zhou seemed to realize something and subconsciously tightened his fingertips, desperately trying to grasp him, but he grabbed nothing. He frantically felt around the sofa for Xiao Jin'ang's figure, but it was empty, not even a trace of residual warmth, as if that person had never existed.

"Xiao Jin'ang?"

"Xiao Jin'ang?!"

In the darkness, Ming Zhou stumbled around searching for Xiao Jin'ang, aimlessly, as if he had returned to the time when his mother blinded him, repeatedly searching for light in disbelief, and accidentally tripped over the coffee table, falling to the ground in a mess.

"Blag—"

The coffee table leg slid across the floor, making a harsh sound.

Outside the window, the rain grew heavier. Fine raindrops floated in through the slightly open window, making the inside feel damp, as if a moist tide had come in.

Ming Zhou covered his knees, maintaining that posture, lying motionless on the ground. The sharp pain seemed clearer in the darkness, and the chill in the air seeped into his limbs, causing him to curl up uncontrollably.

It was an act of extreme pain and endurance, his face pale, devoid of any color.

That kind of pain seemed to remind him that everything just now wasn't a dream.

But where did Xiao Jin'ang go...?

Where did he go...?

Ming Zhou opened his dazed and unfocused eyes, suddenly hoping to regain some vision, even just a little. He had never witnessed Xiao Jin'ang's appearance, and even his departure was silent, like raindrops falling on the ground, disappearing in an instant.

Apart from boundless darkness, fate seemed to have left him with nothing.

Ming Zhou moved his fingertips and touched the cold and damp rain marks on the floor, recalling that he and Xiao Jin'ang had met on a rainy day like this.

Ming Zhou seemed to be unaware of the pain in his knees, suddenly stumbling up from the ground. Following the damp rain marks, he groped his way towards the window in the dark. Occasionally, a lightning bolt would flash across the sky, illuminating his figure, making him appear ethereal and as if he would disappear in the next moment.

By the window, high up in the building, this seemed to be the ending that fate had arranged for him. After going round and round, he ended up back on this path, feeling a sense of destiny.

Ming Zhou should have closed the window to shut out the wind and rain, but for some reason, he slowly opened it to the maximum, letting the wind and rain pour in, soaking his clothes quickly.

Did Xiao Jin'ang leave from here?

Ming Zhou didn't know. He slowly reached his hand out of the window, trying to sense his presence in the rain. Unconsciously, he leaned out too far, already swaying, just one step away from falling. At that moment, a tiny meow sounded by his feet:

"Meow~"

Shine, somehow, had appeared by Ming Zhou's feet. It stared at him curiously with its one remaining eye, then used its paws to scratch him, seemingly urging him to come back quickly.