A9 C281: Extra - Diamond Spirit 2

Xiao Jin'ang had been online all along. He lay on the table, watching his former host bicker and argue. He was amused, laughing until his eyes narrowed. However, when he saw the blue electronic screen in front of him gradually becoming more transparent, he slowly sat upright.

【Apologies, energy is running low, the temporal connection will automatically disconnect soon.】

The system's alert sounded without any warning, but only Xiao Jin'ang could hear it.

In order to communicate with his host, he had used a portion of his energy to establish the temporal connection. Now, with the energy running out, this chat interface would soon disappear.

Subconsciously, Xiao Jin'ang raised his hand, wanting to recharge the energy, but there was no response. It was only then that he remembered he had already turned into a human.

The people in the group were still engaged in heated discussions, debating what kind of book Xiao Jin'ang would write, completely unaware that the chat interface had begun to gradually fade away, and messages were not being sent out.

Shen Liang realized something was wrong: 【What's going on? Is the network down?】

Chu Xinian felt Shen Liang must be a product of the nine-year compulsory education: 【What kind of network do you think is so powerful that it allows you to communicate with people from ancient times? Clearly, there's a problem with the system.】

Tang Yan: 【System? Isn't that Xiao Jin'ang?】

Shen Liang: 【Don't mention it, why does Xiao Jin'ang always mess up at critical moments? I wanted to see what he wrote.】

Xiao Jin'ang stared at the electronic panel, wanting to speak but hesitating. He wanted to tell his host that the energy was running out and the chat group would soon disconnect, but he didn't know how to say it. In the end, he swallowed his words—

He had been human for a short time and hadn't learned how to say goodbye.

Seeing Ming Zhou alone in the living room, Xiao Jin'ang picked up the manuscripts on the desk, then ran out to sit beside him.

Hearing the movement beside him, Ming Zhou slightly turned his head in confusion, "Aren't you writing your manuscript anymore?"

Xiao Jin'ang placed the manuscript on his lap and flattened it seriously before speaking, "I want to write it with you."

Ming Zhou smiled with the gentle grace unique to his age, "I'm not very good at writing stories, why don't you write it, and read it to me?"

Unconsciously, Xiao Jin'ang picked up a pen cap and scratched his head, "But I don't know how to write. Do you know how to write a farewell letter?"

Hearing the word "farewell", Ming Zhou's body subtly stiffened. He subconsciously touched the cat in his arms, then slowly put it on the floor to let Liang Jingjing play further away before asking calmly, "Farewell? Who are you saying farewell to?"

People who had experienced separations were always overly sensitive to this word, and Ming Zhou was no exception.

Xiao Jin'ang patted the papers on his lap, "Farewell to my friends."

Ming Zhou: "Why?"

Xiao Jin'ang whispered in disappointment, "I've run out of energy. The temporal connection I established will soon disconnect, and I won't be able to contact them anymore."

Ming Zhou then vaguely remembered that Xiao Jin'ang had once told him about a temporal chat group. Unsure of how to comfort him, he said gently, "Just tell them what you want to say."