A9 C260: Overnight Stay

Before the age of seven, Ming Zhou could see things. Although it was just a small square dark room, and there was only a foolish and mad woman, it was the clearest thing he could touch in the dark memories of his early life.

Yes, it was the clearest, not the brightest.

Right now, he was being held by Xiao Jin'ang, forced to lift his head to face him in a looking-up position. Suddenly, he felt a dazzling sensation, like the sun that couldn't be looked at directly...

But it was a damp night, with the sound of rain outside the window, much like the evening when that woman blinded Ming Zhou's eyes and then jumped from a high building.

There was no sun.

No sun...

For some reason, the hot temperature on Ming Zhou's face slowly subsided. The redness faded away, and his face became so pale under the light that it was almost transparent. He didn't avoid Xiao Jin'ang's touch anymore, unusually quiet. After a while, he finally spoke, asking, "...What would you do if I were sick?"

In fact, Ming Zhou wanted to ask if anyone would really care if he were sick. But this question seemed too sharp. After some hesitation, he swallowed it back, hurting only himself.

It felt like a lump in his throat, like a needle in his stomach.

Hearing this, Xiao Jin'ang thought he was really sick because he was too straightforward and everything was written on his face. He said seriously, "If you were sick, I would definitely take care of you."

After saying that, just like when he was still a small diamond, Xiao Jin'ang gently rubbed Ming Zhou's cheek, comforting him like a small animal, and said with concern, "You have a fever, right? Shall I go downstairs to buy medicine for you?"

Xiao Jin'ang's face was very soft, and even a slight touch could feel that this person was kind-hearted and straightforward. He even forgot that he had no money in his pocket. As he was about to go downstairs to buy medicine for Ming Zhou, he was stopped by Ming Zhou grabbing his wrist, "No need—"

After a brief hesitation, Ming Zhou swallowed the words "not sick" that were about to come out of his mouth and whispered, "There are medicines in the drawer of my room. The cold medicine inside hasn't been used up."

Upon hearing this, Xiao Jin'ang instinctively looked towards the bedroom, "Is it that room?"

Ming Zhou nodded, whispering, "Bedside table, second drawer."

"I'll go get it for you."

Xiao Jin'ang carefully stepped around the cat that was eating on the floor and walked into Ming Zhou's bedroom. He fumbled to turn on the light in the pitch-black room, found a small cabinet beside the bed, and opened the drawer to find several boxes of cold medicine. The packaging looked familiar, as if they had bought it at the pharmacy the first time they met.

Xiao Jin'ang squatted down, carefully read the instructions on the medicine, found that adults only needed to take two pills at a time, took out two pills, and put the medicine box back in place.

The things in Ming Zhou's house were neatly arranged, even different medicines were categorized in different drawers. If they were messed up, it would be troublesome if Ming Zhou couldn't find them.

Xiao Jin'ang walked out with the medicine, intending to get a cup of hot water, but found that the water on the table was cold. He went to the kitchen to fill the kettle and reheat some water.

Hearing the sound of water, Ming Zhou seemed to guess what Xiao Jin'ang was about to do. He fumbled to stand up from the sofa, slightly tilted his head, and reminded, "I remember there's water on the table."