A7 C207: Highway Horror

Jiang Weimian had no idea what kind of story he had written or what kind of villains he had created. But at this moment, he could finally confirm the character design for Shen Zuixing.

A carefree, eager-to-get-into-a-relationship, lovesick rogue villain.

"...Not very impressive."

After a long and silent pause, Jiang Weimian suddenly pulled Shen Zuixing's hand slowly away from his neck. He took a step back, leaning against the wall and looking at the sky. There was a semi-transparent game interface floating in front of him, with the countdown for the last thirty seconds ticking down.

Seeing this, Shen Zuixing paused, then casually withdrew his hand, complaining, "Jiang Weimian, you're still as boring as ever."

Jiang Weimian, upon hearing this, glanced at him, but Shen Zuixing had lowered his head. He kicked small stones on the roadside with an absent-minded rhythm. The contours of his side profile were somewhat blurry in the night, yet there was an inexplicable sense of familiarity.

"..."

Jiang Weimian tried to think for a moment, but his mind was blank. Hesitating, he tentatively asked, "Shen Zuixing, have I... met you somewhere before?"

At his words, Shen Zuixing's stone-kicking action paused, but a stone still skipped towards the distance. He looked up at Jiang Weimian, the usual playful expression absent from his face. After a moment of silence, he said, "How would I know if you've seen me before? You can't even remember if you've seen others."

Indeed, Jiang Weimian couldn't remember. He couldn't even recall what his parents looked like. The only clear memories were from the past two years. Honestly, he admitted, "Yeah, I don't remember."

Shen Zuixing felt inexplicably annoyed.

At that moment, the end-of-game notification suddenly sounded:

[Ding! Congratulations to the five players. You have successfully passed the trial of the primary level. The game time has ended. Do you wish to enter the next level? Countdown: ten seconds. If no choice is made after ten seconds, it will automatically proceed to the next level—]

[10...]

[9...]

[8...]

Feeling irritated by the noisy game, Shen Zuixing kicked the wall hard. Unexpectedly, it caused a commotion inside. Zhao Xi immediately became alert and shouted, "Who's out there?!"

Before Shen Zuixing could respond, Jiang Weimian answered for him with just two words, "A rogue."

After all, Shen Zuixing was indeed a rogue.

Startled by his voice, he walked to the wall, demanding, "Who are you?!"

Jiang Weimian remained silent, only reminding through the wall, "This place is too dangerous. Let her change rooms sooner."

As the last word fell, the game countdown ended, automatically proceeding to the next level.

[Ding! About to enter the next level! Congratulations to the five players for obtaining two golden keys. Reward: four life energy units. Please keep up the good work! The intermediate level is now opening—]

A dazzling white light flashed, and their figures disappeared instantly.

Zhao Xi heard someone talking outside and quickly climbed the wall to check. However, there was nothing outside, no trace of anyone. He couldn't help but be stunned for a moment.