A8 C219: Painting

Sang Feiwan's parents were both romantics.

From as far back as he could remember, he witnessed his mother flirting and entangling herself with various men, while his father frequently brought different women home. Although there's a saying that rotten wood cannot be carved, there's another saying, "near ink makes one black." Under the influence of his parents' lifestyle, Sang Feiwan, from an early age, became quite adept at the art of "flirting" and even found it rather interesting.

However, he only understood "lust" rather than "love," a distinction that made a world of difference.

The protagonist's temperament in a novel doesn't necessarily reflect the author's personality, but it's undeniable that there might be some shadowing. For example, the protagonist Duan Yang in the book "Greedy Love" subtly shares some similarities with Sang Feiwan, both being emotionally cold individuals. The difference lies in the former's liking for "entanglement" while the latter enjoys "seduction."

It was a contradictory psychology.

Sang Feiwan understood from a young age the power behind the words "pleasure" and "joy." It could not only confuse and bewitch people's minds but also make them lose their reason, abandoning family and children. He was both interested and disgusted, so over the years, he only enjoyed playing with people's hearts, never getting involved in matters of "lust."

However, some people were naturally adept at it.

Kneeling in the grand hall, Sang Feiwan seemed unafraid of the king who wielded the power of life and death in the northern region. He looked up at Baili Duyue, and the slender, warm fingertips hooked onto the lord's hand in full view of everyone, then slowly tightened. A section of the red and dark golden-patterned sleeve slid down, concealing the motion of their entwined hands.

"Feiwan also has some knowledge of painting. My lord, why not let me give it a try?"

As he spoke, the attendants in the hall almost burst out laughing. Who didn't know that Sang Feiwan was a complete layman when it came to literature and art? On the day he was presented to the king due to his extraordinary appearance, he was summoned once, but instead of gaining attention, he became the subject of a big joke.

Baili Duyue enjoyed painting, and behind the high seat of the main hall hung a painting titled "Clouds and Nine Provinces." Sang Feiwan recognized only half of the characters, mistakenly reading it as "Rain-soaked Nine Rivers Circle," causing laughter from the crowd. Yet, he remained blissfully unaware of his mistake, exhibiting an air of self-satisfaction, truly an embodiment of "ignorance is a bliss."

This idiot was now claiming to be a painter, a statement that, if spread, would be a big joke in the world.

Others didn't believe it, and Baili Duyue, naturally, was even more skeptical. He waved his sleeve, retracted his hand, and stood with a condescending posture, examining Sang Feiwan with a downward gaze, "Do you know what will happen if you ruin a painting of mine?"

Sang Feiwan's expression remained unchanged; he even smiled. Slowly exhaling words, "Peel my skin and make it into paper."

Baili Duyue lowered his gaze when he heard this, and his frost-colored eyelashes seemed to be coated with fallen snow. Against the backdrop of the dark red embroidered golden robe, there was an eerie beauty. He chuckled, "Your complexion is fair; it seems suitable."

He turned and walked to the high seat, the hem of his crimson robe brushing over the steps. It seemed he hadn't agreed to Sang Feiwan's request. However, the onlookers only saw Baili Duyue seated at the top, leaning on a cushion with a thoughtful expression. Suddenly, he ordered the nearby guard in a low voice, "Go, fetch ink, brush, paper, and inkstone."